N-Europe

trying to catch a 270KG motorbike with one arm...

Maiky-NiSuTe

Is not a good idea.

altough my bike dint get damaged:

DivLVfar.jpg

only my left arm almost got torn off ripping my upper and lower arm mussels (i cant move my arm and barely my fingers.. so i still can game a bit)

was i a fool to catch it or was i smart to save my self from 3000,- euro damage to my bike?

Trying to catch such a heavy bike isn't such a good idea, what would have happened if the bike had fallen on your arm completely and had been on and was hot? It would have burned you as well as ripped you to pieces.

eek, I hope you make a quick recovery!

the bike stood on uneven terrain and fell over just when i got off (i stood beside it getting ready to walk away when i haired the div shift over the ground) it surprised me how fast i reacted to it (must be because im a gamer ^.-)

the thing that bothers me the most is that i cant really play games long without taking a rest. let alone ride my bike.. not that its weather to do so..

Guest Stefkov

Because you're not tht badly injured I would say it was a good idea, save the pennies/euros on repairs.

If your arm was torn off then I would, and probably more people, say you shoud have just left it. Save your arm you can just earn the money.

It's good you're ok though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to do that. Need to graduate to getting my full bike license though soon. That would be VERY nice to have. Looking forward to the day when I can actually use my bike for real travelling which is impossible on my 125cc right now (not that I don't live the little thing).

It's not fair though, I had a look at a GSX-R600 for a laugh and when I sat on it, it just felt so right. I'm a really short guy though so I can only ride japanese bikes really but I'm stopping myself wanting one of these. Must... be... strong!

I assume you're talking in km.

But that's still fast.

Jup that is KM but please remember that the one was on the german autobahn and the other was on a race track! DO NOT DO IT ON A NORMAL ROAD! for you never know if a car with trailer lost something or some idiot lost a brick (yes i have seen it happen and its not a pretty sight!) also opening the throttle of your bike is something any one can do but to drive safely is a skill!

i say this because i have been driving for many years and my whole family does. and i lost some relatives thanks to their unsafe driving.

: peace: