N-Europe

The GC Graphics Appreciation Thread

Stocka

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I have to say I found Ikaruga's graphical style most awesome

Can I post a (bigger/better) pic of Ikaruga? I'm glad someone else appreciates the graphics on this...the screenshots don't do it much justice, though. It needs to be seen in motion.

ickyruga_031003_gcn_03.jpg

I'll also have to add one from Pikmin 2:

8a063298-2d25-4027-9cf7-8e3b5e9438ba.jpg

Sadly I can't find a screenshot that shows this (or the last) level in all it's glory :[

Eternal Darkness gets my vote. Solid graphics throughout, but some amazing artwork and design makes some of the areas just truely stunning...not posting my fave screenies as I don't want to give away one of the biggest revelations:

The city underneath the mansion is stunning throughout, especially when you are up on those towers in the final fight!!!

002.jpg

In those certain cases the "best" graphic also equals in superb gameplay. Or did I miss a screenshot of a boring game with excellent graphics?

I just hope that Nintendo continues like that - visually stunning games which don't let you stop playing!

Starfox Adventures was crud...but it sure looked pretty :D

metroid_screen012.jpg

Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime. Omfg.

But then when you actually played that part of the game, if was like heroin. The music, the feeling lost feeling. Everything about Phendrana drifts was sooo good, and Metroid Prime in general.

I also have to say

starfox_screen019.jpg

This part of the game, but also, the start of Starfox Adventures. Omfg.

EDIT:

Starfox Adventures was crud...but it sure looked pretty

I'll just have you know Starfox Adventures is in my top 5 Gamecube games. I loved it, even though it was linear etc etc.. It was still amazing to play.

Thanks for the contributions everyone, keep them coming! :smile:

I agree with gaggle64 about Super Mario Sunshine being beautiful. Here is one of my favourite parts visually, its jaw dropping:

mariosunshine_062102_1.jpg

Argh that game is so delicious for my eyes, look at it!

mariosunshine_072202_25.jpg

Tales of Symphonia was not only the first proper RPG I played through, but remains rose-tinted to hell and one of my favourite games of this generation, possibly ever. The graphic style was perfectly suited to the game, and the battle system just futher improves on an already excellent foundation to build quite the dainty little house.

tofsgc760.jpg

Somewhat blurred, but the level of detail was great everywhere. Everything about this game was just pretty.

Super Mario Sunshine always comes to my mind when I think of Gamecube graphics.

The rich and vibrant colours are simply wonderful, as are the various effects - such as the reflections and the heat haze. But it's the water, particularly when you're out at sea, that impresses me the most. It's difficult to fully appreciate in a static screenshot...

mariosun003.jpg

...but the way it moves, and the way the light shimmers as it undulates, it just looks so... inviting, like the clean and clear waters surrounding a typical tropical location in the real world. Beautiful! :smile:

Baten Kaitos. Okay, the story was pretty bad, and the characters and voices were terrible, but you can't fault the battle system. Needless to say, it's one of the prettiest games ever. The pre-rendered backgrounds are teeming with detail and animation - the game world truly comes alive.

Beautiful.

bk.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!