NEurope
Kirkatronics

Does size matter?

my question is how tall are you?

do you think your parents heights effect yours ginetically?

or do you think its the environment?

or a mixture of the 2?

Im 6"3, and im taller than both parents.

personally, i believe that both ginetics and environment effect our growth.

environment also takes into consideration waht you eat.

my question is how tall are you?

do you think your parents heights effect yours ginetically?

or do you think its the environment?

or a mixture of the 2?

Im 6"3, and im taller than both parents.

personally, i believe that both ginetics and environment effect our growth.

environment also takes into consideration waht you eat.

Firstly; it's genetics[/i] :P

Secondly: I'm 5'10/11... I'm 21 but thanks to a lot of sleeping and lying down, I grew a bit last year :P

I think I'm completely average in height. I'm taller than both of my parents -- just, for my dad. Only problems I've ever had with my height is... er... well not being mega-tall at gigs, I suppose. I walk with a little slouch most of the time, mind.

Depends, i always thought that it is genetics that judge your height but the environment may have an effect on it as well.

I am 6.1 and beat both parents at height. I beat my mother by 1 1/4 ft and my Dad by 3 inches. It may have been what i eat and drink as to why i am taller. If it was down to genetics only, then i should have been 5.10. So it could be both that affect height.

I'm 5'9", taller than my mum, pretty much the same height as my dad.

Though I walk with a massive slouch, so I look like i'm 5'7"'ish.

When I stand up straight people are amazed by the fact i'm a whole 2 inches taller then usual !_!

I'm 5'7"ish and taller than my mum.

I am also the shortest in my main group of friends, my neighbourhood friend is 3 years younger than me and is allready 6'2" and the girl who I went on a date with last week was also taller than me....meh.

I think I'm about 6 foot. 6 foot 1.

My mum's 5'6 and my dads 5'10. I was meant to be 5'10, the parents did some funky thing when I was a kid with my weight and such which guessed how tall I was gonna be. Do not ask me how.

My brother is taller than me he's about 6'2 ish.

All in all it all comes down to feet sizes. I have the biggest feet size in my house. I don't know how though. Size 13. I've always thought it because of my weight. I have a bigger surface area thus reducing the pressure on one spot of my foot.

I'm 6ft 2 and believe it is partly a matter of genetics, I am taller than both parents. I like being as tall as I am, I can imagine it must be pretty bad to be small sometimes =/

yes

i have short legs so EVERY pair of trousers i wear trail under my feet... its annoying :(

wish my legs were a teeny bit longer

laying down alot, especialy with your legs restrained whilst you slightly upside down, will make you taller

I think I'm about 6 foot. 6 foot 1.

My mum's 5'6 and my dads 5'10. I was meant to be 5'10, the parents did some funky thing when I was a kid with my weight and such which guessed how tall I was gonna be. Do not ask me how.

My brother is taller than me he's about 6'2 ish.

All in all it all comes down to feet sizes. I have the biggest feet size in my house. I don't know how though. Size 13. I've always thought it because of my weight. I have a bigger surface area thus reducing the pressure on one spot of my foot.

i have size 13 feet

From what i've noticed the fathers height seems to be a big factor in the childs height.

I know quite a few people who have short mothers but tall fathers and they end up being tall also....therefore i blame my dad for me being vertically challenged

I'm 6ft 2 and believe it is partly a matter of genetics, I am taller than both parents. I like being as tall as I am, I can imagine it must be pretty bad to be small sometimes =/

but it can be bad to be tall sometimes..

especially when things are in lower cupboards and you have to constantly be bent down.

I'm 6ft 2

So was I, when I was 12.

i have size 13 feet

So did I, when I was 12.

I'm 5' 7" but I make up for it by being greater in standing than my stature suggests. Plus I am stupidly large across the shoulder area, I swear I look like a rectangle.

