Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

I was certainly expecting more graphically, and yeah the steering was a bit off...

Dont worry about the graphics. The track is rather plain in real life and doesnt compare to any Prologue track except for Daytona.

Controls are fixed to professional only. Standard driving will be in the final game which is very accessible.

Heck i play the PSP game on Standard. I find professional tough.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry about the graphics. The track is rather plain in real life and doesnt compare to any Prologue track except for Daytona.

Controls are fixed to professional only. Standard driving will be in the final game which is very accessible.

Heck i play the PSP game on Standard. I find professional tough.

Even the in car model didn't impress me that much though either...

Persona 4 PSP and Persona 5 coming?

A while back, Persona 4 producer Katsura Hashino revealed that the team responsible for that title split in two, with each branch working on unique games. Hashino touched upon this in the final post at the Persona 3 Portable creator's Blog today.

Hashino explained that one of the teams worked on Persona 3 Portable. He said that next year, he'll have to get to work with this team on a new project.

The other team is working on an original new game which is nearing completion. He expects this to be an extremely interesting game.

Hashino also made a vague reference to what could be an even bigger title. Starting next year, the two development lines will gradually come together and get to work on "that," he said. The question is what "that" refers to. Persona 5 perhaps?

Love Persona. I have good memories of test number 4 at SquEx.

Downloading ModNation Racers Beta now!! Anyone else get a code? I'm quite exited for this. Not enjoyed Mario Kart after the DS outing and this looks like it has a good chance of replacing that.

Can't get my headset to connect to the PS3. Nothing is happening what should according to the manual.

I am assuming what should is your headest but then your grasp of the english language in the above is so bad you could be talking about a pound of butter.

Try writng something more legible and we might be able to help - exactly what is the problem? (excluding your written grasp of the english language obviously) - Merry Christmas :santa:

Edited by Cookyman

Sign up at the beginning of the month. Or Gamespot are giving away 2000 to American accounts in about 8 hours - first come, first served, I think.

Getting the bad company 2 beta from there was a piece of piss and they didnt run out for a while so if you want one, I'd go there.

Edit: just checked my email and I seem to have one, might have to give you a game sir. Downloading starts after the Army of 2 demo is complete, anyone played that yet?

Edited by dwarf

Getting the bad company 2 beta from there was a piece of piss and they didnt run out for a while so if you want one, I'd go there.

Edit: just checked my email and I seem to have one, might have to give you a game sir. Downloading starts after the Army of 2 demo is complete, anyone played that yet?

its co-op only from what I can tell..not bad though.

Anyone tried the comic book store on psp? Its brilliant! :grin:

Much better than anything on the iPhone. The free comics are more recognisable properties and there is a nice selection to read. I like that the animation doesnt cut through any bubbles whatsoever and that the picture is always rescaled correctly avoiding pixellation. You even get silly things like shakes or explosions. Minor sfx and stuffs as bonus.

Its easier to read and doesnt feel like a hassle nor is there any shopping stuff bloating up the program. UI is simpler but also more effective. You can play your music in the background. A big plus is also that there alot of major names on board like Marvel or Disney that you cant get on the iPhone.

They got some classics too like the 1st issue of big names e.g Spiderman etc. All in all really impressive effort. Thumbs up here.

Here is a review: http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/30244.htm/

I agree its amazing for a first effort. Trumps everything in one go :o

According to Square-Enix FF13 has sold one million on the first day in Japan.

Yeah more like round up from 600k or something according to people.

Edited by Choze

I'm gonna try it out now.

Impressions:

I agree with Daft in that I think the camera is too close to the kart. The loading takes ages but is excusable for being a beta. I think there is a problem in that you are constantly racing around at breakneck speeds making weapons hard to use and it isn't easy to tell what weapon you have.

Apart from that I was very pleasantly surprised. The drifting is great, presentation is nice and I love the pace of the karts, it feels double as fast as CTR almost. The shortcuts are pretty cool from what I've seen, the only thing I'm slightly concerned about it that with so many user made circuits, it's unlikely you will play them more than once unless they're special, in which it'll kind of be a game of luck in who wins.

Much better than expected, so far so good.

Edited by dwarf

Please everyone don't forget our PS3 Gaming Nights!!!!

It's FPS Night tonight:

Looking forwards to the Burnout Night, on Sunday was it? But I'll be all left out as I only have the original copy of it with no dlc :/. I'm hoping to thieve my nephews copy of the ulitmate box this christmas to get the cops and robbers stuff, does anyone know if I can just borrow it to download the stuff then use my own copy whilst keeping the dlc?

does anyone know if I can just borrow it to download the stuff then use my own copy whilst keeping the dlc?

No the dlc would be part of the game on the disc, otherwise the disc could be passed around many times and loads of people would get all the dlc for free, EA wouldn't let something like that happen which would damage their precious profits. :rolleyes:

Looking forwards to the Burnout Night, on Sunday was it? But I'll be all left out as I only have the original copy of it with no dlc :/. I'm hoping to thieve my nephews copy of the ulitmate box this christmas to get the cops and robbers stuff, does anyone know if I can just borrow it to download the stuff then use my own copy whilst keeping the dlc?

don't worry we can do the normal stuff...I have big surf island, but don't remember paying for the cops and robbers DLC. you can't download the stuff of the ultimate box...it knows the difference as if they are two separate games! Yeah think it was sundays...