N-Europe

Featured on Youtube

Mokong

Ok I put up a video on my Youtube channel on Jan 8th on the evening of the 9th it only had 200 views, when I finished work on the 10th it had almost 6000, as I type this it had broken the 20,000 mark in just 3 days.

Took me a while to figure out what was going on, then as I went through the new comments left on the vid I realized the vid had been featured on the front page of Youtube Ireland.... i didn't spot it myself as i usually have my settings set to the Global site.

Check it out here's the link to YT Ireland

http://ie.youtube.com/

Look down at the featured list and you'll spot my handsome (or ugly depending on your tastes) mug :D

It's now my 3rd most viewed vid...might be 1st by the end of the weekend if this keeps up... my current most viewed is my 1st Irish Speaking vid which is at like 56,000 and took over a year to get too.

What's really weird is that from the comments i've spotted a few people who are from the city where i work.... and one guy who knows where i work.

And of course it's attracted a few haters and trolls but I can handle them

That's awesome.

When you go all the way, and become famous. Please remember me as your first subscriber. :wink:

Remember! *shakes fist*

I always remember you were my first........subscriber :)

Here have a cookie

*hands The Villan a cookie"

I really like the sound of Irish, is it commonly spoken among the the population? Does the government has any place to replace English?

No not commonly spoken among the general population....

My cousin once told me a story he heard two girls speaking Irish to each other on a train in Dublin, the guy in the seat behind them (who was Irish also) muttered, "bloody foreigners"

true story

There are a few communities called "Gaelteacht" where everyone would speak Irish over English, but these are in decline in recent years.

The main problem is that it's not taught very well in schools which puts a lot of people off it. They try to teach it as if it were a 1st language, which obviously it isn't, if they treated it like a 2nd language and taught it like how foreign languages are taught it might stand a better chance.

I was lucky in that i went to an all Irish speaking school for primary, so from age 4, and at that age the brain still absorbs language much faster which helped me out a lot

Mokong exFREEEM?!

.. Usual ***** posting on your comments... always amazes me, though. Watched another of your vids - the "tagged" one and I share that compulsion to watch an entire boxset in one sitting. Very unhealthy but damn it's fun! I totally beat you though; I tend not to funish until three in the afternoon, having watched 18 hours straight. Booya.

You seem like a right happy chappy in your videos. If I ever come ot ireland (got a grandpappy over there someplace) I'm afraid I may just have to hunt you down and demand alcoholic sanctuary.

One of the words sounds very similar to fucker. Made me chuckle. Cool video.

That would be "focal" which means "word"... years ago there was a comedy song that said it alot the chorus went something like "aon focal, dhá focal, trúr focal elle" (which means "one word, 2 words, 3 more words)

Needless to say even some Irish didn't get it and wondered why the radio allowed so much swearing :heh:

Not just the Irish site now!

Woo! We have ourselves a real internet celebrity here!

So that explains the sudden influx for Americans who think i'm Mexican :heh:

How is having more Youtubetard comments a good thing? :heh:

The more comments, the more sarcy insulting bastards you get :indeed:

Still, congrats on the recognition.

I don't mind the trolls and haters that much, it's funny when they think their being smart and you can throw it back at them and make them look a tool :indeed:

You seem like a right happy chappy in your videos. If I ever come ot ireland (got a grandpappy over there someplace) I'm afraid I may just have to hunt you down and demand alcoholic sanctuary.

I look forward to it J7 : peace: though i'm more of a whiskey drinker than a beer drinker