• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd been thinking about getting a Bluetooth Headset for a while and so after reading the posts here I decided to get a Jabra headset too only I got...

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/5319387/Jabra-BT8040-Bluetooth-Headset/Product.html

£42.99 on Play...

I got one for £25 off eBay, was quite pleased :smile: nows the best time to get one for me tbh as I'm still waiting for my 360 to come back from repair, so once I get this bluetooth headset, I'll give MGS online a go, even though not many probably play it anymore I guess, and that double ID login thing sounds annoying...

still it looks decent so gonna try it out finally.

PS3 Guitar Hero World Tour has a slight edge over the 360 version - if your a musical genius!

Linkage

During the past couple of days, whispers of a new instrument were said to be introduced for Guitar Hero: World Tour - for its PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, at least. Since the beginning, it's been announced that this fourth installment in the franchise would finally introduce two new peripherals other than the guitar controller: the drums and the microphone. But is there a fourth controller?

It turns out that Neversoft project director Brian Bright was actually misquoted and there's never really been this "new instrument" - to clarify, it's actually a feature that integrates the use of a PC.

The feature is the MIDI Sequencer - that'd be the same mode in which you get to create your own music for Guitar Hero: World Tour. In that feature, you get to hook your PC to your PS3 or Xbox 360 and record whatever's playing into the in-game studio. Here's the reason behind the new feature, as Bright explained:

If you're a musician or you do any sequencing, it really just makes the pathway to getting your songs in the game that much easier--once you get it down. We just really want to give people enough tools to be able to make good music.

This feature will be incorporated as a patch to be released sometime during the launch week of the game. The MIDI sequencer functionality will be limited to just the drums tracks for the Xbox 360 (due to unspecified "hardware issues") but the PlayStation 3 version would be able to incorporate drum tracks as well as those for rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, and keyboards.

For those who want to pursue the whole in-depth MIDI sequencing and song creation functionality (as Bright admits, "it's not something that your average user is gonna do"), a full FAQ will be released at the official Guitar Hero website in the near future.

Uberly ouch. Unlucky buddy.

Yeh tell me about it!

Anyway i've decided to go the technical route and disassemble my PS3. :geek:

Lucky for me the blu-ray drive was easy to get to and I didn't have to fiddle with the main mother board unit. :yay:

So far i've managed to take apart my blu-ray drive, clean the lens and put it back together. Unfortunatly it won't let me insert discs now, but that's probably because I didn't put it back together correctly.

Hopefully I can get it to work tommorow.

If not, I've found a website which sells replacment PS3 blu-ray drives, so I'll just get a replacment from them.

That means, no £199 for sony, no 1 month waiting and no bull shit!

£10 from Play.com you cant go wrong!

Check it here Jabra BT5010 Multipoint Bluetooth Headset

I've ordered one of those beauties for last night...will make the upcoming Burnout Bikes even more fun!

I'd been thinking about getting a Bluetooth Headset for a while and so after reading the posts here I decided to get a Jabra headset too only I got...

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/5319387/Jabra-BT8040-Bluetooth-Headset/Product.html

£42.99 on Play...

I got one for £25 off eBay, was quite pleased :smile: nows the best time to get one for me tbh as I'm still waiting for my 360 to come back from repair, so once I get this bluetooth headset, I'll give MGS online a go, even though not many probably play it anymore I guess, and that double ID login thing sounds annoying...

still it looks decent so gonna try it out finally.

I will pop onto a bit of MGS online if you want some of us had some good fun with no mics awhile back...

Yeh tell me about it!

Anyway i've decided to go the technical route and disassemble my PS3. :geek:

Lucky for me the blu-ray drive was easy to get to and I didn't have to fiddle with the main mother board unit. :yay:

So far i've managed to take apart my blu-ray drive, clean the lens and put it back together. Unfortunatly it won't let me insert discs now, but that's probably because I didn't put it back together correctly.

Hopefully I can get it to work tommorow.

If not, I've found a website which sells replacment PS3 blu-ray drives, so I'll just get a replacment from them.

That means, no £199 for sony, no 1 month waiting and no bull shit!

If it is under 1 year old you should be able to get it replaced.

It is probably the diode for the Blu Ray. I heard from someone at work that there was a bad batch earlier this year.

I will pop onto a bit of MGS online if you want some of us had some good fun with no mics awhile back...

Sure, I'll add you next time I'm on my PS3 Adam, I got my headset today so will be good to try it out (assuming you have one too) so yeah, we could play a few games of MGS if I see you online sometime and your up for it. :smile:

Also, why does no one seemingly play it anymore? people seemed to play it for all of a week and then moved on :/ I thought it looked different enough to maybe be one of those online games played semi regularly at least.

Sure, I'll add you next time I'm on my PS3 Adam, I got my headset today so will be good to try it out (assuming you have one too) so yeah, we could play a few games of MGS if I see you online sometime and your up for it. :smile:

Also, why does no one seemingly play it anymore? people seemed to play it for all of a week and then moved on :/ I thought it looked different enough to maybe be one of those online games played semi regularly at least.

Yeah people did seem to drop off it pretty fast and I found myself struggling against really good players. Will likely be tomorrow night I can play...

