N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Just played 2 Killzone games with a friend and we finished #1 in both. Joined late in the first, won it by a ton. Second game I raped up horrid and won again with 60 kills 12 deaths, and did a years worth of objective stuff too, ending with a 1.5x score of 200 odd.

If you get the controls, and play tactically, you can pwn up. Salamun Market is fantastic map, have had many a close and long game on it.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played 2 Killzone games with a friend and we finished #1 in both. Joined late in the first, won it by a ton. Second game I raped up horrid and won again with 60 kills 12 deaths, and did a years worth of objective stuff too, ending with a 1.5x score of 200 odd.

If you get the controls, and play tactically, you can pwn up. Salamun Market is fantastic map, have had many a close and long game on it.

Do you use default controls or do you change them?

Do you use default controls or do you change them?

Use Alt 2, put crouch on toggle, put aiming on 'hold', and put the sensitivity to one below the middle for both axis, but have the 'high precision' toggled on. My DS3 analogues are well worn in by now, makes for very comfy aiming. It's the only tolerable setup for me, even though melee is useless in this scheme because it's mapped to R3. Meleeing is pretty pointless anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

Basically, don't use iron sights much, they're not that effective unless at serious range. Instead, just do minimal burst fire, longer burst at closer distances. Plus, aim for the head. And don't forget the magnum, if you're 1 on 1 and you waste a clip without killing, whip out the Magz. 2 hit kill, 1 if you've already shot someone a bit.

Most people don't get how to use their weapons on this game and so I reap the benefits. The only tolerable gun is the main ISA rifle.

The amount of shotguns users is ridiculous, but on the whole they make for entertaining kills at distance because they can't do shit.

Play as tactician, make sure you put your spawn points the right way round, and have your second ability as air support/boost depending on map size and objective.

dwarf out.

Edited by dwarf

Are they normally late in updating their order statuses and with dispatch emails?

It says every game ordered before 5:30 is dispatched the same day yet mine still says processing even though I ordered it hours before the deadline.

I'm impatient.

Erm... It has always been pretty instant with me to be honest...

Hope you still get your stuff asap!

Random other question, anyone use Shopto? Are they decent enough?

Shopto are fine but be safe. Use paypal. They are known for fraudulent activity and numerous reports of credit card fraud. The previous sites the owners used to run also closed down because of these issues. Just bear that in mind despite the fact that they have several people constantly praising them on the net.

Shopto are fine but be safe. Use paypal. They are known for fraudulent activity and numerous reports of credit card fraud. The previous sites the owners used to run also closed down because of these issues. Just bear that in mind despite the fact that they have several people constantly praising them on the net.

You seem to enjoy bring this up all the time on this forum. If you had to be picky probably no where on the internet is 100% safe.

Ive googled this myself and there is 'rumours' floating about, there is also rumours that paypal isn't safe, heck there is probably a rumour about every site on the internet.

If it was proven there were a fraud company then surely they would have been closed down by now? These companies that you here selling none existant holidays or tickets to a gig are not around very long as they move on as to not get caught yet shopto have been around for awhile now.

Ive ordered over 50 products with them and never had a problem, i have friends and friends of friends who have never had a problem. There is also shit loads of people that have not yet a problem.

I am not saying they are perfect (but like i said i dont personally know anyone that has had a problem) but you always seem to come across like there are some kind of massive fraudsters or something.

I've ordered from ShopTo and it's been fine.

I suppose you often find bad reviews of websites on the net because if you've had a shit service you complain.

Where as you hardly ever write a decent review for a decent service.

Hence why on reviewcentre.com every tenth or so review (out of around 40) is bad.

But ShopTo must get literally hundreds of orders everyday but of course, those hundreds that go right don't get reviewed.

You seem to enjoy bring this up all the time on this forum. If you had to be picky probably no where on the internet is 100% safe.

Ive googled this myself and there is 'rumours' floating about, there is also rumours that paypal isn't safe, heck there is probably a rumour about every site on the internet.

If it was proven there were a fraud company then surely they would have been closed down by now? These companies that you here selling none existant holidays or tickets to a gig are not around very long as they move on as to not get caught yet shopto have been around for awhile now.

Ive ordered over 50 products with them and never had a problem, i have friends and friends of friends who have never had a problem. There is also shit loads of people that have not yet a problem.

I am not saying they are perfect (but like i said i dont personally know anyone that has had a problem) but you always seem to come across like there are some kind of massive fraudsters or something.

Not really, it depends how people complain, there needs to be a number of reports to the trading standards before a website is brought down, so it's entirely possible that shopto have done some bad transactions and gotten away with it due to the higher demand of customers who are happy.

Or something.

Personally I'm always a bit wary of companies that have shite customer service, a friend recently bought me something for my birthday, given he's in Ireland he wanted to make sure it'd get to me and was having trouble with his card details, he tried emailing and not once received an email back, I can't remember how it was solved in the end, I'm sure eventually his details went through, but it was quite appalling.

edit: I'll add, although this is a personal view of course, I've ordered before that and been happy, but only because I didn't have to contact them for anything.

Personally I'm always a bit wary of companies that have shite customer service, a friend recently bought me something for my birthday, given he's in Ireland he wanted to make sure it'd get to me and was having trouble with his card details, he tried emailing and not once received an email back, I can't remember how it was solved in the end, I'm sure eventually his details went through, but it was quite appalling.

I can't speak about the e-mail issue, but I've a pretty good idea of what your friend's problem was: your first order with a new card must be to its billing address. Ironically enough it's a security measure to counteract fraud.

When I had to get in contact with them I used their Live Chat. 10 minutes later I was sorted. Generally I wouldn't rely on asynchronous communication when attempting to get a company to sort something, actively engaging an employee in a conversation yields much quicker results as they have to deal with things then and there.

Well I've never had any problems and every single game has been delivered straight away the next day every time!

If you type paypal fraudulent theres plenty of stuff:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=opera&hs=PZv&rls=en&&sa=X&ei=9vt_TNj8NaCI4ga5h6TTCw&ved=0CBwQvwUoAQ&q=paypal+fraudulent&spell=1

sure anything can be found for such things for sites.