NEurope
Coolness Bears

Have you ever fainted? or come close to fainting? or seen someone else faint?

I have never actually fainted but have come close 3 times i could feel my concious slipping!!!

First Time

I was in Rome and i had just entered the Sisten Chapel, it was a long work through narrow corridors with heavily painted walls with thick dark colours and it was too much for me!

I got really claustraphobic and had to get out of there and went really dizzyand felt myself going... dad picked me up and rushed me out of the chapel and took me bag to the hotel! :)

Second Time

The second time i was in Spain queuing up for 4 hours in the heat of the sun and that again was too much for me and i collapsed to the floor and then was taken to the bathroom and sat there for a while then lay on a bench for a bit more... :) after that i recovered again although still a it shakey. :D

Third Time

This time it was at school and we were having a talk on testicular cancer and it just wasn't for me! too much detail and i felt myself starting to shake and sweat and feel lightheaded so i just ran out in the middle of it and lay down outside! Then wobbled to the medical centre where i had some Toast and a cup of Tea :grin:

I have also seen someone else faint and that shocked and completely stunned me and made me motionless for ages!

Some one had to pour a whole bottle of water on me before i could move again it was a scary expierience!

so Have you ever fainted? or come close to fainting? or seen someone else faint?

I remember nearly fainting when I had a blood test after fasting, I think it was from a lack of blood sugar. ...that's all I can think of, though I occasionally get that thing where you feel dizzy standing up after sitting down for a long time.

I fainted one morning when I woke up and my arm was bleeding. It was a few weeks after I'd had my TB jab and the site of the injection was fairly infected. I imagine that being dead is a lot like fainting, entirely losing conciousness is a strange animal.

I fainted once when I was singing with my elementary school choir at the airport. I quit after that.

I came close on holiday once due to dehydration. I sat down in the middle of a supermarket and I'm thankful that I didn't destroy the wine shelf by falling over.

I also saw someone have a seizure in Rhodes last August (2007). It was scary, I thought someone was choking first off but the guy had just gone limp. Luckily the German man on the table next to him was a doctor, and the restaurant staff all knew what to do. It was handled really well.

A few years ago at school, some girl fainted in class. She was alright, but was a bit ill, that's all. ::shrug:

But I've never fainted, nah.

no, yes, no

i have vertigo (quote u2 and i may have to kill u).. and i get dizzy when im stressed/warm so i come close to fainting an awful lot

its scary and i dont like it :(

I've fainted once because I stood up too quickly, and I already had the flu.

I was knocked unconcious aswell too.

EDIT: I guess the best way to describe fainting is sort of like headrush, but it becomes so extreme things go black and you're just gone for a moment. Anyone agree?

Saw a girl in science faint once. We was watching a film about the human body, and a girl fell off her bike and her bone came out of her body. We thought it was good, but she just went all lightheaded and fell off her seat.

The seat however, was one of those tall stools that you get in typical secondary school science rooms so she fell awkwardly and smashed her head on the corner of a table.

It looked painful, but she didn't remember any of it, and didn't feel the pain after because she was out for a little bit and I guess the pain had gone away by then. She has fainted a few times and it was scary.

Seen loads of people faint on parade. Its not easy standing still for 2 hours in a blue suit with a silly hat.

its best when there in the front row of the squad. So theres nothing in the way and nothing to break there fall. Black eyes and bloodys noses a plenty lol.

Then some drill instructor shouting because you got blood on there parade ground.

Nearly did once in uni. I had a viral infection, hadn't eaten or drank in nearly a day and was standing in a hot room. Its a pretty horrible feeling, especially when your heart kicks in to keep you conscious!

EDIT: I guess the best way to describe fainting is sort of like headrush, but it becomes so extreme things go black and you're just gone for a moment. Anyone agree?

thats a horrible horrible feeling....

.. i hate feelingl ike that - its like the worlds spinning and u feel a bit sick and ugh.. luckily i dont think ive actually fainted but came close to it on numerous of occassions

Yea, that was exactly what it was like.

