Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Played the Killzone 2 demo. These typical FPS'es really aren't my thing, won't be getting it.

Perfectly understandable. Love the other updates this week. :santa:

Lumines is pretty nice as is Cuboid.

fl0wer next week though. I though it really was this week.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't that come out last week?

It did and it didn't. They put it up but it was the demo by mistake so people buying it actually paid for the demo (which should have been refunded) its not gone back up since?

Is Lumines really that great? It seems the sort of game I might prefer to play on PSP...

Anyone played the 3 on 3 NHL demo, its simple and easy but hell its a ton of fun, at only 6.29 I am thinking of paying for the full version.

Does anyone know how to take a really high res screenshot of the scene in LittleBigPlanet. I've got something I've made and I need to take a screenshot of it. Taking one in game the resolution is tiny, taking one with a camera just don't look good.

So anyone?

Nope. No direct feed grab. :(

I have a 60gb PS3, but I know not all titles work on it. I was just wandering if Persona 3 worked.

Actually I think i'll buy it from play.com, but there out of stock atm :sad:

I am using about 150GB/320GB just for games. My videos, music and Pictures are mostly kept on the PC. Using PS3 media Server for those.

Definately recommend a good HDD as it will improve loading as well.

Look at benchmarks on a website like Tomshardware, to determine performance. Whats great is that unlike game websites they give full details much like a science experiment so you can perfectly recreate the results.

I have that same one in my cart at Amazon. Do you notice any difference in download speed?

Download is the same always. Its a good drive You will get some read and write speed increases for large files. Smaller files is average.

Right now i think the 500GB Seagate is the best value? I forgot which was the fastest but the Seagate is also one of the fastest. Larger platters help increase speed.

MGS4 4.5 Million

Solid Snake continues to inject liquid currency into Japanese publisher, which saw sales rise to $2.56 billion for last nine months of 2008; full-year outlook lowered, however.

Solid Snake continues to get it done for Konami. Today, the Japanese game maker reported its results for the April-December period, saying that total revenues for the first nine months of its 2009 fiscal year grew 5.1 percent to ¥234 billion ($2.56 billion). Konami's profit margins also continued to outpace the year-ago period, given that net income rose 17.3 percent to ¥17.8 billion ($195 million).

Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, which was released exclusively for the PlayStation 3 in June, continued to be one of the company's top performers. The top-rated action adventure sold more than 4.5 million units in 2008, shifting approximately 500,000 additional copies in the October-December quarter.

For the first nine months of its current fiscal year, which runs from April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009, Konami has sold 22.35 million software units across its various franchises. In addition to Metal Gear's gains, the publisher has been bolstered by the success of its Pro Evolution Soccer franchise, which has sold more than 7.41 million units during the nine-month period. Other top performers for the game company include Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for the Nintendo DS, as well as installments in its perennial Dance Dance Revolution rhythm franchise.

Despite Konami's positive growth during the period, the publisher provided a warning to investors that the global economic downturn will have a negative impact on its full-year returns. Citing slower consumer spending and a strengthening of the yen, Konami revised its full-year revenue and profit outlook downward. The publisher now expects revenues to rise 3.2 percent to ¥307 billion ($3.36 billion) during the year, with profits now projected to grow a mere .3 percent to ¥18.5 billion ($203 million).

MGS Series

qq7k9k.jpg