NEurope

My X-Plorer works fine...except the tilt sensor doesn't work well and never has since I got it ._.

(I blame you Moria! ;))

Of the two guitars I have (GH3 Wii and RB) both have been hit and miss with the tilt sensor, either that or I'm a flid.

BTW I'm starting to warm to the RB guitar now. :)

I really like the RB guitar though think I still prefer GH3 wii controller. One thing I'm really struggling with though and its making songs unneccesarily difficult, is the really fast strumming (e.g. creep in expert, instrumental), I try up and down strumming as fast as I can but just can't do it at all. Anyone got any tips?

I can't do fast sections on the RB controller either. And yet I still use it...

I really like the RB guitar though think I still prefer GH3 wii controller. One thing I'm really struggling with though and its making songs unneccesarily difficult, is the really fast strumming (e.g. creep in expert, instrumental), I try up and down strumming as fast as I can but just can't do it at all. Anyone got any tips?
If you're strumming up and down, one thing to try, as daft as it sounds, is to slow down a little bit. You're strumming about 2x the usual speed since up and down both count, so you might find you're going slightly too fast and need to pace it a little more.

If you're strumming up and down, one thing to try, as daft as it sounds, is to slow down a little bit. You're strumming about 2x the usual speed since up and down both count, so you might find you're going slightly too fast and need to pace it a little more.

Truth tip, this is what I was doing on GH. I was like "WTF still doesnt work" Lozzles.

Work out the tempo of the fast section, and then figure out how quick you'll need to strum.

I usually just strum upwards using my index and middle fingers. No idea why, but i seem to be able to keep the rhythm better on fast sections that way. Only difficulty is constantly having to switch between grips on the strum bar.

Coming the week of June 24th - the long-awaited (especially by me) release of the Pixies' incredible album Doolittle. 14 tracks join the track "Wave of Mutilation" which was included on the Rock Band disc to complete the album.

Release date: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 (Xbox LIVE® Marketplace)

Thursday, June 26, 2008 (PLAYSTATION®Store)

Tracks:

“Crackity Jones”

“Dead”

“Debaser”

“Gouge Away”

“Here Comes Your Man”

“Hey”

“I Bleed”

“La la Love You”

“Monkey Gone To Heaven”

“Mr Grieves”

“No 13 Baby”

“Silver”

“Tame”

“There Goes My Gun”

(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:

$18.99 (1520 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the Album or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track.

Pixies love!

Pixies is out the week after instead we get:

Tracks:

“Afterlife” (Avenged Sevenfold)

“Critical Acclaim” (Avenged Sevenfold)

“Hammerhead” (The Offspring)

“Rock N Roll Dream” (Crooked X)

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track for the Avenged Sevenfold songs and The Offspring song.

Crooked X’s “Rock N Roll Dream will be $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360).

Edit: I dont know any of those songs.

Avenged Sevenfold! W00t!

Though the could've had Almost Easy instead of Critical Acclaim.

Pixies is out the week after instead we get:

Tracks:

“Afterlife†(Avenged Sevenfold)

“Critical Acclaim†(Avenged Sevenfold)

“Hammerhead†(The Offspring)

“Rock N Roll Dream†(Crooked X)

Price:

$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track for the Avenged Sevenfold songs and The Offspring song.

Crooked X’s “Rock N Roll Dream will be $0.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360).

Edit: I dont know any of those songs.

Hammerhead is off the new Offspring album

Great news about The Pixies album. Bit expensive tho?

I was playing a bit GH2 today on the PS2 and I really felt like getting this :P But it's soo damned expensive

Some great Pixies songs there. "Debaser"? Yes f**king please. :smile:

"Afterlife" by A7X? Fucking GET IN! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Anyone else got issues with the strummer on the RB Guitar. It's really weird, and if theres a chain of notes directly after each other it always seems to **** me over.

Other than that enjoying it a lot so far.

Really irritating issue that imho.

Its easily rectified by pushing harder on the bar, but that isnt doing the wear and tear any good on it.

I took mine apart to see if it is something that can be fixed and saw the problem straight away....The gap on the downstroke magnetic sensor is possibly too big (upstroke is a lot closer on mine).

The problem is the gap cannot be closed without screwing the warranty.

The only fix I can come up with (and I havent tried it yet) is to add a lair of that flexible magnetic strip used for fridge magnets and magnetic insoles.

In addition to Pixies "Doolittle" (click for the Pixies announcement), we are also offering a three pack from Weezer, straight off of their new album!

Weezer Pack 01:

Dreamin' (Master)

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Master)

Troublemaker (Master)

All three tracks will be available individually for $1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points) or as a pack for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points).

sweet Pixies and Weezer on Tuesday :)

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived should be interesting to play :)

More Weezer, get in!

Lack of Pork and Beans is disappointing though :( Would have preferred that to Dreamin', but the other two are great picks.

Was losing interest in Rock Band but I'm definately gonna have to get that pack.

sweet Pixies and Weezer on Tuesday :)

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived should be interesting to play :)

Oh hell yes!

I need to start buying some DLC tbh, not got any so far!

I've had to get a replacement foot pedal for the drum kit.

This new one actually feels better; it's more loose so you don't have to push down as hard. :smile:

Jordan downloaded Coheed and Cambria's 'Welcome Home' and Disturbed's 'Inside the Fire', and I must say, MOST FAVOURITE SONGS SO FAR!!!

Now if only they put up Dir en Grey songs..

Jordan downloaded Coheed and Cambria's 'Welcome Home' and Disturbed's 'Inside the Fire', and I must say, MOST FAVOURITE SONGS SO FAR!!!

Now if only they put up Dir en Grey songs..

Wait for the japanese version. :?

this coming weeks dlc is a bit meh imo

Hey everybody, next week for DLC we have the Crüefest Pack for $.99 per track (80 Microsoft Points) and a track from the movie "The Rocker" by Vesuvius absolutely free! Also check back on Monday and I may have some other news-type-stuff for you.

Release Date

Tuesday, July 1st (Xbox 360 Marketplace)

Thursday, July 3rd (Playstation Store)

Tracks:

Crüefest Pack:

“Down At The Whisky” – Mötley Crüe

“Time Is Running Out” – Papa Roach

“Who’s Going Home With You Tonight” – Trapt

“Promised Land” - Vesuvius

Price:

Crüefest Pack:

$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the entire collection of tracks or 99¢ (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

“Promised Land” – Free!

So me and a friend of mine plan on buying the rest of the dlc...15,4440 points! Cost us a $100 a piece.. :( But damn it'll be awesome to have 200 some tracks!

A free track? Nice.

Also! Rock Band 2 has been annouced for a September release date in both Europe and the US. Check Kotaku for more details... because i can't be arsed to link.

I just read that. Can't believe they're making new instruments aswell. Takes the biscuit really.

Old ones are still going to be compatible though so I don't see the problem.