My ex girlfriend was 6' 1" and it never bothered her or me. In fact it actually turned me on a little. Last girlfriend was about 5' 10" too. But chances of finding a woman taller than me in China are remote, plus the ones I have met are neither interesting to talk to or attractive to look at.

I bet out of all the people here who have stopped growing that I am the shortest, probably the shortest, even more so than the girls. Being all of 5'4". Anyone who has met me will tell you that it doesn't bother in the slightest, apart from when people try and intimidate me by towering over me.

The question about genetics and environment is simple. It's both, this has been proven over and over again by scientists. There are mutliple genes and many external factors that contribute to this so the pattern is often quite strange. But in our life time we we have better health and nutrition than our parents did so on average our generation should be taller. Which it does seem to be.

I'm about 5' 9" and have been since I was 13. My mum is 5' 2" and my dad is 5' 8" I'm shorter than all my male friends, pretty much all my friends from uni are 6' or taller. Can't say it bothers me though, I would hate to have short man syndrome.

I'm a size 5 in shoes uk, and 6ft. My dad is 6"4 and my mother was about 5"11, my step-mother is incredibly tiny at 5"2, but considering she's not my actual mother everyone gets confused xD.

I have always been quite tall, so it's never been much of a shock, considering it wasn't one day I was normal height then I shot up.

As far as where my height came from it was evidently both my parents but most likely dominately my father.

I would quite like to see what it's like to be 5"4 as I mentioned in the singles thread to see why guys like small girls so much.

Having 34" legs has it's pluses sometimes, but I want to wear heels *sob* not really, but you know the thoughts there.

I'm a size 5 in shoes uk, and 6ft. My dad is 6"4 and my mother was about 5"11, my step-mother is incredibly tiny at 5"2, but considering she's not my actual mother everyone gets confused xD.

I have always been quite tall, so it's never been much of a shock, considering it wasn't one day I was normal height then I shot up.

As far as where my height came from it was evidently both my parents but most likely dominately my father.

I would quite like to see what it's like to be 5"4 as I mentioned in the singles thread to see why guys like small girls so much.

Having 34" legs has it's pluses sometimes, but I want to wear heels *sob* not really, but you know the thoughts there.

im assuming that guys liking shorter girls is a dominance thing.

That tall and still only size 5 feet? My mum and sister aren't much taller than 5 foot 5 and must hvae the same foot size. My legs are 34" long too and my feet are size 10 most of the time...

You know that thing where your feet are the same length as your arm beween the wrist and elbow? And if you hold out your arms horizontally the span from tip of the finger one side to the other is the same as your height? Does that mean your upper arms are longer than usual, or your hands are, or your shoulders are? I dunno :P

Yes size 5, I've been through it hundreds of times before. You can even check my shoes if you wish, size 6 uk females is too big. Its why walking I can't walk in a straight line, it's not completely obvious but if you're paying attention you notice.

My feet are slowly growing though, thankfully!

warand it might be, that makes alot more sense, but it doesn't really help me, I like guys at the same height, thats always nice =].

I'm 5 foot 11.

I have fucking tiny hands, seriously but its great for gaming and computer issues.

But on the flip side i have stupidly large size 11 feet. I used to walk with a slouch when i was a fat bastard (i'm much less of one now thankfully) and i walk fairly straight.

Isn't that you get your height from your father and the weight from your mother? Because i think thats fairly bs, i get both from my fathers side.

My mum's 5'3", my dad's 5'9", and I'm 6'1".

It has sod all to do with genes as far as I'm concerned.

I'm 5 foot 11.

I have fucking tiny hands, seriously but its great for gaming and computer issues.

But on the flip side i have stupidly large size 11 feet. I used to walk with a slouch when i was a fat bastard (i'm much less of one now thankfully) and i walk fairly straight.

Isn't that you get your height from your father and the weight from your mother? Because i think thats fairly bs, i get both from my fathers side.

I remember hearing baldness comes from your mother. Not sure if thats proven though.

And your last point is same as me. My dad is tallish and large. So am I.

The mothers just small.