NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I've watched the first seven episodes of Wonderfalls so far. I love the show - I didn't realise that it was partly done by the guy Behind Pushing Daisies or that Ned was in it (Tim Minear and Jewel Staite attracted me to the show). Plus Sharon is in The Inside and Drive (and there's Muffin Buffalo woman, who is the Muffin Buffalo in Pushing Daisies and works for the people behind the race in Drive). A wonderful mix of people from shows that I love but were canned.

Edit: Also: The second episode of Dollhouse was awesome. It's always great to see another friendly face from Firefly/BSG (plus I love his accent).

Law & Order: London (No pissing way I'm calling it UK.)

It was weird seeing Adama, aka Captain Apollo, speaking with an accent that I can only assume is a lot closer to how he talks in real life. Was pretty good, not great, but simply because Adama is now a detective in London I'll keep watching it.

Secretly I'm hoping this is actually link with Battlestar Galactica and they'll jump into London's upper atmosphere some time soon.

I should totally write for TV.

7/10

Shipwrecked 2009 - Episode 4

I must have fallen and hit my head massively hard because I'm addicted to this like crack. I really can't wait until Sunday...

...massively hard.

8/10

Breaking Bad

I win at watching it first *sticks out tongue*

Plot: Lame chemistry teacher finds out he's got cancer. His wife is pregnant, his son has cerebral palsy and his students have discovered his second job at the car wash. So what to do? Ride along with your brother-in-law, who works for the DEA, and see how a meth-lab is run. While your bro is inside the 'shop' kicking ass, the chemistry teacher spies one of his ex-students jumping out of a nearby window and running away.

This 'unlikely pairing' [sic]; a street-wise drug dealer (yo) and a family-orientated nerd is the basis for the whole show.

Comparable to weeds (mostly because it deals with 'good' people being forced to involve themselves in drugs. Being a meth-based show, however, they do tend to skirt around the part of the drug world that uses/abuses the drug.

But unlike Weeds it's serious *cough* cancer *cough*, and slightly less subtle in highlighting the layman's misunderstanding of the drug world ("I heard they arested this caretaker at a school in canada, and the next day they found over half the students were high on LSD!").

Only 7 episodes, but plenty of "wtf", "woah" and "NO WAI!" moments (notably the openings to e01 and e06), and genius performancy by That Dude From Malcolm In The Middle.

I would say watch this show if you like drugs, or middle-aged men lashing out against the culture they're stuck in (Falling Down, American Beauty... die hard movies? I dunno). So yeah.

And more stuffshh.

I am curious about Breaking Bad (although generally stuff about drug-takers tends to fall flat on me) but there's many other shows I need to check out.

Big Love - Come, Ye Faithful

Being trapped in confined company is bound to have fallout and I was expecting someone to find out about Sarah's pregnancy, but did not expect her to miscarry. Poor thing, having to do so in silence because she was sharing a room with Nicki. It really upset me :( Moreso than another miscarriage I saw on a show this week which felt kinda "so what?" ish.

Also, awesome line; "You're a married woman. You can't go thinking about another man's cardigans."

Dollhouse Ep2

As I predicted, the show is greatly improved now that it's established what the frak the premise is. Hints of the wider storyline and more time spent outside the dollhouse and Echo's assignment were welcome diversions, and Eliza is a compelling protagonist, mmm yes.

Breaking Bad

I win at watching it first *sticks out tongue*

Hey, feelings hurt right here. And we (Sheffield Massive) going for a drink sometime or what?

Hey, feelings hurt right here. And we (Sheffield Massive) going for a drink sometime or what?

Perhaps at weekend when i may be able to attend?

Well if these other lazy bastards can be bothered to get off there asses and come I see no reason why not. You of the age to be consuming the alcohol containing beverage?

