N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

I'm also weak. I planned to wait out with the rest of Europe, but temptation gnawed away at my mind like a hyperactive beaver.

You ain't spending £300 on a Wii and games though :p

Me buying a Wii isn't really down to Brawl, i could have resisted that. It's the combo of Brawl, Fire Emblem and No More Heroes all coming out at the same time :hmm: Add in to the mix Mario Galaxy and Ghost Squad and i was always gonna break!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds weird that your TV can't do it if it can do 60Hz, but as I've said, I'm not an expert on display shiz.

Anybody heard back from flameblade? I haven't seen anymore posts, I'm wondering if maybe he managed to get it to work and has been playing nonstop ever since :heh:

What it comes down to is that it can't handle NTSC 60hz. It can handle standard 60hz though. Import cube games working isn't any guarantee as they're translated into the PAL signal, for some reason the Wii freeloader doesn't translate the signal for Wii games at all. It's very hard to test if your TV can do true NTSC, which is the trap I fell into. My parents TV can so i've been using that for now.

It isn't wrong, I see you got it off the official instructions. I think in that case, it is referring in context to the second method, and by 'alternative selective upgrade method' actually means the first, main, method.

It is strange though I think... Also it is written in the alternative update part AND also the said UPGRADE method (if it wouldn't upgrade, I wouldn't call it upgrade method).

So it is kinda strange or it either does clarify before upgrading if it blocks the FreeLoader from working or not and if it would block the FreeLoader either not update or ensure that the FreeLoader would still work (though I don't know how they would do the second part and also not how the would clarify that the FreeLoader will work after the update or not).

This is getting me worried now, but I think I understand Jordan's point about PAL60 and actual NTSC(which I didn't before). Does anyone know if there's any way to test your TV for being definitely NTSC capable?

Also Tales, what kind of cable were you using?

EDIT:Just thought I'd mention, checked my ordered on 365games's status, which I placed on saturday morning. It says that as of 8.59 this morning it was 'being picked' but it doesn't say dispatched yet. Hopefully it'll change soon, either that or they just lied about their service.

Just thought I'd mention, checked my ordered on 365games's status, which I placed on saturday morning. It says that as of 8.59 this morning it was 'being picked' but it doesn't say dispatched yet. Hopefully it'll change soon, either that or they just lied about their service.

Mine was dispatched 5 hours later. (Like it takes that long to pick and dispatch) :indeed: . Anyway, I ordered it on Thursday night and Monday (today) it came 1st thing. Great packaging and a helpful "setup freeloader to play Brawl" helpsheet. I'll deffo use these guys again.

I guess they might not update that status that frequently. Like if it says "being picked" means that it will be sent out sometime today but they don't necessarily update the status afterwards (when it got sent, e.g. because they are busy or what so ever)...

Yeah, turns out that it's been 'despatched' now, though I swear that's spelt wrong. tapedeck's post makes me feel fairly confident that it'll be here by next monday, delayed only by the easter weekend post, which isn't their fault. I'm a bit worried about the issues people have been having though, and whether or not my big TVs will be able to play it. We've got 2, and I know one won't, and the other ones got some gammy screen burn issue like, the colour distorts after being on for a while(namely in certain points of the screen, when there's been whiteness there) :(. Most noticeable when pausing, cos of the 'button' options being white.

I guess at worst I'll have to play on a small TV, but I won't complain too much, cos I feel for all those people who can't play at all.

Seems my Smash game got shipped from VGP today. Anyone know how many days it normally takes to get here?

I forgot about the Easter weekend by the way, hope I get it before then but I doubt it.

Mine also got shipped, I don't hold hope for getting it before Good Friday though. :(

Mine also got shipped, I don't hold hope for getting it before Good Friday though. :(

Not even sure that is a holiday here, so maybe they still deliver mail then? =O

Though I doubt it. Still waiting for the freeloader anyway.

Freeloader received. Smash and No More Heroes disapatched; unbearable excitement for their delivery ensues.

Brilliantly me and my housemates are having a gaming weekend; hopefully they'll like Smash, they they may not :( We'll see!!!

Daz we are going to have to exchange Friend Codes when you get it. It will be nice kicking the shit out of each other rather than emptying MP40 shells into each other.: peace:

Mine still hasn't turned up >_< It was shipped 6am Thursday. If not including that it has been four business days, they say it should take no longer than five so if its not here tomorrow I will not be happy. I wanna Smash!