Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Cool I was thinking about buying one, may have to get that. What is Eye of Judgement?

Card based game, think Yu Gi Oh. You get a mat and you place cards down and your cards appear as 3D monsters on screen. It actually looks quite kool. Worth a YouTube search anyway.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

UK 08 Ltd Sales

Blu-ray discs sales were up 316 per cent at £65.7 million, with 3.75 million discs sold.

DVD sales £2.34bn

Music £1.33bn

Computer Games

Games software

Total games sales £1.9 billion (+23%)

Wii £481 million (+112%)

XBox 360 £443 million (+38%)

Nintendo DS £367 million (+17%)

PlayStation 3 £334 million (+115%)

Games Hardware

Consoles £1.42 billion (+14%)

Peripherals £549 million (+82%)

Blu-Ray still has a way to go.

If they weren't so unreasonably bloody expensive!!

They are getting better with multibuy options on older releases now turning up and reasonably good prices at supermarkets on the week of release. It's no different to when DVD first came out.

Well the PS3 is killer as a player. Still the reference. The only thing to worry about is the TV.

Amazon have an excellent selection including new movies in their 3 for 2 offers. Got Wall-E , There will be Blood and Pan's Labryinth this way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_36591365_3?ie=UTF8&node=129344031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=1VF84AX85NZG1KBKJST2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=465050153&pf_rd_i=293962011

Plus movies like Batman Dark Knight can be found for just afew more £ than the DVD releases.

Not only that but rental websites like lovefilm.com dont charge extra for using Blu Ray compared to DVD.

I have jumped in a big way now. Though mostly rent.

I have been buying a couple of Blu-Rays a month since I got the PS3. I have built up a decent collection now. Just got to wait now for seasons 1-3 of Lost and seasons 1 and 2 of Prison Break.:(

I havent really been watching tv much aside from top Gear and afew other programs the past year... but i started watching House md which i am really enjoying it so far. Is Lost and Prison break worth joining in for at this late stage? Also how is The Wire? I am kind of a noob right now. :heh:

Imo DVD and Blu-Ray should be priced like this...

DVD - £7.99 (Regular) £9.99 (Special Edition)

Blu-Ray - £9.99 (Regular) £11.99 (Special Edition

Of course the prices won't be made standard like this for some time if ever, purely because they charge what they can for them, not what they should, I guess the whole point of buying films on disc is that you can watch them any time you want and as many times as you want; however I bet there are a few films that maybe only get watched once or twice that are in peoples collections.

I guess that's why we have rentals but even so I'm sure certain bought DVD's don't get watched as much as others and around £12 - £15 isn't really good value for a film if you only end up watching it once or twice, not when you compare it to buying a game for £35 and getting around twenty - thirty plus? hours of entertainment versus two - six hours out of a film when watched once or twice.

Blu-Ray will come down in price in a few years I reckon, largely due to the PS3, more people are slowly investing in one so it's only a matter of time before the format gradually starts to sell almost as much as DVD's have in time and as they sell more, in theory they should become cheaper, we will see if that happens or not I guess.

I havent really been watching tv much aside from top Gear and afew other programs the past year... but i started watching House md which i am really enjoying it so far. Is Lost and Prison break worth joining in for at this late stage? Also how is The Wire? I am kind of a noob right now. :heh:

Prison Break I would say yes, as long as you caught it early in a series to get the gist of the story. As for lost, i would buy the early series on DVD first, as the story is very complicated. Season 5 of lost starts at the end of the month.:yay:

Does anyone know, or can anyone find out for me 2 things?

1) As you level up in Resistance 2 does the new armour/loadout actually affect something or is it just cosmetic?

2) Are the vehicles you unlock during the festival get better/ does performance vary with different types of the same vehicle.

Cheers for any help.

I take it you haven't seen Blade Runner in HD. :smile:

Looks stunning.

I have got it already :smile: and it blew me away. probably my best looking blu ray film and i have about 6 so far. I meant something like...say, dirty rotten scoundres staring Micheal Caine and Steve Martin. A fave of mine, but is it a film that works on visuals? Nah dont think so, so for me, getting it on blu ray (doubt they would bother) is a no.

Imo DVD and Blu-Ray should be priced like this...

DVD - £7.99 (Regular) £9.99 (Special Edition)

Blu-Ray - £9.99 (Regular) £11.99 (Special Edition

Thats how it is. Ussually the Blu Ray has all the special edition features with even more unique extras like BD live or just plain exclusives. Wall-e and Dark Knight Bluray are just afew £ more. You get much more too. The value and prices are good if you look around. I buy from amazon or lovefilm.com

Prison Break I would say yes, as long as you caught it early in a series to get the gist of the story. As for lost, i would buy the early series on DVD first, as the story is very complicated. Season 5 of lost starts at the end of the month.

