Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hyde Park 4th-6th July N-E Meet and Mainland July 5th Meet in Holland

jayseven

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have to have a first time at some point! The M1's not that bad around Sheff, it gets worse further south (busier) and further north (windier!), around here you just crawl slowly down the left hand lane and onto your turnoff. Then you squeeze past Rotherham, you're on the parkway and you practically fall into Sheffield. A motorway is just a dual carriageway with an extra lane on the inside for idiots.

Am I somewhat disillusioned about the motorway appearing easier to drive on than round a generic city?

Faster = Scarier = Easier to die

My old instructor doesn't do Pass Plus so i'd have to find another one. I'll just get my dad to come with me first time as a sort of trial run.

Am I somewhat disillusioned about the motorway appearing easier to drive on than round a generic city?

The thing is, when you're learning to drive they're not allowed to take you on the motorway. Which gives you this terrifying image of something they're too scared to take you on in case you kill yourself and them and everyone behind you.

Pfft motorways are nothing more than what J7 said! Its just an extra lane for the speedy people to overtake the slower people.

I've been on motorway quite a few times and the only problem with a motorway is the annoying traffic that I nearly always encounter!

I should really do my pass plus at some point as well =]

You gotta be kidding me! I've never really payed attention to this thread 'cause I knew I wouldn't be able to go because ... well, too busy, too lazy, call it what you want. Now, for some unexplained reason, I finally check the thread, only to find out the meeting took place while I was in London! Jesus!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!