N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

Well your good, so you have a bloody good chance!

Do you win a character or anything for fighting a certain amount of online games? or doesn't it record anything about online?

I think it does record but I dont think you unlock anything by it. Wouldnt be fair on those without online would it

And I cant wait to get Brawl so I can own you all...WITH PIKACHU!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding the alternative mode:

Do I get this right and if I update using the alternative mode the FreeLoader will work for sure afterwards - meaning it either does some tricks during the update or doesn't update if it wouldn't work anymore?

Wonder if that wouldn't work for Internet updates then too?

However, one more thing: Regarding: If I would need an update for the FreeLoader and haven't bought it from CodeJunkies, would I still be able to get it replaced for free?

I am stating this again as most of those questions didn't get an answer (probably there is none yet. However, ...

Btw.: I have now ordered the FreeLoader plus US Smash Bros. Brawl too...

I am stating this again as most of those questions didn't get an answer (probably there is none yet. However, ...

Btw.: I have now ordered the FreeLoader plus US Smash Bros. Brawl too...

1) All we know is they ask for "proof of purchase". I don't think they're going to be concerned where you bought it from, as long as you bought it.

2) As far as I can decipher, the alternative method bypasses any updates that may be needed. So if you use it the updates are ignored and it skips straight to the game instead.

Freeloader = Bought

No More Heroes = Bought

Smash Bros. = Bought

This means I've spent about £1,000 in 2008 already and have Pro Evo, House of the dead, Wii Fit and Mario kart preordered - gulp!!!!!

This doesn't even cover the insane amounts of dvds and blurays Ive bought too!!!!

and the weird thing is that my girlfriend has been encouraging me!!! Encouraging!!! That's not a good way to curb my spending!

It's alright for the moment, don't worry about it. Get Brawl quickly and play it! I'm sure Nintendo won't even bother blocking it, as Mario Kart and Wii Fit are out before US (That will stop us from Importing it, so no sales lost there) and theres nothing HUGE out till Brawl after June! So i honestly can't see the point!

Get Brawl and enjoy it! You only live once!

Oh don't worry, I ordered it today and it's already processing. So hopefully next week I should be playing it. =D

Edit: seems my freeloader is ready to get shipped as well. ^_____^

Freeloader = Bought

No More Heroes = Bought

Smash Bros. = Bought

This means I've spent about £1,000 in 2008 already and have Pro Evo, House of the dead, Wii Fit and Mario kart preordered - gulp!!!!!

This doesn't even cover the insane amounts of dvds and blurays Ive bought too!!!!

and the weird thing is that my girlfriend has been encouraging me!!! Encouraging!!! That's not a good way to curb my spending!

She's trying to work you round so you spend it on her...

To be fair shes probably more excited about Smash than me, I'm more excited by No More Heroes to be honest :)

And I by her pressies all the time! Usually DS games :) Though she got me a factory sealed original Rob the robot for xmas :) Sealed until I opened it anyway........

To be fair shes probably more excited about Smash than me, I'm more excited by No More Heroes to be honest :)

And I by her pressies all the time! Usually DS games :) Though she got me a factory sealed original Rob the robot for xmas :) Sealed until I opened it anyway........

Wow...now thats a girlfriend

Yeah, however much she does my head in I couldn't find anyone more suitable and can accept my geeky side :) My geeky side is kind of hidden to the rest of the world (not intentionally) so it must have beena surprise :) Though she loves games as much as me!

Just wondering if anyone else has a slight issue when ejecting an NTSC game. There has been a couple of times already today when the Wii just doesn't want to return the disc and it takes multiple attempts to get the game eventually ejected.

Not a major concern , and all the positives the freeloader brings far outweigh the couple of issues it has.

I also noticed that I have clocked up a rather alarming 13.5 hours on the thing today (that really cannot be healthy) on a combination of MLB Power Pros (more awesome that I imagined) and Harvest Moon Magical Melody.

I still need to import NMH so thats only going to hit the social life even more.

Yeah, however much she does my head in I couldn't find anyone more suitable and can accept my geeky side :) My geeky side is kind of hidden to the rest of the world (not intentionally) so it must have beena surprise :) Though she loves games as much as me!

Show off :p

1. Can someone find me a brawlpaper that features marth and fox please?

2. There's a couple of great deals on gameseek.com such as cheap wiimotes and superstars tennis for 25 quid (although i wont be getting it)

3. Shouldnt there be a Wii General Discussion Thread to bring these kinds of things up?

Yeah I did the same Tellyn; I was saying no way, I'll wait for Smash, loads of games and mario Kart coming whatever.....it was actually No More Heroes that did it for me, I just didn't want to play a censored version of it, deciding that how could I NOT get Smash too :)

There is no locking whatsoever with Uk to US to JPN to EUROPE is there?

Im buying a Wii tomorrow. Just got to decide whether to buy Smash + Freeloader on the net, or pay the rip-off prices the indie shop in the town has (£48 for Brawl + £15 for the Freeloader).

Getting the console for £153 and i've then got about £130 of stuff to trade in. Getting Ghost Squad, Fire Emblem and a Wiimote + Nunchuck, then i've got another £45-ish to spend. I need 2 GC controllers, 1 LAN Adaptor, 1 Freeloader and Brawl. Or i might go for 2 or 3 games, depending on prices.

Im really tempted to get Brawl tomorrow and then buy a couple of GC controllers, but the price is a bloody rip-off! GAH! Hopefully i can talk the guy in to a deal...

All right, the whole freeloader/brawl/other game shipping status was one thing, but now spoilers about Brawl are starting to creep into this thread. I don't know anything about the character roster, and I wanted to keep it that way, and would like to try and keep it so as well. There's a brawl thread, ok? Please go and use that for discussion of anything not announced on The Dojo, or put it in spoiler tags, please. :(

I have a question regarding the alternative mode:

Do I get this right and if I update using the alternative mode the FreeLoader will work for sure afterwards - meaning it either does some tricks during the update or doesn't update if it wouldn't work anymore?

Wonder if that wouldn't work for Internet updates then too?

However, one more thing: Regarding: If I would need an update for the FreeLoader and haven't bought it from CodeJunkies, would I still be able to get it replaced for free?

The alternative method is simply to allow you to allow a disc to update your wii if it won't work otherwise(such as brawl). The normal method bypasses such an update, and even after using the alternate method once to let the disc install firmware, you must continue to use the normal method every time you wish to play the game from then on.

Will the Freeloader work for sure afterwards? Well, if you're updating with the update on the current release of Brawl discs, and from a Wii with firmware 3.2E, definitely yes. Another game? Another version of the disc? Internet updates? Not neccessarily. If Nintendo manage to figure out a way to block the Wiiloader, they may put it on future discs as some sort of required upgrade before the disc will work. They could also modify the disc and make it so newly produced copies of Brawl do the same. Internet updates are similar.

This is also in response to dazzybee btw, the freeloader is NOT entirely future/update/nintendo proof, it was a unofficial claim made by Datel that can't be guaranteed. However, the scenarios I present in this post are only scenarios, and may not necissarily occur, it's just worth keeping in mind what COULD happen when considering everything.

I so, so hope Brawl comes tomorrow. I'm doing absolutely nothing, and if it does arrive I can see myself taking a 2litre Sprite bottle and a pile of food in to my bedroom, shutting the door and curtains, and emerging 6 hours later Brawl-ed out. THAT is how you spend a Saturday! :yay: