Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

I've never played LittleBigPlanet by myself. I completed both playing with my sister, and it's insanely hilarious and fun. Because i've enjoyed so much playing with someone else, i just think it would be so much less enjoyable by myself, so i don't even want to try. It's amazing if you can get someone to play with, one of my favourite PS3 games easily (behind Uncharted1&2&3).

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never played LittleBigPlanet by myself. I completed both playing with my sister, and it's insanely hilarious and fun. Because i've enjoyed so much playing with someone else, i just think it would be so much less enjoyable by myself, so i don't even want to try. It's amazing if you can get someone to play with, one of my favourite PS3 games easily (behind Uncharted1&2&3).
Yeah that's my feelings on it. I'd be much more interested in Multiplayer, but probably wouldn't try much else.

F-Zero and Wipeout are very little alike. You won't enjoy it if you go in thinking that. It's like comparing GT5 to PGR. Wipeout is a brilliant game. Give it a chance.

I don't know how it's progressed over the years, but I think I've always thought it had very a floaty feeling and too sensitive.

The reason I say you should give it a chance is because I had the same view of it as you do. It is floaty but that's just the mechanics of it and as soon as you get to grips with it, it is awesome.

And there are so many awesome modes like Battle and Zone mode. There are so many ways to play it.

Wipeout HD is the latest and there is an expansion called Rage which doubles the content and modes (it's basically a new game again). I think you can buy them both together discounted or something. Definitely worth it.

The Vita one is cross platform so you buy it off PSN and play it on both PS3 and Vita.

Both FZero and Wipeout are amazing games. I prefer F Zeri, but I have Wipeout HD on the PS3 and it's brilliant!

Yeah I got 100% F-zero GX with AX stuff. Awesome game. Wipeout is harder for me though. But I still really enjoy it. The fastest class is just crazy.

Hmm yeah I'm not sure... I've already seen the end of the game because I watched Eddage play the last hour or so. And he didn't like the way the last part of the game played out and I can see why, plus the last boss fight was clumsy in terms of controls and knowing what to do.

But then again, if I'm gonna play 2 and 3... I kinda feel I should see all of the first. Don't have a great impression to go into it, but we'll see.

Looks like the price of PS Vita memory cards has popped up in gaming news again now that American retailers are starting to list their price for them rather than just the Japanese.

Every time I see those prices, I just can't help but facepalm. That magic price point worked so well. Even though Nintendo cut the price of the 3DS, it's still an incredible price.. that'll now work out to about £290 minimum in most purchases because of the high percentage of games that'll require the memory card.

Proprietary doesn't have to be so bad. It's annoying that you've gotta buy a new memory card. But in most cases when you buy a new electronic that requires one, even if you already own one chances are it's designated to something else so you buy a new one for your purchase. Then you have the reasons why they can't use memory stick pro duo such as the read/write speeds that wont be up to the standards required for digital games and the anti-piracy methods offered by the new format.

But why are we expected to fork out so much for those memory cards? The lower your margins, you'll entice more people to buy higher capacity cards which will most probably result in a larger revenue. PSP games were roughly 2gb, god knows how much those Vita games are going to weigh in at. And they want to entice people into buying digitally distributed games with savings of only a couple of quid per game which we'll need a £100 32gb card to fully experience the convenience?

Looks like the price of PS Vita memory cards has popped up in gaming news again now that American retailers are starting to list their price for them rather than just the Japanese.

Every time I see those prices, I just can't help but facepalm. That magic price point worked so well. Even though Nintendo cut the price of the 3DS, it's still an incredible price.. that'll now work out to about £290 minimum in most purchases because of the high percentage of games that'll require the memory card.

Proprietary doesn't have to be so bad. It's annoying that you've gotta buy a new memory card. But in most cases when you buy a new electronic that requires one, even if you already own one chances are it's designated to something else so you buy a new one for your purchase. Then you have the reasons why they can't use memory stick pro duo such as the read/write speeds that wont be up to the standards required for digital games and the anti-piracy methods offered by the new format.

But why are we expected to fork out so much for those memory cards? The lower your margins, you'll entice more people to buy higher capacity cards which will most probably result in a larger revenue. PSP games were roughly 2gb, god knows how much those Vita games are going to weigh in at. And they want to entice people into buying digitally distributed games with savings of only a couple of quid per game which we'll need a £100 32gb card to fully experience the convenience?

Good thing the Vita does not need memory cards.

Good thing the Vita does not need memory cards.

From my post:

that'll now work out to about £290 minimum in most purchases because of the high percentage of games that'll require the memory card

This is because some games DO require a memory card. If you're lucky enough to be interested in a game that doesn't require it, knock £20 off the price I estimated.

But let's face it, even if you're only interested in a game that doesn't require one, you're eventually going to buy one that does. Uncharted is a good example as that game is confirmed to need one. I imagine all first party titles will require it as well to push the memory cards down our throats.

12 Deals Of Christmas On PSN

With Christmas just around the corner, ’tis the season to be jolly! And now you have 12 extra special reasons to be jolly as the 12 Deals of Christmas come to PlayStation Store.

During the month of December – up until Christmas Day – PlayStation Store will feature 12 amazing deals for you to unwrap. However, each deal will only be available to redeem from PlayStation Store for 48 hours, before – like Santa on Christmas morning – it vanishes…

Each of the 12 Deals of Christmas will start and stop at 12:00pm (GMT) on the following dates:

Christmas Deal 1 – 1st to 3rd December

Christmas Deal 2 – 3rd to 5th December

Christmas Deal 3 – 5th to 7th December

Christmas Deal 4 – 7th to 9th December

Christmas Deal 5 – 9th to 11th December

Christmas Deal 6 – 11th to 13th December

Christmas Deal 7 – 13th to 15th December

Christmas Deal 8 – 15th to 17th December

Christmas Deal 9 – 17th to 19th December

Christmas Deal 10 – 19th to 21st December

Christmas Deal 11 – 21st to 23rd December

Christmas Deal 12 – 23rd to 25th December

So don’t miss out on some great one time offers – take a sleigh ride over to PlayStation Store for the 12 Deals of Christmas.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/29/12-deals-of-christmas-on-psn/