NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

First thing you're gonna do is remake something?

Wheres the creativity!

Wheres the creativity!

I think its quite a challenge though...my idea is to use sound switches so as the barrels move down the screen they help create the donkey kong theme and I reckon getting it all to work will be a challenge...

I think its quite a challenge though...my idea is to use sound switches so as the barrels move down the screen they help create the donkey kong theme and I reckon getting it all to work will be a challenge...
That'd be cool. Thought you meant a DKC level, with vines to swing on, rideable minecarts [like the skateboard in the demo] and such.

Wheres the creativity!

I used to draw 2D levels all of the time when I was a kid....my mother has a while book of them still! I used to run my finger along the page pretending it was the protagonist whilst jumping spikes/fire/pits and fighting snakes/worms (easy to draw!) and so on...I had traps/swings/slides/scaleable walls etc...

Pretty much cant wait to live my childhood dream with LBP. Think I'll ask my mom for my childhood book. (I even sat and made a whole and designed all of the characters.) Can't. Wait.

I used to draw 2D levels all of the time when I was a kid....my mother has a while book of them still! I used to run my finger along the page pretending it was the protagonist whilst jumping spikes/fire/pits and fighting snakes/worms (easy to draw!) and so on...I had traps/swings/slides/scaleable walls etc...

Pretty much cant wait to live my childhood dream with LBP. Think I'll ask my mom for my childhood book. (I even sat and made a whole and designed all of the characters.) Can't. Wait.

Same here. I remember me and my brother made a sonic the hedgehog board game. Also in the back of my funfax (remember them?!) I had sketchings for Ultimate Super Mario World which what I very unimaginatively penned the title as.

This game is starting to pique my interest. Online co-op right?

funfax

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REMEMBER! Think I had the spy one.

OMG! FUCK IT, THREAD TIME!

417GQ3V067L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This game is starting to pique my interest. Online co-op right?

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I REMEMBER! Think I had the spy one.

OMG! FUCK IT, THREAD TIME!

417GQ3V067L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I am deeply ashamed that I remember this :nono:

lol its nothing to be ashamed about, enjoy the nostailgic glory!

Anyway...1up Yours were talking more Little Big Planet in this weeks episode and just sounds amazing, keeps getting better and better in what you can do and what the title offers...I really cannot wait...

Heres a nice little article about LBP.

Sony is banking on the inauspiciously named star of its new video game, "LittleBigPlanet," to boost sales of its PlayStation 3 console this fall -- and the homemade-looking Sackboy just might pull it off. Not only has "LittleBigPlanet" garnered lots of positive reviews, it cuts a broad demographic swath beyond traditional gamers and is a "first-party" game that can be played only on PS3. First-party games are extremely important to console makers because there are only a few of them -- and the best ones drive hardware sales.

LittleBig star: Will Sackboy become the 'emblematic character for the PS3'?

"We want 'LittleBigPlanet' to lead the charge into a new genre of gaming and turn Sackboy into the next emblematic character for the PS3," Mark Valledor, product marketing manager for the game at Sony Computer Entertainment America, said in an e-mail interview. "We have coined 2008 'the year of the PS3' and are confident that with the launch of "LittleBigPlanet," we will continue to see the momentum build throughout the end of this year and on to the next. ... This is a very big title for us."

As such, Sackboy's getting a big marketing push -- and a little help from his friends. Sony is partnering with retailers to offer two presale-only, downloadable Sackboy characters from a couple of Sony's other popular first-party games: Kratos from "God of War" and Nariko from "Heavenly Sword." Each retailer will have only one of the characters, so consumers will get different voucher codes depending on where they preorder. The incentive to prepurchase is that neither of characters will appear in the final version of the game.

"Leveraging some of our hottest properties as preorder items will only help us increase visibility with the consumers early and gain credibility with retailers to help prolong the marketing push well into the holidays," Mr. Valledor said.

Sony also plans to create about 1,000 "LittleBig billboards" -- about the size of a small yard sign -- to stick in the ground in and around San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York. Unlike typical cardboard yard signs, however, the minibillboards will feature working lights and ladders and other high-end art and design. The idea came from the game's agency, Deutsch. While the size of the boards almost ensures that at least a few will be stolen, that's OK with Sony. A spokeswoman said some pilfered signs posted on eBay may even add to the hype.

Analysts seem to think Sackboy has a good shot at lifting PS3. According to NPD Group, through June, PS3 -- which got a later start than chief rival Xbox 360 -- had sold 4.9 million units vs. Xbox 360's 10.5 million and Wii's 10.9 million since their introductions.

"A compelling, family-friendly, puzzle-type game that also is quite innovative and gets a big marketing push is exactly the kind of game that can help take this platform to a new level," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier in an e-mail interview. "I do believe it will stimulate additional PS3 hardware purchases."

Michael Zenke, lead blogger on gaming site Massively, also said "LittleBigPlanet" will move consoles. "It's definitely the game the PS3 really needs. ... It's extremely easy-to-make content, so that's going to be accessible to casual gamers and even nongamers," Mr. Zenke said. "But they've also made it clear that the higher levels are pretty challenging and meant to put the skills of gamers to the test."

David Cole, an analyst with DFC Intelligence, said a key benefit of the game is that it helps diversify the PS3 lineup.

"PlayStation and PlayStation 2 were successful not because of any one title but because there was a lot of diversity with the platforms and a lot of products for everyone," he said. "We've said all along that the PS3 will start to come on strong in 2009. This is the beginning of it."

I like how Sony actually realise that bald space marines and sports cars wont sell PS3 to the world...

From Kotaku

While we told you about the awesome LittleBigPlanet pre-order goodies last week. we didn't tell you that you aren't getting all of them in one big chunk. Now, what you get with your pre-order depends on where you place your pre-order, as evidenced by the latest posting on the official LittleBigPlanet news site. Today two retailers - Amazon and GameStop - launch their pre-order programs, and both offer a different LBP goodie for you to choose from.

Folks who pre-order from GameStop get the exclusive Kratos in-game model, which is actually a costume in four parts - skin, goatee, blades, and clothing. Meanwhile, Amazon.com pre-orders come with the exclusive "LittleBigPlanet Creator" digital miniguide from Brady Games, possibly indicating that someone at Amazon lost a bet. So it looks like GameStop is on top so far, but they've still got the Nariko SackGirl pre-order location to reveal, and that could be a deal-breaker for me.

I hope we get the same kinda deal over here in Europe, no doubt GAME will be the place to preorder if you want Kratos and Nariko.

Nice boxart but I liked the simplicity of the US one a little more. Still, sackboy looks as incredible as ever :D

Looks awesome. I love it more and more with each video.

sixaxis and a button tap alters which part of the body you are controlling...

And then there are three levels of strength on top of that.

I like how Sony actually realise that bald space marines and sports cars wont sell PS3 to the world...

They do sell. Look at Resistance :heh: But yeah outside of that its pretty varied. I like how they focused on EyeToy and Singstar today.

It would seem like Play.com has the Nariko exclusive.

(Sorry if it's been said)

You reckon that will be eventually released on the PSN though? I hope so!