Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Daft

Plus, who will care about the game by the time it comes out? XD I'd rather have the console to play the game when it actually hits the shelves.

Me; because I don't feel like dropping ridiculous amounts on a PS3 for one game. On top of that, that point made me laugh as I remember myself buying a Gamecube, Mario Sunshine and Melee with 2 controllers, memory card etc for £50 a couple of years after it's out and still enjoying them as much as if I'd got them when new.

And I take it you're not planning on buying Bioshock for the PS3 then? :indeed:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me; because I don't feel like dropping ridiculous amounts on a PS3 for one game. On top of that, that point made me laugh as I remember myself buying a Gamecube, Mario Sunshine and Melee with 2 controllers, memory card etc for £50 a couple of years after it's out and still enjoying them as much as if I'd got them when new.

To be fair, you may have just owned him.

Nope, had the superior PC version since the day of release. I also have an Xbox 360 anyway (see tag).

You might have been getting enjoyment from Sunshine later, but there's no doubt that it won't have the same effect as release and waiting does suck.

A good example is GTAIV, possibly Halo 3 a little too. It really was one of them games that people wanted on release, and nowadays with GTAIV definitely it's not seen as the 10/10 masterpiece as everyone was saying it was back then.

To be fair, you may have just owned him.

To be fair, I find forum brown-nosing disgusting, particularly when his point failed since he didn't realise I:

a) Had an Xbox 360 anyway (blatantly obvious due to my gamertag)

b) Had the PC version from release.

So I don't think he owned me, actually (nice try, though).

People must not play many games if they only see 2 games to own for the PS3, O_o

People only see 2 games to play because they're the only 2 games that have been hyped/are mainstream enough for them to notice. Basically, unless there's Halo/Gears of War in-your-face style hype and advertising some people just assume that the game must automatically be too rubbish to warrant purchase.

We're not as bad as America in terms of hype and advertising making us buy stuff, but still bad.

People must not play many games if they only see 2 games to own for the PS3, O_o

I am a little saddened by the delay, but I have other awesome games coming, so that gives me some time to chill. Valkyria Chronicles soon ^_^

*gives some more geometry wars dyson whooping :P*

Exactly there are a ton of good PS3 games and PSN is fast becoming THE place in my opinion for downloadables...

*gives some more geometry wars dyson whooping :P*

Damn you! Give it time sir, give it time... :heh:

People only see 2 games to play because they're the only 2 games that have been hyped/are mainstream enough for them to notice.

Oh, I know about other PS3 games, sure. I just don't want them enough to warrant purchasing a PS3. Though I'd like Wipeout from the PSN, I have it on the PS1 and break it out every year or so to complete again. I don't play RPG's often so couldn't care less about WKS or whatever.

Basically, unless there's Halo/Gears of War in-your-face style hype and advertising some people just assume that the game must automatically be too rubbish to warrant purchase.

I don't remember any "Halo/Gears of War" style hype or advertising for DMC4, JSRF, Star Wars TCS, Beautiful Katamari etc, and yet I bought them, and believe them to be great games. I still don't know where you're pulling these generalisations from because tbh they don't seem to be true at all. I've never heard anyone say "This game must be shit because it's had little or no advertising/hype!".

Exactly there are a ton of good PS3 games and PSN is fast becoming THE place in my opinion for downloadables...

Sorry flameboy but I absolutely cannot see what is for offer on the PSN that would warrant it being a better place for downloadables than the XBLM/XBLA; however I can respect your opinion on the matter.

As a side note, I also dislike the PS2/PS3 controller. Can't stand the thing.

Wipeout HD and flow are enough to die happy ;). They're also very reasonably priced and you can simply pay using real money and not kooky points that you have to buy in certain increments. :p

Don't get me wrong, I love castle crashers, but I see the content, layout and payment system for PSN store coming out on tops. With my 360 I can't pay for the points with my Maestro card for some reason, so I have to go to the shop and buy them or get them off eBay.

I don't remember any "Halo/Gears of War" style hype or advertising for DMC4, JSRF, Star Wars TCS, Beautiful Katamari etc, and yet I bought them, and believe them to be great games. I still don't know where you're pulling these generalisations from because tbh they don't seem to be true at all. I've never heard anyone say "This game must be shit because it's had little or no advertising/hype!".

Side note: I also dislike the PS2/PS3 controller.

Look at the sales figures for Halo and Gears of War, then look at the sheer amount of advertising and hype attached to them. They clearly go hand in hand, as people are easily persuaded by marketing. Yeah, you probably have bought other games too, but there's probably tons more games you might have liked but never gave a second look. With the PS3, the two games you quoted wanting are probably the two most hyped games on the system, citing no other less-popular games as being wanted, which is why I logically picked up on the fact.

I see you didn't reply to my comment on owning Bioshock, or having a 360. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I love castle crashers, but I see the content, layout and payment system for PSN store coming out on tops. With my 360 I can't pay for the points with my Maestro card for some reason, so I have to go to the shop and buy them or get them off eBay.

I'll give you those two out of three; at least until the new X360 Dashboard update comes out - how the new Marketplace will function remains to be seen.

Damn you! Give it time sir, give it time... :heh:

Oh, I know about other PS3 games, sure. I just don't want them enough to warrant purchasing a PS3. Though I'd like Wipeout from the PSN, I have it on the PS1 and break it out every year or so to complete again. I don't play RPG's often so couldn't care less about WKS or whatever.

