N-Europe

Good Deeds :)

Kirkatronics

I helped a blind man cross the road - TBH it didn't fill me with the warm glow that the TV says I should feel after doing a good deed. I'd do it again though, it's only right. I don't think people should just do good deeds for self-gratification, just think of how the other person would feel if you didn't help them.

I helped a blind man cross the road - TBH it didn't fill me with the warm glow that the TV says I should feel after doing a good deed. I'd do it again though, it's only right. I don't think people should just do good deeds for self-gratification, just think of how the other person would feel if you didn't help them.

Personally I don't think it matters what the reason for doing it is. At the end of the day it's still happening. Sure in an ideal world everybody would do things for others but if it helps them anyway what does it matter?

I do not brag about my charitable qualities :P

If someone helps me for their own gratification, then I would feel objectified and used; degraded from a human being. We ought to help one another when we can, for the sake of helping them; for their benefit.

... Yes this is all overly dramatic and I realise that -- but basically I think both the cause and the outcome are important.

I'm of the Pay-it-Forward philosophy but in the little things way. I don't mind being the one who starts the wave but I would like to think that in some way I can make some of those little steps that get people to feel like then can ask for help from each other.

Good timing, just yesterday I was exiting the bus and an old lady that was exiting too fell. She hurt her knee a little but was pretty dizzy from the fall, so I helped her up, took her to a nearby chair and made sure she was feeling OK. I stayed with her a little and took her to some friends she was meeting or wtvr.

It felt pretty cool.

I did arrive very late to class (laboratory) and my teacher went on and on and on about punctuality yadda yadda. Asshole.

Good timing, just yesterday I was exiting the bus and an old lady that was exiting too fell. She hurt her knee a little but was pretty dizzy from the fall, so I helped her up, took her to a nearby chair and made sure she was feeling OK. I stayed with her a little and took her to some friends she was meeting or wtvr.

It felt pretty cool.

I did arrive very late to class (laboratory) and my teacher went on and on and on about punctuality yadda yadda. Asshole.

Actually, though I helped a blind man cross the road (not that wanna I keep going on about :indeed: ), I did see an old woman fall in Sainsburys and started laughing. Other people came to help her up though so it wasn't so bad

Well I fixed my housemates laptop which took a few days as it was screwed through and through.

And a few days ago I was wondering around town in the rain and as I left a store some woman's bag fell apart (as it was one of those paper ones) so I gave her my bag to put her stuff in. She seemed happy, thus it was a good deed.