• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolverine got 7.8 or something like that on IGN. Never going to buy a movie-game tie in. NEVERZ!!!

I just played the Red Faction Guerilla demo, and at the start as I was running, shooting and generally being an ass in what was a boring desert locale that showcased the crappy AI and explosion effects in the game, so I was looking forward to slate it on here, but how can I when I actually found it fun?

This 3rd person objective/small sandbox genre has been done so many times before (Mercenaries is best example) and you can tell it's not that polished and there are areas where you know budget constraints have been set, but the vehicles are fun, everything has the nice habit of crumbling and breaking when you smash into it and at the end of the demo you just get to laugh at some 4x4s as you cream them with a mounted Rofl Launcher.

No part of the game has originality to it but it has a similar charm to some PS2 games where you can laugh now at the bad enemy intelligence along with the copy and pasted floors and hills but there's no denying it actually works. As a demo it is brilliant actually.

Edited by dwarf

I loved running through that two story building with the leggy arm machine thing you pick up. Reminded me of that scene in iRobot.

I'm not too sure I actually like the controls though. There's something a bit off about them but I probably just need to give it more time.

Yeah it's kinda like the thing that chases him through the building with about the same level of destruction. Only thing I thought the controls weren't good for was weapon swapping. Other than that no problems I think.

Have to wait a fricking month for Demon Souls to arrive thanks to some delays. Tis what I get for not paying the extra £25 (O_O) to get it delivered fast. I *think* i can wait. Got tons of games to play and complete anyways.

Just bought it today import from Hong Kong (might get here before Christmas). The reviews say it is rock hard, we should team up and do it co-op?

You going online Choze?

As for Red Faction, that Mars theme WILL get boring, no question. Thing is I reckon the missions could be interesting. If there was ever a game that would be good for a rent I think this would be it. Guarenteed fun and cool moments.

The X-Men demo was pretty cool. Surprised how polished it was, graphically good. Again, more of a rent than a purchase.

This is the game that goes under the radar. It's brilliant that it's exclusive but I'd like there to be more media and impressions for it.

Guess it's a game we can kind of talk about with a sense of specialness and secrecy. That sounds pretty sad but oh well, most of the stuff I say is.

Just bought it today import from Hong Kong (might get here before Christmas). The reviews say it is rock hard, we should team up and do it co-op?

I am defo up for that. From what I have read and seen, teaming up is essential. I am actually looking forward to its hardcore difficulty. Haven't had something difficult (in a good way, not like SF4) since devil may cry).

Wolverine is average. Graphics are the same sharp yet muddy Unreal mess we are used to. On my rental list. It does seem worth trying out but seems so shallow.

Funny its by Raven.

Edited by Choze

Yeah I think shallow is the word. And yeah Unreal Engine is only good so many times, now it's boring. I don't think there'll be a lack of moves, it's just whther you'd actually use many of them.

Yeah I think shallow is the word. And yeah Unreal Engine is only good so many times, now it's boring. I don't think there'll be a lack of moves, it's just whther you'd actually use many of them.

Yeah what i liked was that Wolverine is more vicious than in the movies or cartoon. Though for story i would prefer other mediums. Alot of it was also far too scripted. The helicopter bit felt like a COD moment. Good to play once but second time no way. Shouldnt be suprised its Activision.

White Knight Chronicles (USA):

399960_full.jpg

399958_full.jpg

399954_full.jpg

399952_full.jpg

399952_full.jpg

399946_full.jpg

399938_full.jpg

399936_full.jpg

399930_full.jpg

399922_full.jpg

The story of White Knight Chronicles begins in the kingdom of Balandor, where a princess’s coming-of-age banquet is raided by an evil Corporation called “Wizard”. A boy called Leonard grabs the princess’s hand and leads her to safety in the castle cellars, where he finds a strange suit of armour that transforms him into the White Knight – an ancient warrior with the strength to defeat the Wizard corporation forces. Leonard’s transformation into a mighty hero, the White Knight, is the beginning of a life-changing fantasy experience, fighting against the fiercest enemies.

Alongside the huge single player quest, adventurers will be able to meet in online lobbies to team up for their quests through the wide world of White Knight Chronicles. Players will find friendship and team spirit in abundance as they journey through a land of awe-inspiring mountains, a lofty castle, a cavernous mine and a towering mobile city built on the back of a gargantuan creature. They’ll hone their combat skills and strategy against foe after foe in gripping melee battles with enemies large and small – and they’ll join a globe-spanning community of brothers (and sisters)-in-arms with a shared taste for adventure.

Euro release not confirmed yet

I'll only get White Knight Chronicles if a few people off here get it. Apart from the online it looks pretty generic and dull.

BioShock came in the post yesterday and I've been playing through it again. I really do love it. The scope of the weapons is awesome. I managed to get two Big Daddies smashing the shit out of each other,

I think the best thing about the game is how well the narrative is woven into the game. Definitely tops even Half Life in this respect.

I don't see how BioShock 2 will be anywhere near as good. I hope I'm wrong.

I'll only get White Knight Chronicles if a few people off here get it. Apart from the online it looks pretty generic and dull.

BioShock came in the post yesterday and I've been playing through it again. I really do love it. The scope of the weapons is awesome. I managed to get two Big Daddies smashing the shit out of each other,

I think the best thing about the game is how well the narrative is woven into the game. Definitely tops even Half Life in this respect.

I don't see how BioShock 2 will be anywhere near as good. I hope I'm wrong.

Well i didnt like the game part. Narrative is very good though. I was expecting a System Shock type of clicking stuff thing.

White Knight i doubt i my thing. Seems like you need to spend tons of time with it (grinding etc.)

Edited by Choze

Nah nothings wrong I'm just in the mood for insulting needlessly (don't actually mean it) and Daft is going along with it. I think because he seems to be on the ball anyway.

Oh. seemed serious.

You scare me :p

im a huge lover of jrpgs, i cant see whit eknight not reaching europe if it gets a us release.

It will probably come if it gets some good rep in the US. Its getting an overhaul in Japan and for the US. I will keep an eye on it though Demons Souls is more of a refreshing game.

Anyone here tried Valkyria Chronicles? Its pretty amazing so far. Daft should get everyone at Square Enix a copy :p Very refreshing.

Edited by Choze

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!