N-Europe

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Daft

Ooohh.. I wonder what the cause of this is.

Supply issues? Sony waiting till after Gears? Going up against Banjo? Very interesting. But annoying... Considering its out in the US next week.

The real reason? Religion... *sigh* :indeed:

Taken from HOT's post in the Playstation thread...

Quote:

Gamereactor has given Little Big Planet the ultimate vote of confidence our highest grade, but as the release date is only days away we hear that the game will be delayed. While just an unconfirmed rumour at this point (from a source we tend to believe), it would appear that a song on the soundtrack includes lines that could be offensive to people with certain religious beliefs.

The same source claims the game will be delayed by three weeks worldwide, our Nordic distributor has confirmed the delay although they did not wish to elaborate on the reasons behind it. If this is true it is going to be a costly affair for Sony who have been banking on Little Big Planet to kick off their holiday sales with plenty of advertising to back the release.

One word... pointless. :heh:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would appear that a song on the soundtrack includes lines that could be offensive to people with certain religious beliefs.

What. The. Fuck.

They could just patch it out! Or did what OoT did, and re-release it again after release without the religious bull shit.

www.computerandvideogames.com

Oh Dear. LittleBigPlanet, the PlayStation 3's biggest game of the year, has been delayed by around three weeks.

High street retailer Zavvi has emailed LittleBigPlanet pre-order customers to alert them of a release slip to November 14.

Dear Mr **** ****

The release date of a product you have ordered has changed.

Product Little Big Planet in order ******** will now be released on Fri Nov 14 00:00:00 GMT 2008

Kind Regards, zavvi.co.uk customer services team

It's not yet clear why this last minute delay has been brought into effect.

We've contacted Sony for official comment on the story, which will come as a massively blow for fans of the game. You'll just have to make do with re-reading our gushing review here.

Update: Looks like Zavvi is back-tracking a little. This just in.

Hello from zavvi,

We are emailing because you recently placed an order for LittleBigPlanet. You may have received an email informing you that the release date had changed to 4th November, unfortunately this was sent in error following an incorrect date feed.

We can confirm that LittleBigPlanet is still scheduled for release on 24th October. We would like to offer our apologies for any confusion or frustration caused.

Still nothing from Sony. Stay tuned.

Panic over - I think lol

Looks that way.

DarkZero: As some of you may have noticed both Asda and Zavvi have recently changed their date for the Euro release of LittleBigPlanet, with the game now bearing a November 14 date instead of the October 24th date we've all being expecting.

Thankfully, it seems this is not the case at all, as Sony have confirmed to us that "the UK release date for LittleBigPlanet is confirmed as 24th October," so it seems both sites somehow got their dates mixed up.

Don't get too excited, CVG say Sony are about to release a statement...

Heres the reason, yo.

To: Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule

While playing your latest game, "LittleBigPlanet" in the first level of the third world in the game (titled "Swinging Safari", I have noticed something strange in the lyrics of the music track of the level. When I listened carefully, I was surprised to hear some very familiar Arabic words from the Quran. You can listen to part of the track here:

mt14.quickshareit.com/share/p...lip22503c0.wav

The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

I asked many of my friends online and offline and they heard the exact same thing that I heard easily when I played that part of the track. Certain Arabic hardcore gaming forums are already discussing this, so we decided to take action by emailing you before this spreads to mainstream attention.

We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online patch, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.

We would also like to mention that this isn't the first time something like this happened in videogames. Nintendo's 1998 hit "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" contained a musical track with islamic phrases, but it was removed in later shipments of the game after Nintendo was contacted by Muslim organizations. Last year, Capcom's "Zack & Wiki" and Activision's "Call of Duty 4" also contained objectionable material offensive to Muslims that was spotted before the release of the final games, and both companies thankfully removed the content.

We hope you act immediately to avoid any confusion and unnecessary controversy, and we thank you for making such an amazing game.

Regards,

yasser

This is why I hate religion...