Girl fainted in Chemistry once. The teacher brought some substance (can't even remember what it was) and there was some gas coming out over the top of it like liquid nitrogen does. The teacher says "Careful you don't inhale too much of this, it can be poisonous in high dosages" and the girl standing next to me just fell to the floor and smacked her head against a table.

I may well be a horrible person, but after the initial shock went past I found it hilarious.

Girl fainted in Chemistry once. The teacher brought some substance (can't even remember what it was) and there was some gas coming out over the top of it like liquid nitrogen does. The teacher says "Careful you don't inhale too much of this, it can be poisonous in high dosages" and the girl standing next to me just fell to the floor and smacked her head against a table.

I may well be a horrible person, but after the initial shock went past I found it hilarious.

I would find it hilarious as it happened i must be really horrible

I think i fainted once, got up too quickly, knocked my leg off the side of my bed ended up on my knees, with my hands on the scalding hot heater.

What's the most bizarre is that I was half conscious through the whole thing. I could feel my hands burning, and the absolutely ludicrous pain shooting through my leg (ended up with a bruise down the entire length of my leg). Couldn't see anything, just blackness, and horribly strange feelings, almost like a dream.

I have no idea what the feck it was :/

I think I've fainted.. And it wasn't too long ago. I was taking a blood test to check if I had some illness (had been having a real bad coughing problem lately) and while waiting for the test results, I decided to stand up from the chair I was sitting in, and 2 seconds after standing up my head felt dizzy, my sight started fading and I knew I was gonna faint, and for some reason I decided trying to fall back on the chair was a good Idea, but the soft/bendable person I was I just ended up falling down to the floor in a strange position =P

I lost the control of my body, I couldn't see or say anything. All I could do was hear. But it ended quite quickly. Then I had to lay down on the ground with my feet being held up in the air by resting them on the chair.

I was also pretty close to fainting today after standing up a bit quickly.

I have seen my friend faint outside of French class before, we were waiting to go in and she was really upset for some reason, and she was lent against a wall.

Then all of a sudden her eyeballs went up then her eyes close and she slid down the wall and just was there on the floor.

It was horrible to see.

When I saw someone faint in front of me I saw the eyes roll back and it was horrible... :shakehead

you can just see the whites of their eyes it was truely terrifying! I was about 8 or 9 at the time as well!

Others that aren't close to me fainting but i felt Extremely dizzy was when i tried to get to the high notes on the Trumpet and Flute! i blew really hard and no sound came out and i felt really light headed and had to lie down for a few minutes! :D

I gave up both instruments because of this! :)

Never fainted. Real men don't faint. I have come close though so I'm not a real man.

It was abroad somewhere and it was a bit hot (45 degrees) and my vision went blurry, like I was looking through translucent glass. So I stumbled somewhere and sat down and it passed. Went back to do whatever I was doing, archery I think, and it happened again so I gave up.

Weaksauce.

I should have just took it and fainted, if only to see what it was like. Would like to experience a slip of consciousness.

I have fainted before, t´was not nice...

My brother was showing me some leet fainting trick and suffice to say, it worked!

He said when he let go of me i fell on the floor not breathing was like that for 30-40 seconds. I came close to severe brain damage and death that day... fun.

Strange part is that while i was unconscious i had a dream and i remember it very vividly. I was underwater and some kept pushing me down when i try to get up and kept spinning me in circles

Back in 2006, after I had my first (and only) motor scooter accident, which consisted of falling of it at around 30km/ph on a dirt track (I was taking a birthday gift to a mate's house), I had loads of shit in my knee, and it had to be removed in the local medical centre. Well, the following morning, when I got up, I feel down instantly, feeling extremely hot, shakey, dizzy, etc, and nearly passed out (fortunatly, my mum came to the rescue with a class of lemon and lime juice, which, strangely enough, stopped it). When I returned to the medical centre, it turned out that was caused by a large pepple enbedded deeps inside my knee cap, which really f***ing hurt when it was removed.