N-Europe

England v Argentina ['friendly']

Stocka

Taking Riquelme off changed the game..

Bringing on Crouch changed the game. They were scared of him, they didn't know how to defend against his height. Owens first goal came because two men took Crouch which left Owen free at the back post.

Fantastic game, fantastic result. This is what every friendly should be about, players should be proud to wear the shirt and go out to win. Good on England, and good on Sven for making the right decisions tonight.

1-0 Argentina (crespo)

That defending was terrible! Ferdinand is so shite they should of started with Sol ffs I hate Sven

Bit harsh there that you single out Ferdinand there rather than Bridge, just because hes a United player methinks :p he couldn't really do anything about it as his momentum was taking him towards the goal.

Overall it was an AMAZING game, couldn't believe Owen got those two goals, Beckham had a chance as well and Rooney's chip was brilliantly saved as were a number of Argentina's efforts. Definately the best friendly I have ever seen!

Guest DS MaNiAc

It was a great game, had me on the edge of me seat for the whole 90 mins! I think the Argie Bargies played a little better than us, but who cares :D

It games like this that make some of Englands other performances so disspointing. They've proven over and over again in games like this that they are a world-class, poptentially world-cup winning side, and when they don't show that it's always bitterly disspointing.

I was expectin us to lose, but hey, we win, whats bad about that? :P

Sven is slacking, i hope he is out before Germany 2006, or we'l be toast.

So utterly wrong its unbelievable. If Sven were to go we have one more match before the world cup thats hardly enough time for whoever takes over to come in and get a feel for the players he wants to use.

So utterly wrong its unbelievable. If Sven were to go we have one more match before the world cup thats hardly enough time for whoever takes over to come in and get a feel for the players he wants to use.

Sven hasn't got a feel for the players. he is crap. he inhereted probabley the most impressive squad in the world and what has he done? nothing. this england side is the best i have ever seen (born in 1982). and still we are lacking. all down to the manager IMO.

Ya' know mike-zim, you've got a bizarrely negative attitude towards Sven. He's done some great work for England, and led the team to some fantastic victories. You surely wouldn't argue that the team hasn't improved, would you? You say Sven inherited a strong team. I disagree. Remember the days of Kevin Keagen? <shudders> Before Sven came along, England weren't given a snowballs chance of taking a trophy. These days they keep a spare bottle of brasso handy, just in case. I should hope they're a strong team - Sven built them that way.