NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Yeah, I know chucks by the same guy, but I had no idea Gossip Girl was. So thats why it had the sort of O.C vibe about it from the beginning. Awesome. I know it's got pretty low viewing numbers in the US, and they only kept it going due to iTunes sales, so I hope it picks up because it seems like a really good show.

ITV is suddenly getting all these american shows! Dexter, then Gossip Girl and now Pushing Dasies (which looks awesome!). What next?

Well its a co-creation based upon books. Some woman (whose name I forget) said; you should do this show, and he said "only if I do it with you" or something like that. Anyway. Yeah... I think its doing quite well (for The CW anyway), particularly among the key teen demographic.

Pushing Daisies is amazing. Like a giant warm hug.

And yeah, ITV has suprised me this year. Seems like they're trying to take channel four's throne.

Loads of American Dad! All 4 Bears out of 7 and above! :D

I downloaded the third season. It's good! I think I prefer the second season but that could be due to the fact I've watched the third non stop for a while lol.

I downloaded the third season. It's good! I think I prefer the second season but that could be due to the fact I've watched the third non stop for a while lol.

Awesome! :D I've been watching the third Season! I think i prefer the third season! but i have only watched it once!

I've seen season 1 many times and the 2nd season a few episodes a couple of times! So for me the 3rd season feels more refreshing!

I have been laughing a lot!

They have some really inventive plots and the characters are great! :grin:

Well its a co-creation based upon books. Some woman (whose name I forget) said; you should do this show, and he said "only if I do it with you" or something like that. Anyway. Yeah... I think its doing quite well (for The CW anyway), particularly among the key teen demographic.

Bugger, ITV2's ratings for the Pilot last night were pretty bad. I really hope they don't drop it, it was great start to a hopefully great series. They're bringing in Michelle Tra...Dawn from Buffy into it for the end of season one I think (Or will it bw season 2?).

Teen drama Gossip Girl suffered a weak UK debut last night with just 293,000 viewers for ITV2.

An initial audience of 520,000 tuned in for the start of the episode at 10pm but quarter of an hour later it was down to just 244,000. Across the hour the show averaged 1.92% of the total audience.

The average audience for the slot last year was 471,000 (3.16%).

Leading the digital-only channels at 10pm was BBC Three's EastEnders repeat with 744,000 (4.29%) viewers. Also outpacing ITV2 were Film 4, where The Transporter drew 516,000 (2.72%), and More4, attracting 400,000 (2.61%) for ER.

Big Bang theory

Can't get much more lols than this! it's just in a league of its own, like a smarter, cleaner, funnier version of the IT crowd!

"it's halo night"/10

Big Bang theory

Can't get much more lols than this! it's just in a league of its own, like a smarter, cleaner, funnier version of the IT crowd!

"it's halo night"/10

Has it improved since the first episode, then?

Very much so, it's less about getting in the hot girl now, as it is moving on from her

It's fantastic, it's turned into such a great show. I liked the first episode, but it's just got better and better since.

The Big Bang Theory. Last night was the first time I saw it. It was pretty funny, for a low-bidget American franchise, and certainly entertained after My Name is Earl.

My Name is Earl- 9/10

Big Bang Theory- 7/10

The Wire, Season 3

Wonderful. Nothing from television from the past decade or so will ever be as intense as the final scene in the penultimate episode.

10/10

Also, I just caught an episode of The Simpsons, Lisa's Sax. I always liked this episode. It's funny and sweet at the same time. Probably the last really, really great Simpsons episode.

The Wire, Season 3

Wonderful. Nothing from television from the past decade or so will ever be as intense as the final scene in the penultimate episode.

10/10

I don't think I've ever felt such genuine loss at anything- film, television or fiction, as i did after seeing that scene.

Incredible.

Happy Endings on ESPN Classic

Stumbled across this while flicking through. This programme showed the 1982 European Cup Final between Aston Villa and Bayern Munich.

100/10 :grin:

*Warning - Haggis loves Desperate Houewives*

Desperate Housewives Season 4 (Episode 1)

Hell Yeah!

The best show on tv (imo of course) is back, and like people have been saying season 4 definitely seems like a return to form for the show. It went a little off during season 3, and the viewing figures in America showed this. But, since season 4 started they've shot straight back up and put the show into the top 5 in America again.

Awesome episode, the new housewife is a **** (which is great) and the story line with Carlos is finally getting interesting. Some pretty funny moments too (Fork/Baby/Highfive).

10/10

IMO, why is she still alive? i hated her, so godamn much...

I have to agree, I hate her character. But it's nice to see her making a big impact on a storyline rather than just being the village bike on the street.

