NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Well I think this game looks fucking incredible, I agree with Lillster that the Wii will prove to be the greatest console ever and Metal Gear Solid 4, although isn't exactly my type of game, I'm enjoying playing through it and can appreciate its artistic quality! :)

I'm still just going to recreate Super Mario Bros. with this game though...that's all I'm going to do! And then shelve it....and then actually play Super Mario Bros. whilst giggling to myself!

GTA IV is slowly falling down the charts and now theres a DS version coming out early next year. What does that tell you, it tells you big name developers and publishers are starting to see Nintendo platforms as viable sources of revenue, not just for 'throw shit and hope it sticks kind of titles'.

To be honest the DS is a completely different animal to the Wii. Rockstar developing for it is in no way an indication that they will support the Wii beyond trying to cash in with crappy ports like Rockstar Table Tennis (Which is a lot better on the 360 anyway).

Yeh just like the only games that sell on Xbox360 are mostly shooters and GTA IV. And the only games worth owning on PS3 are pretty much 1st party titles and the over-rated MGS4.

Yeah, personally I love finding faults with games but MGS4 was just stunning.... God look what you've done. I want to go play it again....

I know you're not saying MGS4 is bad, but thinking about it has made me want to play it damn you!!

I wasn't asking you to agree with me, just acknowledge that Wii is destined to become one of the greatest (not for all) gaming platforms ever released by Nintendo, weather you like it or not. :heh::smile:

The Wii is the gaming equivelant of Hello magazine. It'll get the idiot masses reading but it'll get them reading shit.

Wow Daft, isn't having opinions great? I tried as hard as I can to not reply.

Me too.

I stand by my Hello mag example, you just have to look at Nintendo's advertising to see that's what they're going for.

Any way this is MEGA off topic so everyone lets get back to LittleBIGPlanet.

If i'm being a biased bitch, then tell me.

If i'm being a biased bitch, then tell me.

Actually I thought Daft and Co. were being the biased ones.

My first point is completely legitimate.

My second was about MGS4.

My third was my opinion that you can easily disregard but which I expected most people would see the humor in. I don't see how on earth I was being biased. So thanks for that.

Me too.

I stand by my Hello mag example, you just have to look at Nintendo's advertising to see that's what they're going for.

Any way this is MEGA off topic so everyone lets get back to LittleBIGPlanet.

Yes but Nintendo isn't the only one developing Wii games, 3rd parties are there to fill in the gaps and by the looks of things that's exactly what their doing.

The Wii's biggest problem is that there is far too much shovelware and not enough games worth buying. Now I can't say for definate that this situation will change, but it's likely.

I don't know much Hello Magazine, but i'd say Wii has a lot more potential than Hello Magazine ever will.

And this maybe of topic, but at least theres some kind of discussion going on.

Ok sorry about that.

Yes but Nintendo isn't the only one developing Wii games, 3rd parties are there to fill in the gaps and by the looks of things that's exactly what their doing.

As a genuine question, just to make it clear to some people that I'm not just having a dig at the Wii, are 3rd parties really making AAA games in the same quantity Nintendo are? Could you list a few?

Again, I'm not having a go at the Wii, that is a genuine question.

My first point is completely legitimate.

My second was about MGS4.

My third was my opinion that you can easily disregard but which I expected most people would see the humor in. I don't see how on earth I was being biased. So thanks for that.

My comment about MGS4, PS3 and Xbox were put there to provoke a reaction to Choze's 'Wii is only good for non-gamers and casuals.' comment.

My comment about MGS4, PS3 and Xbox were put there to provoke a reaction to Choze's 'Wii is only good for non-gamers and casuals.' comment.

I know, that's why in white after my comment I said I knew you were joking.

As a genuine question, just to make it clear to some people that I'm not just having a dig at the Wii, are 3rd parties really making AAA games in the same quantity Nintendo are? Could you list a few?

Depends what you call AAA; but EA are producing some amazing results with their franchises. Guitar Hero World Tour has EVERYTHING the others do and MORE! Rock Band 2. CoD 5 LOOKS to be the same but who knows. Pro Evo Wii is the greatest football game ever.

Great 3rd party games already out.

Res Evil 4 (dont care its a port)

Okami (see above :) )

Zack and Wicki

Boom Blox

Umbrella Chronicles

3rd party games that HOLD hueg potential

Mad World

Conduit

De Blob

Sim City Creator

NHL 2k9

Skate It

Shaun White

I could go on about other games that will just be VERY good...but we've been here before and you'll just dismiss everything!

See! How can you be so negative against the Wii when you don't even follow news and game annoucments for the console?

Somebody else can give you a list. Not that it will make any difference to you. So my advice to anyone creating a list for this gentlemen, don't bother.

Edit: Oops to late!

