NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Factor 5 Are Back!

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11497

Some "details" on the game, taken from the IGN interview. Exciting stuff.

(...)is it for third-party publishers, is it for a Nintendo first-party, what title is it? I won't give you a clue"

"it does everything that the PS3 did and then some"

"it does everything that the PS3 did and then

factor 5 speak bull crap. the only redeeming feature is that it is first party and so there will be quality control

I'd hold your tongue blender. They may have fucked up lair but F5 know how to get the best out of a Nintendo console. If they say they can get PS3 quality then they can probably do it.

Oh and cheers for the summary Hellfire. The Chinese don't let me see ign.

factor 5 speak bull crap. the only redeeming feature is that it is first party and so there will be quality control

You assume they mean graphically when they likely mean from a control stand point. Think how badly some of the motion controls were implemented in Lair...and think how much more fluent it could be on Wii with the pointer and nunchuk combo.

Q -- How far along in development are they?

A -- We are pretty much at a state where we are almost done with the engine. We've also worked on content quite a bit. Biggest milestone is the engine, does everything (pretty much) the PS3 does and then some. So we're happy with that.

-Matt and Bozon talk about the PS3 comments. They think what he means about the PS3 comments he was referring to the controls of Lair. Glad the engine is done.

Q -- Did they give up on the idea of a flying game? (After the canceled Pilot Wings project back in the day)

A -- Would never give up on the idea of a flying game, well maybe not an entirely flying game. ....(history of Factor 5 relation with nintendo late GC Era)... There were never any hard feelings about Factor 5 going to work on other consoles, since Nintendo was quiet about Wii, Factor 5 had to dive into the other consoles to keep the studio running so they didn't have to fire people.

Q -- Something to generate hype, a hint?

A -- Atleast what we're working on will blow them away with the technical achievement. We hope that we can blow them away by the innovation in controls, accessibility, new experiences. As for what property, is it a Nintendo property, Third party property, internal property he won't comment.

Q -- Casual or Hardcore?

A -- As Casual as possible. Not the attempt to suddenly capture the attention and heart of the hardcore market. Unsure how many games they will make for Wii. There are publishers talking about doing things for the hardcore market on the platform, our engine would be perfect for that, but he says they will wait to see how some of those hardcore games sell.

I think from this comment it's safe to say it's not going to be Kid Icarus, Star Fox or Pilotwings, as any of those games coming from Factor 5 would REALLY capture the heart of the Nintendo hardcore!

I think they realise people are expecting a Starfox/Pilotwings from them, and whilst this project [probably] won't be it; in their last comment they say that their engine would be very suitable for future games that target the hardcore [starfox/Pilotwings]. And it's definately a possibility for the future.

You assume they mean graphically when they likely mean from a control stand point. Think how badly some of the motion controls were implemented in Lair...and think how much more fluent it could be on Wii with the pointer and nunchuk combo.

Lair is coming to the Wii very soon, mark my words!

I dunno why everyone hates Factor 5 so much just because of Lair, most of the games they released on the Gamecube were pretty decent gameplay wise( And the graphics were always spectacular :) )

What I would love for them to do though is license their engine out to other developers, that would partly solve the complaint about crap Wii graphics :heh:

I dunno why everyone hates Factor 5 so much just because of Lair, most of the games they released on the Gamecube were pretty decent gameplay wise( And the graphics were always spectacular :) )

What I would love for them to do though is license their engine out to other developers, that would partly solve the complaint about crap Wii graphics :heh:

I'm enjoying Lair alot actually, it's not amazing, but it's no-where near as bad as everyone states.

Q -- Casual or Hardcore?

A -- As Casual as possible. Not the attempt to suddenly capture the attention and heart of the hardcore market.

Looks like Pilotwings is the likely "1st party franchise" game (If it is a 1st party game they're working on).

Definitely a NIntendo franchise then, but one not for the hardcore? Yeah I'd say Pilotwings but I seriously don't think it will be.....can't think! Ice Climbers remake?!?! :)

I think this is fab news, hopefully they will bring out the casual but classic franchise, then make another Rogue Squadron and then blow us away with the best goddamn Pilotinwgs you could imagine!!!!!

Definitely a NIntendo franchise then, but one not for the hardcore?
Says who? They didn't!
Q -- Something to generate hype, a hint?

A -- Atleast what we're working on will blow them away with the technical achievement. We hope that we can blow them away by the innovation in controls, accessibility, new experiences. As for what property, is it a Nintendo property, Third party property, internal property he won't comment.

The whole IGN article can be found here.

Sounds to me like they are being pretty aggressive with this- pushing the graphics into the realms of being the best on the console as well as working on some unique controls? I'll take that.

Now we just need some screens and actual info on this game!