My headset hasn't shown up yet but I'm sure it will either today or tomorrow...

Yeah people did seem to drop off it pretty fast and I found myself struggling against really good players. Will likely be tomorrow night I can play...

Mine hasn't shown up either yet and i think we ordered pretty much the same time. Hopefully it should come tomoz!

Mine hasn't shown up either yet and i think we ordered pretty much the same time. Hopefully it should come tomoz!

Looking forward to chatting to some forum members - my Scottish accent is kinda strong though lol

Solid Snake’s story is finished, but that doesn’t mean Konami is going to seal the Metal Gear Solid franchise in an early grave. The first sign of a new Metal Gear Solid game comes from the Japanese Trademark database where Konami registered Metal Gear Existence with the boring image on the right. It’s made to be used with video games so it’s likely, very likely, the name of a future Metal Gear Solid game. Going by the title alone it sounds like we’re going to visit the existence - or origins of the Metal Gear Solid franchise. So, will this be another game starring Big Boss? Let the wild pre-Tokyo Game Show speculation begin!

www.siliconera.com

Tried the boring Fracture demo today, another average 3rd person shooter. Bring back Uncharted!

I thought the deformations of the ground were pretty good but other than that it was just "ok". It's difficult to tell from the demos that seem to slam you right in the middle of the game (ala the Uncharted demo too).

Looks nice though. I liked the styling of it all and at least the deformation weapon/idea is unique.

On the theme of demo's: I've been loving all of the EA demos. NBA 09/NHL 09/FIFA 09. All of them are utterly amazing. If only I could afford them all...

Just had a couple of 1 on 1 matches with the Cookster, jabra worked pretty well, although couldn't always make out what was being said, so there was an awkward silence where I'm hoping he didn't just ask me a question lol.

But good-oh, looking forward to these tournies!

Level-5, the independent Japanese developer that's worked on everything from early PlayStation 2 RPG Dark Cloud to the world-beating, epic Dragon Quest VIII, is celebrating the tenth anniversary of their founding. Normally this would call for some cake and maybe letting the staff go home a bit early, but nothing doing for the outfit that Akihiro Hino and friends founded a decade ago -- after all, they're a big-name publisher in Japan now, and in the upcoming Level-5 Vision 2008 event in Tokyo (starting September 26), the company plans to announce five brand-new games that show exactly how versatile Hino's software house has become.

The games set to be unveiled, as profiled by this week's issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine, are as follows:

* Ninokuni: The Another World (Nintendo DS, with an port to an unspecified console also planned) is an RPG starring a 13-year-old boy who's invited into a magical fantasy land by a spirit, a world eerily close to Earth that's under the rule of a dark sorcerer. There he hopes to deal with the issues that haunt his life, not the least of which being that he was responsible for his mother's passing not long ago. This project is no doubt the biggest announcement of the day, mainly thanks to one small detail: Studio Ghibli, Japan's most famous animation studio, is working on Ninokuni's animated sequences, the first time the company has ever provided original work for a video game.

* Danboru Senki (PSP) is a build-and-fight RPG with more than a passing resemblance to Nintendo's Custom Robo series. In the game world, people build and customize small battle robots called LBXes, then duke it out with friends in special miniature battlefields made from cardboard reinforced to weather combat damage (the game's title literally means "Cardboard War Machines" in Japanese). You'll take up the role of a new hobbyist in the field, searching for rare parts and trying to become the best robo-fighter in town.

* Inazuma Eleven 2 (Nintendo DS) is the sequel to the Level-5-produced soccer RPG that just came out in Japan last month. Once again, you'll be leading a middle-school soccer team as they try to save the world from a new, alien soccer menace. Seriously. As before, it's equal parts JRPG exploration and fast-action soccer sim.

* Professor Layton and The Last Time Travel (Nintendo DS) is the third game in the Layton series, one with the usual full new set of puzzles and characters. The Professor receives a strange letter one day claiming to be from his assistant Luke ten years in the future. Tracking its source down leads to a scientist creating a new, working time machine, one that sadly goes haywire and throws the Prime Minister of England and his wife into some unknown spot in time-space. Can Layton rearrange matchsticks and stuff quickly enough to save them?

* Ushiro (PSP) is a first for Level-5 -- a horror RPG. You play Reiichiro Ushiro, a newly-minted shinigami spirit who has the power to give people near the brink of death a single wish in exchange for their lives. Whether listening in on conversations in spirit mode, possessing the living to do your bidding, or fighting personifications of the evil in man's heart, you can be sure that being a not-so-friendly ghost is nothing if not hectic.

All of these games are due out 2009 in Japan with the exception of Layton, which hits Japanese stores November 27.

In an interview with Famitsu, founder and producer Akihiro Hino looked back on the first ten years of his company's existence. "I never even thought about [becoming a publisher]," he reflected. "In the beginning, I didn't see any need for us to be a publisher because I thought the important thing was to create games we'd be satisfied with -- if we could make good games and put food in the table with that, that would be perfect." He noted that of the new games, Ninokuni is likely to be the one released the soonest -- and with Ghibli involved, it's undoubtedly going to be the one that attracts the most attention overseas.