There's a few more new characters coming in as far as I know, and:

An episode where the street is hit by a tornado.

A gay couple move in sometime soon.

The Big Bang Theory. Last night was the first time I saw it. It was pretty funny, for a low-bidget American franchise, and certainly entertained after My Name is Earl.

My Name is Earl- 9/10

Big Bang Theory- 7/10

I hate The Big Bang Theory. Its so shit. Its got a ridiculously dramatic laugh track that goes off every 5 seconds, the jokes are plain awful. The characters are so cliched they should be funny to laugh at but it doesn't even manage that. Its attempts at being clever just further expose the stupidity of the creators. Argh.

2/10 because of the fit blonde.

Bugger, ITV2's ratings for the Pilot last night were pretty bad. I really hope they don't drop it, it was great start to a hopefully great series. They're bringing in Michelle Tra...Dawn from Buffy into it for the end of season one I think (Or will it bw season 2?).

Its ITV playing a teen show at 10pm and not really advertising it. The tv trailers are alright, but the print advertising is clueless. Its a shoe...yeah thats clear. Blatantly meant to be on Channel Four with a nice T4 repeat.

And yeah Michelle Trachtenberg is on it for several episodes this season. There is five episodes left, and I hear shes in during May sweeps so I presume shes in for three or four eps.

X-files season one

Just the first six eps so far - but already the monster-of-the-week thing is clear; Mulder has encyclopaedic knowledge of all paranormal shenanegans everr, and the ability to walk straight to the clue at the crime scene. Scully tags along, laughing her way through the signs. The pair of them conveniently get split-up when there's some paranomal witnessing to be done, which normally comes right after an eerie scene which looks like it's just about to be a reveal-- only to actually be one of those 'rational' explanations.

Then Scully goes off, writes up her report to her superiors and somehow forgets to include some simple info -- like photos and fingerprints.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, and subsequent ones if I can get a hold of 'em.

How I Met Your Mother - The Bracket

After Barney discovers some woman is discouraging others from sleeping with him he creates a tournament-style bracket of the 64 who has the most right to offend him ("12 hours to live", "fake baby", "owned Google" etc). Hilarity ensues. A really strong episode, and Cobie Smulders and Alyson Hannigan were looking fantastic.

plus http://www.tedmosbyisajerk.com is lols. Nice when they go the extra effort (and I'll call a 20 minute song sufficiently extra)

Dawn Goes... Lesbian

Appaling documentary from the clueless 'journalist' Dawn Porter. She seems to think that women are very fluid sexually, so tries to let out her lesbian side for a month, despite having dabbled in the past and realising that she wasn't into it. Gash and FULL of gash(es).

I just doesn't work when the reason for doing the documentary is so painfully useless. Dawn Porter is nowhere near interesting enough for any sort of programme about her to be interesting, yet she's managed to get given FOUR hours by the BBC.

And they just gave Lily Allen a second series of her chat show. They should just do away with all the shite and put The Slammer on in their place. Nobody can fail to love The Slammer.

I thought the idea behind the documentary (namely, Judith Butler's work) is an interesting one, but yeah the application wasn't too great.

x-files season one

Seen the whole season now and, man, it's good. The regular weekly creeps are interesting but of course not relevent. I found the last episode to be quite awesome, and it sets up season two in a brilliant way. I can't remember how many seasons there are - 6? 8? But I know they won't be able to sustain what they promise for that many episodes, so I'm guessing the first half of the next season will be fairly muted affairs - more monsters-of-the-week but with a stronger overarching story that seems to connect all the monsters? Fairly routine stuff I suppose, but hell it's been enjoyable so far. Only a couple of annoying episodes (the Kindred? Pah. Waste of time). I'm glad I've never watched it before, and look forward to season two (which I'll be watching... perhaps in summer. Curses world! But hey this is a massive paragraph that nobody will read so it doesn't matter when I get to see it anyway!)

I know a few things about the series overall - it has a couple of movies (I think I've seen one) and that someone dies (can't remember who but I can guess it's M) - but godammit I want to be able to see it all now.

[/ramble]

One Foot In The Grave : The Complete Series

Watched them all, apart from two Christmas specials that I'm saving for a rainy Sunday afternoon. Sarcastic characters in sitcoms are great, and Richard Wilson as Victor Meldrew is definitely up there as one of the best. The situations that he gets himself into are just as funny now as they were when they were broadcasted on TV.

House Season 3

Halfway through at the moment, and I think it's the best season yet! Some great case's for House, and seeing his character develop and struggle is great viewing.

Gossip Girl (Episode 2)

Another great episode. I've really fallen for this show, I can't wait for next week! Some awesome characters and a so far great storyline = a good show.

8.5/10