This is why I hate religion...

UUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Fucking religion. I hate religion so much. Its such a joke.

People who believe in religion are idiots.

I know thats quite generalising....Im not excusing it, Im just aware of the generalisation I'm making.

FUCKER!!!!!!!!! Gah.

I hate the way special dispensation is handed out in the name of religion. If the title had a song that screamed "Jeebus is a bell-end" I would find it funny. Tbh whoever plays a piece of electronic entertainment and finds "offense" at it should be shot.

Ffs

I just do not see this as a reason for the delay especially as it can be easily patched at a later date.

Ironically the only people getting offended by this will be the non Muslims(and Muslims) annoyed at the delay. Lets see what happens.

Alot of parents wont like the language however if it is kept. The lyrics from the Quran or not are not exactly fitting for LBP's image(killing people).

To be fair the guy that posted did ask for a patch not a recall... Still the muslim haters jump in on any excuse.

LBP is going to have alot of user made content that will offend lots of people. Some people had problems with human body parts. Whats wrong with that? At the end of the day i dont think censorship is practical or useful.

It's so stupid when you think about it. People can choose to believe in something with no proof, ie. belief alone, and if enough people believe it then they can dictate what they don't want to see happen. They can then force their views so that people who don't even share those views are affected by their rants.

I think we should create a cult of those who don't like oxygen, and if enough of us join we can get oxygen BANNED. That'll teach it.

With this logic, Wii Music should be delayed...it has Jingle Bell Rock in it which references Christmas which non christians may find offensive

Nintendo just do not make the mistake Sony just made. Its not simply any song, it has big effects on the mainstream press especially given the current political situation.

Either way Sony would have looked bad if they shipped the song in question by a muslim saying non-muslims should die (which it can easily be interpreted that way by some). Shipping the game would mean bad publicity in the mainstream/tabloid press either way. Especially given how games are still seen as low brow.

Its a lose lose situation. I guess they thought in the long run a delay is the least damaging option for the reputation of Sony. Sadly us gamers lose the most here because of the delay and LBP may not even sell as well as it could have.

I ordered a copy off ebay :heh:

Media Molecule speak

As some of you may have noticed, LBP has been slightly delayed in some territories. At MM we were as shocked and dismayed by this as anyone - shellshocked and gutted. We can’t wait for you all to get playing and creating!

We learnt yesterday that there is a lyric in one of the licensed tracks which some people may find offensive, and which slipped through the usual screening processes. Obviously MM and Sony together took this very seriously. LBP should be enjoyable by all. So within 12 hours of hearing about this issue involving a lyric (in Somalian, I believe!), we prepared an automatic day 0 patch and had a new disk image ready; however a decision was made within Sony that the right thing to do for quality and support of people with no on-line was to replace existing disks. They assure us that they are doing everything in their power to get things straightened out as fast as possible, and will announce dates soon.

Apologies to everyone excited to play the game and I can assure you that when it arrives, it will be worth the wait! We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game, and this tweak should help - we’re just gutted it couldn’t be sooner. MM continues to work hard to support the game too. We know that LBP will be something that you can enjoy for a long time to come, when all of this is forgotten and all that remains are thousands of incredible levels and creations to play, create and share.

[EDIT Sony are going to announce new dates and information re discs for each territory soon. We’ll keep you posted! The patch is ready from our side and I imagine it will go live at the same time as the game. More info when we get it. ]

They had a day 0 patch ready but higher ups decided to change the disks...

What type of person has a ps3 and no internet? :o

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

XXXX

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for LittleBigPlanet has changed to Oct-2008. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery

Got this off game so looks like its slightly delayed...

What a cock up, especially seem as some people already have it... at least gives me longer to complete bioshock, but if its majorly delayed runs the risk of clashing with other games...

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

How could this happen?

LittleBigPlanet new US release is now with;

WoW: Lich King

Call of Duty: World at War

Mirror's Edge

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

What games coming out in UK on the new release date?