• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I was off with my £52 guess conversion, it hasn't been that good an exchange rate for a while.

Anyway, I personally think it'll ship for £80 for the big bundle.

I probably will just buy one pair of controllers and play the sort of games we're currently getting but with Move, with the occasional innovative buy that rates well. None of that compilation and GDC bullshit they revealed.

Afew Wii fans have a hissy fit over anything. Technically Sony started the whole motion thing with Eyetoy anyway.

I saw the same tech on a PC set up in Comet yeeeeears ago, prior to the Eye Toy.

And I'm sure they existed before that.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

£66 with the current state of the £.

But that's nothing to go by. Typically if it's $100 in the US, it's close to £100 in the UK.

They really cannot afford to let it get so high that would be suicide. They need to get the price point right and also if they are to entice the casual audience who perhaps don't own a PS3 already they need to bundle it at a price with the console that is still competitive and appealing.

Are we sure Sony didn't take Nintendo's Wiimote/Nunchuck promo pictures and just photoshop in there own controllers.... is it the same pair of hands also?

I prefered Arc as a name... Move just sounds meh to me

Perhaps they both just used the same stock photo.

Are we sure Sony didn't take Nintendo's Wiimote/Nunchuck promo pictures and just photoshop in there own controllers.... is it the same pair of hands also?

I prefered Arc as a name... Move just sounds meh to me

I was thinking the exact same thing about the hands. And the whole wrist strap thing.

I've got all 3 consoles and to be honest we all knew this was going to happen eventually (sony stealing ideas) so I'm not all that bothered. Unless they show a game that will take full advantage of the controller then theres no sale.

Can anyone explain to me what the coloured bubbles on top on the controller are for?

Can anyone explain to me what the coloured bubbles on top on the controller are for?

For added Funkyness!! :yay:

Well, I haven't read the specs, but I wager it's one part for the show (the colour changing depending on what you're doing, e.g. when you throw fire, it'll go orange), and I think it has something to do too with the PSeye recognizing the bubble and it's colour.

Hmm, yes... and no. It should play very alike, but RE5 just isn't quite as good a game as RE4. But atleast it ought to make the game a lot more fun! :D

Thing is, I think they added in more people to shoot in the wii version thanks to its superior aiming system, so maybe they will squeeze in EVEN more on RE5, still wont make it a better game but again could make it more fun

2558l60.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5491493/sony-says-playstation-move-precise-enough-to-play-starcraft

Mikahilov said the PlayStation Eye is capable of tracking the Move's movement to a precision of about one millimeter in the X and Y-planes. He showed this onscreen, zoomed down to the pixel level. On the Z-plane, Move's depth perception level of precision is about a centimeter. He further illustrated the Move's level of accuracy by mounting the controller on a tripod, eliminating the jitter we were seeing during on simple tech demo, which was actually coming from Mikhailov's hand.

Some of the Move's other neat technical tricks came in the form of combining face tracking with glowing orb tracking, the ability to detect facial features like glasses and a very rough estimate of a user's age.

But putting the Move controller's level of precision in terms most of the room could understand, Mikhailov said that they've been able to use the PlayStation 3 add-on as a device to control the PC version of StarCraft.

Interesting. They do seem to beusing the camera lot too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!