• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats on the R2 DLC? Might have to download it :awesome:

I'm not entirely sure but there's a couple of new maps and another weapon/co-op thingy. Some stuff is coming in the update but some is DLC. Only a few quid I think.

I'm excited for this DLC but the free update is taking a while. Found details of content here - I created a quick log in to view it but it seems to be the only site that has all the details.

http://www.gamersdigest.net/2515/resistance-2-patch-and-dlc-today/

Dont think its out today.

edit: Oh wait they are up. Skins and mp pack. Not bad. R2 fans are going to be happy.

Also Magic Carpet is up!

Ratchet and Clank are back!!!

3387384617_aea44d21a0.jpg

The galaxy's coolest duo are back on PLAYSTATION®3!

Get ready for time-bending fun and intergalactic mayhem with Ratchet and ClankTM: A Crack in Time

London, 26th March: Ever wanted to travel back in time? This Autumn Ratchet and Clank are back on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) in the UK like you’ve never seen them before – and they’re on a mission to save the future!! Get ready another round of intergalactic chaos with Ratchet and Clank™: A Crack In Time, the latest addition to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s multi-million selling Ratchet and Clank™ franchise.

Concluding the events that began in Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time will answer some of the franchise fans’ biggest questions. After discovering that lovable robot Clank’s disappearance was engineered by Dr. Nefarious, the Wrench-swinging Ratchet races to save his best friend. Along the way, both will finally uncover the hidden truth behind their origins, and discover their ultimate destinies. As the duo come closer to reuniting, they’ll have to ask themselves the biggest question of all: Do Ratchet and Clank’s destinies lie with each other? Or is it finally time for the universe’s greatest duo to separate for good?

If you haven’t played Ratchet & Clank before and are new to this successful franchise, prepare to be immersed in hilarious action-packed galactic capers and discover how time travel will entertain you in ways never before experienced.

Powered by Insomniac Games’ fourth-generation PS3 technology, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time will continue to bring the experience of playing your own computer generated animation movie to PS3. Expect all the laughs and witty banter of a Ratchet and Clank title, as you enjoy all-new space gameplay that gives players the opportunity to engage in space battles, explore the surrounding star system, and discover hidden items and collectables... You’ll come head-to-head with a brand-new cast of baddies, and some old favourites, and obliterate them with cool new weapons and abilities.

Get ready for a brand new time-bending, laugh-out-loud adventure when Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time arrives in stores in Autumn 2009. It’s the newest addition to the smash-hit Ratchet and Clank franchise, with eight titles across PlayStation®2, PS3™ and PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) platforms. With Ratchet and Clank, the future is never certain!

Check out more at http://www.playstation.com or contact your local PR manager

I should be excited for that but I'm not. After the first game, Tolls of Destruction didn't compare well in my view, and whilst it was a good game there was too large a focus on combat and not enough on platforming. The wit and humour was also few and far between.

I don't know... It all just felt a bit samey. There needs to be a greater focus on gadgets and puzzles - The game has great jump mechanics which are criminally underused, I remember the first being much more fleshed out and varied because it used everything in good measure...

Sorry to be negative, it is a great franchise I just don't know if this will offer anything worthy of my money. If all fails though, at least they gave it a funny name.

ToD was a fun, different game seeing as i've been without platformers lately. However it really didn't stand out in the shadow of SMG. I dunno how I feel about a sequel, just seems a bit... again? yanno, how much Ratchet and Clank can I stomach.

I'll get it cheap no doubt, this year is shaping up rediculous for my wallet. Wanted and Wheelman are getting pretty solid reviews too, intend to pick them up once I find them below £20.

So many games to catch up on ^_^.

Oh, I got the second fragment and butterfly earlier as I could actually get on a Gateway. It took me ages to work out the URL on the postcard as I didn't realise I was supposed to be looking for what wasn't there, meaning I was searching through the Messenger logs for likely 6-letter words on a wild goose chase.

Unfortunately I'm not having so much luck with adding funds to my wallet, as yet again I'm having trouble with my card for no discernible reason; I made a purchase with it earlier, there's funds in the account, and I haven't touched the details since I last made a trouble-free PSN transaction. Let me give you money, Sony, you bastards!

Worms is on?! Yesss! Will download now, glad I didn't buy Crash Commando.

Oh wait, didn't come out in Europe this week :(

---------------------------

Anyway I couldn't wait to try the new Resistance maps so I went on this morning and played a deathmatch on this new Orick level called Outpost - brilliant map, made moreso by the fact that I won it hehe. Hopefully the other 2 are good as well, there's something I get about Resistance that others here don't. Not sure why but I just understand it more - I guess if you tried to enter it now you'd get killed pretty quick.

