NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Meh, its cool.

So, Little Big Planet, one of the main reasons I'm thinking of buying a PS3, now that its turning into a really good console, this just makes it the cherry on top of it.

I think that recent games (Spore, Osu! or even Smash) have proven to me that it can truly be driven by the community, and has cast away my fears of it having little support.

Edit: LOL, this was a reply for before Gizmo's post.

I kind of lost track. :heh:

What are we talking about again?

I'm not sure... i thought i was on the other consoles board but im seeing alot of wii discussion goin on here...

Any way this is MEGA off topic so everyone lets get back to LittleBIGPlanet.

Lets do this

Good post timing. Now lets forget that last page ever happened.

I wonder how they are going to do the beta invites. I hope it isn't random like I'm convinced Home was.

Overall i'm still underdecided on this game, it does sound really interesting but i dunno there is just something that is making me unsure wether i will like it or not.

LittleBigPlanet discussion, or infractions. The choice is yours. Decide now.

I've warned some of you before about this kind of behaviour, you won't get another warning.

Overall i'm still underdecided on this game, it does sound really interesting but i dunno there is just something that is making me unsure wether i will like it or not.

I have niggles like this too. For all the creative elements look fabulous, I still feel that a lot of the created elements thus far have looked a bit like showing off and nothing more.

There's obviously more to show so I've not entirely made my mind up about it. I'm also not 100% convinced that realistic physics based platformers are that fun/rewarding. But having not played too many of them, I'm well up for seeing if it is a good choice and evolves the genre though. Either way it has great potential in regards to user-created "set-pieces".

Yet just to refrain about physics, from the gameplay seen so far the physics either seem too floaty, slow or too clumsy for an intricate platformer. I'm eagerly awaiting the reviews and the community aspects to rear their head upon release and then I will pick it up. Nothing but good press has been released about this and yet it seems that no-one has mentioned anything bad about it - which always makes me suspicious lol. I really want it to be brilliant and everything points to that, it just seems that I too have some niggles about the title (which is understandable of any upcoming software hyped to the hills).

I'm sure it won't dissapoint though as Sackboy is a brilliant character design

: peace:

LittleBigPlanet discussion, or infractions. The choice is yours. Decide now.

I've warned some of you before about this kind of behaviour, you won't get another warning.

It was primarily my fault, sorry about that.

Okay, I know this has been posted but they REALLY are crap.

littlebigplanetsackboytoys.jpg

I mean, what the hell?!?!! It's head just looks all wrong. I hope they sell better ones... somewhere.

It was primarily my fault, sorry about that.

It takes two to argue.... or in this case about five. :p

Read LittleBigPlanet's Manual Right Now

lbp_manual.jpg

Media Molecule's LittleBigPlanet has driven us to do something we haven't done in years — read the manual. No, really read the manual, from cover to cover, not just glancing at the control scheme, hoping that we'd yank out some new nuggets of info on the PlayStation 3 DIY platformer.

While we haven't seen anything mind-blowing yet, the LBP manual gives us an early primer on the game's final button layout, some of the game-specific language and how the Good Grief! option will let us report offensive content. There's a lot packed in to the manual, so there may be something new to you within.

LittleBIGPlanet Manual (PDF)

T'is an excellent instructional booklet of joy. Such a cournicopia of colour! I liked it lots...and the little snippet which said you can attach items to other items using string, bolts or glue sounds excellent!

And the "Good grief!" name for the naughty levels sounds funny. Uber cute.

Want the Kratos Sackboy? Then here's how to get him.

While we found out recently how we'll get our hands on the Kratos Sackboy in LittleBigPlanet on this side of the pond, those in the UK have a more straightforward method to acquire him — one that thankfully doesn't require multiple pre-order nonsense. He'll be included in the next issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine in the UK via a unique code, ensuring that your Play.com pre-order is safe and sound.

Want the Kratos Sackboy? Then here's how to get him.

Just to back this up here is an image of it;

lbp_opm_43245235.jpg

Lol, OMG wow!!

fantastic video...I love the trailers that are coming out for this. Hopefully they we make equally as good short adverts for TV...

I really want to love this, since they're are obviously putting in so much effort. I really want to want this game but...I'm just not that excited. It looks like it's all about the presentation to me, and although I respect and admire everything about the presentation here, SMB3 would still be one of the greatest games ever even if it was done entirely in two colours. Out of all the genres the gaming world possesses, platforming is probably the genre where presentation is least important, and whereas presentation is a nice bonus, it is all about the gameplay. To me the platforming here looks loose, imprecise and (despite various graphical styles) lacking in variation.

Now yes I haven't played it yet so I may be completely wrong, but right now, i'm not too excited.

So if you pre-order from play.com you get the Nariko design and then buy the PS magazine and you get Kratos?

Much better than what the US has to do.

It's like Sony treat the EU with that little bit more respect and general likeness than the other two.

So if you pre-order from play.com you get the Nariko design and then buy the PS magazine and you get Kratos?

Much better than what the US has to do.

It's like Sony treat the EU with that little bit more respect and general likeness than the other two.

Yep. Fuck 10 characters.

I'm that bothered about Nariko so gonna stick with my GAME preorder, but love the Kratos one so will defo have to pick up offical ps mag...

I'm that bothered about Nariko so gonna stick with my GAME preorder, but love the Kratos one so will defo have to pick up offical ps mag...

I didn't have a pre-order anywhere so Play is as good as anywhere, especially because MGS4 came a day early.

I didn't have a pre-order anywhere so Play is as good as anywhere, especially because MGS4 came a day early.

You see I never get games early from play.com, always either the Saturday or the Monday after... but GAME have always delivered 1 if not 2 days before release...

You see I never get games early from play.com, always either the Saturday or the Monday after... but GAME have always delivered 1 if not 2 days before release...

Do you pay for delivery with game? I ordered their HDMI cable but I think I paid postage on it? Play.com is free.