Will give them a go.

Does anyone know, or can anyone find out for me 2 things?

1) As you level up in Resistance 2 does the new armour/loadout actually affect something or is it just cosmetic?

2) Are the vehicles you unlock during the festival get better/ does performance vary with different types of the same vehicle.

Cheers for any help.

1) Cosmetic

2) Vehicles are in R2? Or do youmean Motorstorm? In Motorstorm i have no idea. I assumed they were the same save for size and shape.

Yeah I meant Motorstorm. Im asking in the hope that the vehicles I'm using at the moment are slightly inferior because the Festival races are getting insanely difficult. I haven't been bothered to change the vehicles for a while so maybe if i did it might help?

Probably not.

And yeah I didn't think new stuff made a difference but I have an inkling it does. Maybe it's just that I'm improving.

Well the PS3 is killer as a player. Still the reference. The only thing to worry about is the TV.

Amazon have an excellent selection including new movies in their 3 for 2 offers. Got Wall-E , There will be Blood and Pan's Labryinth this way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_36591365_3?ie=UTF8&node=129344031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=left-2&pf_rd_r=1VF84AX85NZG1KBKJST2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=465050153&pf_rd_i=293962011

Plus movies like Batman Dark Knight can be found for just afew more £ than the DVD releases.

Not only that but rental websites like lovefilm.com dont charge extra for using Blu Ray compared to DVD.

I have jumped in a big way now. Though mostly rent.

Yeah, I pick up the Blu Ray now unless it's an old DVD that could for cheap. In HMV 28 days later and 28 weeks later on Blu Ray together were £30. The boxset for both on DVD were £5. Obvious choice really. HMV are crap for Blu Rays though. Most are like £25. I just wonder how anyone actually buys these things.

Yeah I meant Motorstorm. Im asking in the hope that the vehicles I'm using at the moment are slightly inferior because the Festival races are getting insanely difficult. I haven't been bothered to change the vehicles for a while so maybe if i did it might help?

Probably not.

And yeah I didn't think new stuff made a difference but I have an inkling it does. Maybe it's just that I'm improving.

Might look into this. I am half way. Its a huge game. Focused on trying to do the online. Its hardly letting me go up now :(

Yeah, I pick up the Blu Ray now unless it's an old DVD that could for cheap. In HMV 28 days later and 28 weeks later on Blu Ray together were £30. The boxset for both on DVD were £5. Obvious choice really. HMV are crap for Blu Rays though. Most are like £25. I just wonder how anyone actually buys these things.

Yeah Blu Ray is a high margin product so some will push the barriers. Plus in these times its a good source of income.

Strongly recommend trialing out lovefilm.com Even if you think its not for you. Trying it out will make you sure plus you save money.

Lots of CES media for games. Killzone 2 and Infamous look great.

Might look into this. I am half way. Its a huge game. Focused on trying to do the online. Its hardly letting me go up now :(

Yeah Blu Ray is a high margin product so some will push the barriers. Plus in these times its a good source of income.

Strongly recommend trialing out lovefilm.com Even if you think its not for you. Trying it out will make you sure plus you save money.

Lots of CES media for games. Killzone 2 and Infamous look great.

I was gonna go for lovefilm.com but I like to own stuff. If I enjoyed a game I will always keep it even if I know I'm not going to play it much again.

Finally finished Heavenly Sword after not playing it for months and months. The last 2 chapters were pretty short, but I thought it was a pretty good game actually. I really enjoyed the cut scenes and didn't find the combat too bad, which could be cos I didn't play it in long stretches. I thought the stances were interesting.

I have now finished 4 of my 7 PS3 games :o That's very unlike me :p

I was gonna go for lovefilm.com but I like to own stuff. If I enjoyed a game I will always keep it even if I know I'm not going to play it much again.

That's what I was like but in the end it is just so much cheaper for me.

Give it a try. I used to like owning a game but when you realise how easy it is to rent any game you want you stop really caring. I'll buy some games, like KillZone 2 and Heavy Rain, but stuff like Resistance 2 and Mirror's Edge were great for a week or two.

Heavenly Sword is awesome. I think the bosses are annoying.

PS3 games of 2009:

Killzone 2 Generally what everyone is mostly waiting for. It's going to be awesome

InFamous Maybe not entirely original but it could turn out to be a great game.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. Similar to the first but more varied environments and stealth options. Graphics apparently amazing.

Tekken 6 New generation of Tekken!

God of War 3 A big PS3 exclusive.

Resident Evil 5 Looking to continue an awesome series, it will have to go some way to beat 4

MAG - 256 players online in one match? Impressive...

Bioshock 2 - Everyone agrees that the first was brilliant

Yakuza 3 - Interesting RPG

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!