N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Skins

Effy's ep, definitely the weirdest one so far. More questions present and less answers provided. I don't feel like there is as much continuity as last series, they all seem to forget their problems mainly within an episode. Katie heard the other sister is a lesbian and saw them kissing on a bouncy castle, I thought she wouldn't have invited the blonde girl along. Meh its skins so I like it.

5/10

I thought that episode was okay, but not as good as any of the others I'd seen.

Edit: The highlight of the episode was definitely "I bought a fucking gateau!". :laughing:

Edited by Roostophe

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skins

Effy's ep, definitely the weirdest one so far. More questions present and less answers provided. I don't feel like there is as much continuity as last series, they all seem to forget their problems mainly within an episode. Katie heard the other sister is a lesbian and saw them kissing on a bouncy castle, I thought she wouldn't have invited the blonde girl along. Meh its skins so I like it.

5/10

I think she might have gotten used to the idea. I mean, look at her reaction when Naomi and Katie were outside the club when Naomi said to her if she was going to make a bitchy remark. She just said "Give me time" or something along the lines of that.

And I thought this episode was quite good, even though it made me so angry. I seriously HATE Cook, I've never hated a fictional character before and I REALLY hate him, haha. But I did love the scene in the woods with all the confessions and drama

"(Effy loves Freddie, Cook's been having it off with Panda, JJ growing a pair, Katie messing with Effy's mind...)"

so for me, I thought it was the first time on this new series that the acting was very very good.

7/10

Cook's a love and hate figure in my opinion. But not in the Marmite sense of the word.

Granted, he is an absolute cock, and I would pretty much detest any bugger who was like that in real life. But half the stuff he says makes me laugh (see above.).

Cannot be arsed with Skins. Saw one episode of Series 1 and literally feel no regret at never watching another one.

I'm sure it's wonderful. And it has a good soundtrack, I know that. Hey I See Who You Are by Bjork.

---

I missed Desperate Housewives (meh/*shrug*), E.R (*screams*) and brothers & sisters due ot my lezzie play! I'll have to chore 4od off a PC in my household.

Don't get me wrong, I think SOME of the stuff he comes out with is a little funny but his attitude I mean....is, well, dickheadish, lol.

Two Pints: Comic Relief special

I know two pints has gone downhill but this episode reminded me of when it was good in it's early days. And I thought that the tie-in with Grownups and Coming of Age was quite funny. I enjoyed it!

7.5/10

Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Episodes 1 + 2

How is this still so good?! I'm literally harrowed from the inside out by it's refusal to compromise. Tense/different cinematography suiting the new situation added. Loads of interesting stories already floating about. Omg it's brilliant. Though I hate Lee being fat. Looks somehow disturbing.

I gasped several times, sayed "jesus my jesus" thrice and cried "Hey, Starbuck you cunt!" in exaltation once.

I want to know what Ellen's deal is. Unless she has no deal, and is genuinely trying to protect Colonel Tigh.

Fracked/10

Friday Night Lights is great. The pilot episode was all shot so incidentally, yet the ending was fairly brutal and sad.

I will say that the show is fairly predictable, but very enjoyable to watch unfold. Great - and very believable - characters. The high-school american football setting, I suppose, could draw comparisons to teen dramas like the OC or One Tree Hill, but the show doesn't rely on pop culture, it doesn't have overly witty lines to amuse and sedate you, instead the terse environment indoctrinates you into a sort of bemused wonderment at it all... It's realism again, baby!

Episode 5, here I come :) Well, after 30 rock, Dollhouse and Sarah Connor, of course!

I think the opening to season 3 might be the show's finest hour in terms of dark, brutal drama. I just think it was absolutely fucking wicked.

I did think during it that it was noticeably...darker.

Just finished "Collaborators". I kinda hate the death penalty, but I suppose this episode highlighted it in a negative way. I also hate that no one seemed to consider that the Cylons might have been running things...

It was good though. I wonder if the 3 new characters in the Jury will make any more appearances.

Friday Night Lights is great. The pilot episode was all shot so incidentally, yet the ending was fairly brutal and sad.

I will say that the show is fairly predictable, but very enjoyable to watch unfold. Great - and very believable - characters. The high-school american football setting, I suppose, could draw comparisons to teen dramas like the OC or One Tree Hill, but the show doesn't rely on pop culture, it doesn't have overly witty lines to amuse and sedate you, instead the terse environment indoctrinates you into a sort of bemused wonderment at it all... It's realism again, baby!

Episode 5, here I come :) Well, after 30 rock, Dollhouse and Sarah Connor, of course!

Medal for you sir. It's portrayal of realism is pretty much unlike anything else, i also think the way it' shot - almost 'amatuer' like adds to the effect of it. The first season is awesome, best first season of anything for me.

Medal for you sir. It's portrayal of realism is pretty much unlike anything else, i also think the way it' shot - almost 'amatuer' like adds to the effect of it. The first season is awesome, best first season of anything for me.

Is Friday Night Lights the one with Scott Porter? Chair and I e-know him, ReZ has met/hung out with him.

[/one of my tenuous claims to fame]

Is Friday Night Lights the one with Scott Porter? Chair and I e-know him, ReZ has met/hung out with him.

[/one of my tenuous claims to fame]

I hate not getting a photo with him.

I have a photo of someone with him, then a photo of me with the someone...does....does that count?

Al Murray's personality disorder

I like Al Murray but man is this awful. How the heck did it get aired? There was the odd funny sketch (the one with the chav and the footballer) but other than that. Shit!

1.5/10

Dollhouse - True Believer

Erection spotting!

I'm guessing all these fragments of memory Echo has are going to come in important then for...

Next week is the 6th episode, aka the episode where Fox stopped gimping the show and let Whedon run it and thus undergoes a "game changer". Looking forward to it :D

BSG - Next few episodes of Season 3, up to the "disease" one.

I love the fact ethics (of war) play such a big part in this show. Though let's be honest, Helo is really annoying us all.

I love D'Anna Biers unclichedly being the main cylon so far, when you'd except Six to be.

The torture by Three/Sex with Six scene on the basestar was very intense.

Good Hunting/10

Dollhouse - True Believer

Erection spotting!

I'm guessing all these fragments of memory Echo has are going to come in important then for...

Next week is the 6th episode, aka the episode where Fox stopped gimping the show and let Whedon run it and thus undergoes a "game changer". Looking forward to it :D

It's steadily improving. Hopefully, with any luck, this change Whedon is on about is Echo doing an alpha and having a composite event. I could see it being quite fun if the dollhouse goes from this amoral but kindly overseer in to full blown badguys, with Echo on the run. Would be cool.

Next few epis of BSG including Unfinished Business and The Passage

Though Unifinished could be considered filler, it was done brilliantly. Just the climax of the matches, Apollo vs. Starbuck, combined with the reveals from New Caprica = brilliant.

The Passage was pretty sad too.

I also love how the Cylons have personalities. They aren't terminators. They strive to be human, and as such, I'm enjoying D'Anna's struggles.