People generalize too much, there's good and bad games for every console, it just happens the Wii is at the moment the console most inclined to have a higher percentage of bad games. But saying it is just for casual who don't know what's good, isn't true and is a cheap shot in any argument, I know because I used to do the same to both the PS and PS2. Can't we all just be happy for the games we like?

@ dazzybee

Jesus, you argued with me before the E3 conference and then everything I said was proved right.

I don't hate the Wii. In fact Resi 4 was one of my favorite games of last year.

Everything I've said I've backed up or should be obvious is a joke, although judging by most people's sense of humors I should explicitly point them out as such.

See! How can you be so negative against the Wii when you don't even follow news and game annoucments for the console

I know about most games I was just wondering if I've missed any and from the list I can say most don't interest me weather they were on 360, PS3 or Wii.

I have no idea why everyone think I've been so negative. I said one thing about appealing to the general public and you take it as an insult.

Jesus, you argued with me before the E3 conference and then everything I said was proved right.

Everything I've said I've backed up or should be obvious is a joke, although judging by most people's sense of humors I should explicitly point them out as such.

It isn't that obvious when its the only thing you joke about. If I constantly made jokes about black people, I'd be called a racist.

Okay I don't understand how everything you said was right! And your complete lack of knowledge on anything coming out on the way shows that you don't really know what you're talking about with regards to the wii; so your opinion, out of other peoples who say, own or are knowledgeable about all three consoles; is pretty...well....fanboyish!! If you don't know what games are coming out, and I'm guessing you haven't really played a lot of the games on the wii...why else would you slag it off so much?

Ok, times I have apparently slagged the Wii off.

E3 - I gave my opinion and a lot of it was justified.

Just now - I've already explained my post.

@ Shino

What are you on about? I slag off PSN way more than I do the Wii, I basically do it every week. I have a go all the time at having to pay for XBL. That is probably the stupidest thing I've heard you say.

Ok, times I have apparently slagged the Wii off.

E3 - I gave my opinion and a lot of it was justified.

Just now - I've already explained my post.

@ Shino

What are you on about? I slag off PSN way more than I do the Wii, I basically do it every week. I have a go all the time at having to pay for XBL. That is probably the stupidest thing I've heard you say.

As you can imagine I don't go to PSN or XBL threads much, you just happened to make a joke at Wii in a thread about a game that interest me (and in other threads, although in the Wii forum).

As you can imagine I don't go to PSN or XBL threads much, you just happened to make a joke at Wii in a thread about a game that interest me (and in other threads, although in the Wii forum).

So on that basis you still decided to judge that it's the "only thing you joke about"?

I've been on the Wii Forums I think twice this year and I know one was when I posted about Smash Bros where I didn't like it but I conceded that I might have in fact reached that decision hastily.

So on that basis you still decided to judge that it's the "only thing you joke about"?

I've been on the Wii Forums I think twice this year and I know one was when I posted about Smash Bros where I didn't like it but I conceded that I might have in fact reached that decision hastily.

Well, forgive me if I don't stalk you around the boards, but from my routine forum surfing, yeah, that's how you came across to me.

To be fair, I only replied to you because it was the last in a succession of unfair generalizations against the Wii.

Well, forgive me if I don't stalk you around the boards, but from my routine forum surfing, yeah, that's how you came across to me.

To be fair, I only replied to you because it was the last in a succession of unfair generalizations against the Wii.

Well I almost never talk about the Wii bar at E3 and once about Smash Bros when I was in no way critical so you must be making something up.

And I didn't make any generalisations in my post. I jokingly responded to Lillister who said the Wii "is destined to become one of the greatest (not for all) gaming platforms ever released by Nintendo, weather you like it or not." but I never made any generalisations.

Depends what you call AAA; but EA are producing some amazing results with their franchises. Guitar Hero World Tour has EVERYTHING the others do and MORE! Rock Band 2. CoD 5 LOOKS to be the same but who knows. Pro Evo Wii is the greatest football game ever.

Great 3rd party games already out.

Res Evil 4 (dont care its a port)

Okami (see above :) )

Zack and Wicki

Boom Blox

Umbrella Chronicles

3rd party games that HOLD hueg potential

Mad World

Conduit

De Blob

Sim City Creator

NHL 2k9

Skate It

Shaun White

I could go on about other games that will just be VERY good...but we've been here before and you'll just dismiss everything!

Sorry, but I would not call stuff like Umbrella Chronicles, Boom Blox, NHL, Sim City, Skate It, Shaun White AAA. Half of those are multiplatform, you wouldn't call them AAA on PS3 or 360, why would you on Wii? Also, tbh I would barely call stuff like the Conduit AAA, but that's a slightly less ridiculous statement compared to the rest so I'll leave it out.

AAA has been so diluted, it's supposed to represent the top tier of games. Those simply aren't on it.

Awaits being called biased against Wii / 360 fanboy / Sony fanboy / troll / miscellaneus ignorant insults.

I fear for you Gizmo, I hardly said anything and it was like I'd murdered their families.