Sorry flameboy but I absolutely cannot see what is for offer on the PSN that would warrant it being a better place for downloadables than the XBLM/XBLA; however I can respect your opinion on the matter.

As a side note, I also dislike the PS2/PS3 controller. Can't stand the thing.

Personally for me I feel PSN is really pushing the digitial distribution to the next level. They offer games on both Blu Ray and if possible download, they are trying different things, rather than the very predictable that XBLM has become, although XNA could change that I admit. I think it is telling that a 3rd party game in Burnout Paradise came to PSN as a download and shows the faith developers clearly have in the playstation store as a distribution service.

I agree with you to some extent about the controller I do prefer the 360 controller, but for me the lure of MGS4, LBP and the then exclusive final fantasy plus all the internal talent Sony has (look at wipeout for proof of this!) proved to be far more of a lure than any xbox 360 exclusives... but like you said we have different opinions and both seem to be able to respect that : peace:

:smile: Another vote for PSN. Its funny when people use the download argument against Blu Ray ( Got Dark Knight preordered. :heh: ). Except that PSN is the most advanced download service. :smile:

I have to admit its come a long long way since the beginning. The open ended nature of the system is a really strong point which is why we even have games coming like LBP.

Also i hear lbp was on Jonathon Ross?

PSN = Great for original, Sony developed software.

XBLA = Great for quick bite sized games, re-makes, ports but still fantastic in its own unique way.

The fact is, XBLA and PSN aren't catering for the same market share. So stop comparing them... Oh and seeing as the PSN is an online store and the XBLM is built into the software, the PSN can constantly change and shift with its content. Until the NXE, the 360 cannot. Which has always been a problem.

Look at the sales figures for Halo and Gears of War, then look at the sheer amount of advertising and hype attached to them. They clearly go hand in hand, as people are easily persuaded by marketing. Yeah, you probably have bought other games too, but there's probably tons more games you might have liked but never gave a second look. With the PS3, the two games you quoted wanting are probably the two most hyped games on the system, citing no other less-popular games as being wanted, which is why I logically picked up on the fact.

More advertising; more people know about the game; more people buy it, wh'd'ya know. To be fair, he's clearly an avid gamer and does his research - he more than probably knows what's out there and what appeals to him. Just so happens that those 'over-hyped' games are arguably the best on their respective systems.

The fact is, XBLA and PSN aren't catering for the same market share. So stop comparing them...

Only because people use the shop relating the to console that they have, and the online shops themselves don't tend to pull people to a console. They are basically the same thing (in terms of what they provide) and so, in my opinion, directly comparable.

I don't see what you mean by not comparable since they don't grasp the same market share? If one service offers a better variety of content (or more DC for multiplatform games), has a weaker layout, or even costs more for similar games, isn't that comparable? Seems like it definitely is to me. Even if the games on each store vary in terms of how they play, the delivery and implementation of the store is indeed comparable.

Sorry Sheikah, I'm not a fan of Dyson by any means but I thought he had a valid point. A couple of years age on a game means nothing. Although seeing that you have a 360 does disprove the last comment.

Well, a lot of the reason why games seem so good is often due to nothing else being as good or fresh at the time. A few years after Halo 2's release on Xbox, no one could care less about it coming to PC. For the same reason, people don't really care about GTAIV anymore. While there are many timeless classics in gaming, there isn't one game I can think of that I didn't enjoy more at the time of playing (the greatest examples I have are OoT and Final Fantasy VIII) than years later.

But you were on about playing a game for the first time originally, and what you just posted was about replaying a game.

A game won't be as good te second time you play it (usually) of course, but it doesn't matter if you play Halo now or a couple years later. I kind of get what you say though, such as old graphics etc.

Edit: scrap that I just misinterpreted you.

Oh it'll be on more than just Johnathon Ross, eventually!

Press opinion is really positive. Seems to have caught some attention outside of the gaming side. Few games do this. Hopefully it does well. Part of em thinks alot of PS3 owners will just buy the new fps game out that week :heh:

Still no date, has any one contacted Sony or have a source at Media Molecule?!

My two cents = 360 is fine if you like small arcade style games, or rehashes of very old 'classics' which are generally poor, with the occasional good game. Xbox classics too, but a small selection.

PSN = great original content (flow, echochrome, PJ Eden), has both bite sized (SSHD) and FULL games like Burnout Paradise, Wipeout HD, Warhawk etc. PSone classics and full PSP games.

PSN = Great for original, Sony developed software.

XBLA = Great for quick bite sized games, re-makes, ports but still fantastic in its own unique way.

The fact is, XBLA and PSN aren't catering for the same market share. So stop comparing them... Oh and seeing as the PSN is an online store and the XBLM is built into the software, the PSN can constantly change and shift with its content. Until the NXE, the 360 cannot. Which has always been a problem.

You do have a point, I do think that if a third party has a quick arcade game they do tend to migrate to XBLA...Whereas if they perhaps want to try something different they know there is certainly the market there on PSN. As you say though at the moment a vast majority of those games are Sony developed, be it Studio London, Liverpool or Santa Monica.

Yep.

I noticed msuic creation is quite good. Media Molecule made a piano lol.

Dont think i will make my own music stuff. I have some ideas now regarding Mirror's Edge type levels.

I really hope this and Mirror's Edge give the platforming genre a revival.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!