N-Europe

Nintendo Media Summit 2008

david.dakota

Ok, its a little over a week until Nintendo's Media Summit takes place, however just what is due to be shown. Compared to the last media summit, where (as I recall) Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl, Link Crossbow Training, Batallion Wars 2 and a handful of other games appeared in either video or playable forms.

Fastforward to today and Nintendo has far less to offer - Mario Kart Wii and WiiFit (both out in mere days in Europe, slightly later for our overseas friends). While both are expected to do big business, especially in the casual crowd, this summit seems to have very little substance to it. So, despite The Reginator promising a big E3 blow out in July, could this summit have a secret or two?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll probably get the usual update about how well Brain Training has been selling, the same with Smash Bros in America, and probably a load of promotion for Wii Fit and Mario Kart. News on Animal Crossing / a new Kid Icarus / F-Zero / Pikmin would be nice, but it's more likely to appear at E3.

But the summit is in America, no? They won't bother giving a date for another, smaller territory if it's in America.

I expect pretty much nothing. They've exhausted the games we know about and won't know more till E3

Isn't Europe starting to be the bigger market of the two, especcially considering the current exchange rate?

The way I see it, if they want their respect back after the Wii Fit-centric E3 2007, they need to announce some decent first-party DS games (and show us that they haven't abandoned the platform), lots more first-party WiiWare titles, and some Wii games that go beyond Mario Kart and Wii Fit.

I'm bumping this back up! GoNintendo have been invited to this and they are talking as if something will be shown, so theres some sort of hope i guess!

It also seems Disaster has a Japanese release date of July, so the game will be released here September/October i reckon! This may also be the game that is shown at the media summit and we will (hopefully) get more info on it! We've waited long enough!

I believe the media summit is this Thursday/Friday anyone clarify?