Good good. Well i'll no doubt forget about this when I sober, so someone else can clear up the rest of the mess..........(Dan)

What I meant to say was that I was the first to watch the entire season :P From your post I took it to mean you hadn't done so far.

and YES! We are definitely going to have a mini-meet of whatever sort we can. Closer to teh date, I hope Ell can let us know where he is and we can organise a night of awesomeness ^_^

Likelihood is, I will be stuck with the skiing lot most of the time. I'm don't know where we are staying or what we are doing yet, but I guess if you lot get together, and I'm not too far away I can come for a drink or two. Best I may be able to do I'm afraid! :)

Law & Order: London (No pissing way I'm calling it UK.)

It was weird seeing Adama, aka Captain Apollo, speaking with an accent that I can only assume is a lot closer to how he talks in real life. Was pretty good, not great, but simply because Adama is now a detective in London I'll keep watching it.

Secretly I'm hoping this is actually link with Battlestar Galactica and they'll jump into London's upper atmosphere some time soon.

I should totally write for TV.

7/10

I saw it last night, wasn't bad. I was disgraced that we didn't have the same remixed opening the American shows get. Bradley Walsh did alright I thought.

Nip/Tuck - Allegra Caldarello

Nice they bought back "pussy lips" from season two. Although not enough Teddy (Katee Sackhoff), although she did hint toward bicuriousity which could be interesting. The whole Christian situation is kinda tragic. Although they had Liz have a breast reduction...and then put her in a low cut top afterwards.

Chuck - Chuck vs the Best Friend & Chuck vs the Suburbs

In that order. AS THEY SHOULD BE! (damn Obama!)

It makes more sense in that order because, well can't be bothered to spoiler tag but it does.

I hope they follow through with the Fulcrum info in Chuck's brain. Could be quite useful.

Plus the music in the 'Best Friend' was rather awesome, can't seem to find what any of it is though (except for Toto of course)

I saw it last night, wasn't bad. I was disgraced that we didn't have the same remixed opening the American shows get. Bradley Walsh did alright I thought.

Never seen the American version.

I saw them filming this as I went over Waterloo Bridge today. Second time as well. Between you and me, I think that Freema lady is stalking me.

currently going through every episode of My Name Is Earl, though i've just maxed out the 72 minute limit on Megavideo

such a great show

Never seen the American version.

I saw them filming this as I went over Waterloo Bridge today. Second time as well. Between you and me, I think that Freema lady is stalking me.

You said the same for whatshisface who is in Kidulthood. I think you're stalking the black members of Dr Who personally :heh:

Mad Men, late last night on BBC2.

Think I'd flicked past it the week before but didn't watch it, watched most of it last night though.

I liked the style and glamour of it, and obviously it's the first episode I'd seen but seemed liked it could be a good late night watch.

Plus January is VERY hot, why her husband on the show would feel the need to go elsewhere is anyones guess! She was even dressed in horse riding gear last night and looked stunning!

Dollhouse Episode 2

I really enjoyed this. :D Much better than the first episode as it seems to be going somewhere. I cannot wait for next weeks.

Big Bang Theory Season 1 and 2

To start off with I wasn't enjoying it too much but it definately grew on me. It is fairly funny and I love Sheldon as a character he is very good. In general I had fun but it tries too hard to be nerdy sometimes which comes off as they don't really know what they are talking about. :yay:

The second series improved upon the first and is much funnier and I care about more of the characters but still don't really care about leonard. He just annoys me!

Innit for Sheldon really who is entertaining.

Wizards of Waverly Place Episodes 1-8

Not bad for a Disney show and a bit of fun when you cannot be bothered to concentrate on other stuff! Didn't really like it at first but again it grew on me and some stuff is cringeworthy and others makes me laugh and Selena Gomez is cool, so yeah. I'll probably watch more. :)

You said the same for whatshisface who is in Kidulthood. I think you're stalking the black members of Dr Who personally :heh:

That is true.

Maybe I am actually destined to be the next Dr Who. All his companions seem to bump into me. The TARDIS is getting a total make-over.

Maybe if I bump into Jamie Bamber I'll eventually mean the rest of the BSG crew. Here I come Tricia!