Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2008

MadDog

I hope it's wet on race day. F1 becomes so much more exciting when there's rain about. Strategies become even more critical and it becomes a lot more about driver skill than how good your car is.
Unless you're Ferrari, who seem to have built a car so rediculously dependant on temperatures, that it's undrivable if conditions aren't within their small window of margin!

The 2007 Ferrari seemed to be able to cope far better, and it's something that needs to be put right for next year.

EDIT: Though hopefully '09 will be a hot season, as the '08 car is sublime in the heat!

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kovalainen to win tomorrow, cant see Vetel having race pace, only if it chucks it down again, then he will have a chance.

Probably yeah but tbh Kovalainen has been horrendously slow all season...

Massa looks like he's going to have a great race; aslong as it goes well for him he should be leading the title hunt :)

I think Kovalainen is like that guy in Kung Fu Hustle- One day he'll get beaten so bad it finally unlocks his full, divine potential, and then he'll be able to win every race just by running around the circuit shirtless.
I really like Heikki, but I just don't know if he has what it takes to be a World Champion. Just havn't seen that phenomenal drive from him yet or that ruthless determinism.

Missed the qualifying as I was helping my sister move into her Uni accomodation. Sounds like I missed a corker. I've always liked Vettel since he came into F1, and Toro Rosso are really having a great year.

The winner could be anyone; Kimi and Lewis so far back, Massa unstable in the wet, Heikki not on great form. And of course it's Monza. Can't wait.

Probably yeah but tbh Kovalainen has been horrendously slow all season...

Massa looks like he's going to have a great race; aslong as it goes well for him he should be leading the title hunt :)

It's actaully pretty ironic, because Heikki has consistently had the fastest car when it comes to speed, check the graphic tomorrow during the race, he's usually right at the top.

The reason Heiki looks slower than Lewis is because in every single qualifying session before today he has been fueled 3 laps longer than Lewis.

Yeah but his race pace isn't particularly good. Kimi fuels longer and when the car is set up right he's lightning quick (doesn't help on tracks like Hungaroring and Valencia though!).

Heikki doesn't have the kind of natural aggression that Lewis or Kimi has. It's not hard to see why McLaren are holding onto him - he's incredibly skilled, but they've got unlock that need to constantly attack and push every corner and every overtake. Silverstone was a prime example - he dawdled just a little too long behind Kimi's struggling Ferrari and ended up being leap-frogged by Heidfeld.

Well done Vettel; he would do great things at Ferrari imo. Shame we have Kimi for another season tbh haha.

Little bit disappointed in Massa today, he could have done better. I just can't believe we've left europe with Lewis leading the title race.

Nice to see Brundle comment on some of Lewis's decisions today (what he did to Glock and Webber). Strange he didn't get penalised really.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!