Edited by dwarf

Disgaea 3 gets Trophy support.

"After undergoing the update, players will gain access to 50 Trophies. Obtaining these could be a bit difficult, with such conditions as "Cross 10 billion in damage."

The Home Rewards include gold, silver, and bronze trophies that match up with the Trophies received during the game proper ."

Gold

- Clear LoC Item World from floor 1 to 100 without exiting.

- During Reverse Pirating, collect all innocents, treasures, and level spheres on the map.

- Deal 10 billion damage.

Silver

- Find the Trophy Room in 90+ Item World.

- Defeat Prinny Pirates.

- Defeat Diez Gents Pirates.

- Defeat Ball Pirates.

- During Reverse Pirating, collect all innocents.

Bronze

- Clear Item World from floor 1 to 100 without exiting.

- There are 21 bronze trophies for defeating each pirate.

- In Item World's Tower room, speak with the Cat at the top.

- During Reverse Pirating, collect all treasures.

- Deal 100 million damage.

- Deal 1 million damage.

- Perform 9 counters in a row.

- Achieve 5 color chains with geopanels.

- Play for a 10 hours session.

- Defeat an unit in battle with a 10-hit combo.

- Perform 100 jumps.

- Defeat an unit in battle with a 10-unit tower attack.

- Find Akutare/Axel in the Item World.

- Pass a homeroom proposal by force.

- Achieve 255 turn stationary bonus.

- Capture an enemy.

- Perform 5 magichanges in battle.

I've got the outta two pieces.

1 image was left from Stapler, 1 image was right of Stapler on the side at the plants.

The 3rd image was at the notice board, when you walk down the stairs to the notice board, just before you walk down, on the left side behind the pole.

lol Disgaea is getting a ton of support.

Might check it out. Looks like oldschool in HD.

Might get Socom or Worms this week. Also Magic Carpet on PS1 is hard to resist. Bullfrog getting good support on PS3.

its currently £25 on game, 17.50 with my reward points. wont get it that cheap again for a while.

I've been back on the ol' PS3 again this week because of Silent Hill being up for download - I love that game so much even now and it was the first thing I've ever bought off of PSN.

Anyway, does anyone know if that cross-over RPG CrossEdge is getting a UK release? I know it comes out in the US in May but does anyone know about Europe?

I've been back on the ol' PS3 again this week because of Silent Hill being up for download - I love that game so much even now and it was the first thing I've ever bought off of PSN.

Anyway, does anyone know if that cross-over RPG CrossEdge is getting a UK release? I know it comes out in the US in May but does anyone know about Europe?

No idea yet. It may come given lots of niche stuff make it. Last resort would be to import.

Don't know if you lot know this but could this be Harmonix way of apologising for delaying the release of Rock band 2 on PS3.

The game of course comes with 20 free DLC tracks - now heres the interesting part when this came out in the states and I beleive for the Xbox 360 over here the dlc consisted of:

The 88 - "Sons and Daughters"

Authority Zero - "No Regrets"

Between the Buried and Me - "Prequel To The Sequel"

The Cab - "Bounce"

The Chevelles - "Get It On"

The Cocktail Slippers - "Give It To Me"

Dealership - "Database Corrupted"

Endeverafter - "I Wanna Be Your Man"

The Ghost Hounds - "Ashes To Fire"

Hollywood Undead - "Young"

Kutless - "The Feeling"

The Len Price 3 - "If I Ain't Got You"

Lesley Roy - "I'm Gone, I'm Going"

Opiate for the Masses - "Burn You Down"

Semi-Precious Weapons - "Magnetic Baby"

Shaimus - "Like a Fool"

Thenewno2" - Crazy Tuesday"

Tickle Me Pink - "The Time Is Wrong"

Underoath - "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures"

X Japan - "I.V."

Yup I haven't heard of any of them either. Anyway the 20 free DLC tracks on the PS3 PALversion consist of the following:

1."Afterlife" - Avenged Sevenfold

2."Call Me" - Blondie

3."El Scorcho" - Weezer

4."Girl U Want" - Devo

5."Girls Who Play Guitars" - Maximo Park

6."Indestructible" - Disturbed

7."It Hurts" - Angels & Airwaves

8."Just What I Needed" - The Cars

9."Message in a Bottle" - The Police

10."Monkey Gone to Heaven" - Pixies

11."Rio" - Duran Duran

12."Saints of Los Angeles" - Motley Crue