• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame I always have despised "Platinum/Player's Choice/Classic's" versions of games... Hope this means the original versions get a price cut :heart:
Same! The 'players choice' ranges always have horrible case designs! and the PS3 ones certainly don't buck the trend! They may be the worst ones yet!

Same! The 'players choice' ranges always have horrible case designs! and the PS3 ones certainly don't buck the trend! They may be the worst ones yet!

Well I'm in that boat too. But I don't know anyone who likes 'players choice' range of games full stop. The case to do otherwise doesn't help with the look of the PS3 ones.

But I am also hoping the other ones get a price cut too, I've played Motor Storm and I would definitely pick it up for a cut price amongst some others.

shame they didn't make them £12.99... you can allready pick up those games for less than £15 on eBay with their better original cases, if anything this will now make the original cased games go up in value.

I like seeing stuff get cheaper, I was so annoyed with Wii because I didn't think the games were all that great, yet they maintain their full-price tags. Some stores sell Zelda for 39.99 still...

Anyway, I'm looking for a new PS3 game to get, any help?

My friend has Resistance 1 and I think I have played enough of that, he also has Motorstorm, The Club, Haze, and a few others I can't remember.

I've got a list of games here, some of which are out already, some of which are future releases. If there are any big titles I have missed please add it to the list. When you look at it I find that it's the best out of the 3 consoles.

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune

Call of Duty 4

Grand Theft Auto IV

Gran Turismo 5 (completed version)

Tekken 6

Battlefield: Bad Company

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Have it)

Killzone 2

Resistance Fall of Man 2

rachet and clank

Naruto

Socom

FFXIII

Infamous

God of War 3

Fallout 3

Debatable:

Warhawk

Unreal Tournament 3

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Motorstorm 2

Bioshock

Little Big Planet

MAG

I think I may have missed a few major ones here, so jump in.

I highlighted ones that I'd consider getting, i.e my friends dont have

Uncharted is still my favourite PS3 title to this day. A graphically astounding, movie-like epic which, (to me,) feels like a cross between Tomb Raider (the newer versions) and Resident Evil 4. A truly next-gen title and with characters which I hope to see in more "uncharted" titles for many years to come. If you own a PS3 and haven't played this...your missing out. Well and truly.

Good list there Dwarf, although i would add Bioshock into the 'definate'. I played it loads on the 360 and absolutly loved it! Great game!

Oh and Tapedeck few friends of mine have all said the same thing to me... that i'm missing out on uncharted! I really must get around to buying it....

Uncharted is still my favourite PS3 title to this day. A graphically astounding, movie-like epic which, (to me,) feels like a cross between Tomb Raider (the newer versions) and Resident Evil 4. A truly next-gen title and with characters which I hope to see in more "uncharted" titles for many years to come. If you own a PS3 and haven't played this...your missing out. Well and truly.

I feel exactly the same. It was one of the first PS3 games I bought and I love it.

SUPER STARDUST HD needs to be in that list!

Agreed, it is so much better than Geometry Wars. I have tried going back to it on Wii since and just cannot get back into it...SSHD is the king of downloadable shooters, followed closely by everyday shooter another great game that I really need to get back to and complete.

Guest Jordan

Agreed, it is so much better than Geometry Wars. I have tried going back to it on Wii since and just cannot get back into it...SSHD is the king of downloadable shooters, followed closely by everyday shooter another great game that I really need to get back to and complete.

Thats because Galaxies looks like utter shit and the controls are terrible on whatever scheme you use.

Retro Evolved/Waves/Retro Evolved 2 are were its at... but yeah, SSHD kicks ass.

Oh and Tapedeck few friends of mine have all said the same thing to me... that i'm missing out on uncharted! I really must get around to buying it....

Try the uncharted demo on the PSN. It sets the tone nicely for what the title is all about.

I'm loving CoD4 too...keep getting hammered online though. Must. Improve.

Thats because Galaxies looks like utter shit and the controls are terrible on whatever scheme you use.

Retro Evolved/Waves/Retro Evolved 2 are were its at... but yeah, SSHD kicks ass.

I think it works fine on classic controller...

Try the uncharted demo on the PSN. It sets the tone nicely for what the title is all about.

I'm loving CoD4 too...keep getting hammered online though. Must. Improve.

Actually hated the uncharted demo! but still went ahead and bought it...

Actually hated the uncharted demo! but still went ahead and bought it...

I thought it felt a little like a videogame version of "Lost" and even though the gunplay seemed a little laborious, I loved the setting. The whole setup of the level 5 demo also made me want to play on to find the plane. Furthermore, the instant 'gob-smacking' graphics, movie-like score and brilliant dialogue made me think this was something much, much grander than what a demo alone could show.

Guest Jordan
I think it works fine on classic controller...

I have large thumbs... They often hit against each other when i push the sticks together.

Well I played the Uncharted demo a while ago and wasn't completely taken with it. I thought the shooting seemed a bit slow, i thought there wasnt enough ammo around, and it was almost impossible to lean out of cover without instantly being shot.

I did complete it but wasn't sure if I should part my cash, so haven't, yet.

My problem with GTA IV:

I have never really played GTA much, and I ended up playing the Bank level which my friend was stuck on and I beat it first time. Now i'm not saying that's special, but it was a bit too easy and later when I looked in IGN's review it was almost unanimous that this level was the best in the entire game. Kind of put me off.

Well I played the Uncharted demo a while ago and wasn't completely taken with it. I thought the shooting seemed a bit slow, i thought there wasnt enough ammo around, and it was almost impossible to lean out of cover without instantly being shot.

I did complete it but wasn't sure if I should part my cash, so haven't, yet.

My problem with GTA IV:

I have never really played GTA much, and I ended up playing the Bank level which my friend was stuck on and I beat it first time. Now i'm not saying that's special, but it was a bit too easy and later when I looked in IGN's review it was almost unanimous that this level was the best in the entire game. Kind of put me off.

Uncharted is more than the sum of it's parts. You get used to the shooting system after a while.

I felt GTAIV was way too easy and generally not interesting enough.