• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

CNBC reporting 'Sony wins E3 thanks to MGS4' :laughing:

The Ultimate Proof Sony Is Winning

Posted By:Jane Wells

Topics:Video Games | Movies & Film Studios

Sectors:Travel and Leisure

Companies:Sony Corporation

Forget the analysts. Forget the NPD sales figures. Forget the CEO’s. I live with the ultimate expert on the video game industry—my 16-year-old son.

He not only plays video games, he watches every show about them on G4, he participates in chat rooms about them on the internet, he competes in a variety of games on a variety of platforms. He always tells me the latest trend three months before I read about it in the media.

But he’s never been a PlayStation fan. Sure, he had a PS1, but as soon as the Xbox came out, it was game over. He loved the Xbox graphics, and once he was old enough to play “Halo,” he loved the games. He graduated to the Xbox 360, Xbox Live, “Gears of War,” etc. He even hung in there during the overheating Xbox “red ring of death” phase. Other than a two-year detour/obsession playing “World of Warcraft” on his computer, he has always been an Xbox fanboy. Sony just didn’t have great games.

Last week he recorded all of G4’s E3 coverage so he could watch it after work (he’s got a summer job to save money to buy gas and videogames, in that order). He was very excited after Microsoft had its news conference. “You can stream Netflix movies onto the Xbox 360!” he exclaimed.

Then he watched the Sony press conference, and the world as we know it changed. After hearing about “Metal Gear Solid 4”, as well as other PlayStation exclusives in the pipeline and the awesomeness of Blu-ray, he promptly packed up his Xbox 360 and all his games and went down to Game Stop to trade them in. He bought a PS3 and “Metal Gear Solid 4.” I had to be there to approve the purchase of the M-rated game since he’s not yet 17, and I was surprised at how rapturous the Game Stop employees were about Sony. They then sold him a USED copy of “Metal Gear Solid 4.” “How can the game already be used?” my son asked. “Because some people get frustrated if they don’t have ‘cheats’,” he was told. But the cashier assured him that the game “was just as good as new.” My son asked, “How can that be?” “Because PlayStation players are ninjas!” was the response.

I’m happy to say my son didn’t accept this answer. Perhaps that’s because he’s now spending his own hard-earned money to purchase these games. He said, “Seriously, how does that work?” And the Game Stop fanboys explained that Sony now has a special coating on Blu-ray game discs which makes them virtually scratch-proof. We shall see.

One thing we do know. We may not be able to stream Netflix movies onto the console (yet) but now we can start ordering them on Blu-ray.

As we left the store, I said to him, “I never thought I’d see you with a PlayStation.” “Neither did I,” he replied.

lol, she obviously doesn't know what she is talking about. Well she does basically admit she hears it all off her son.

Just a note to the female, MGS4 was out worldwide June 12, E3 was last week.....

He obvisously doesn't watch everything on G4 otherwise he would of known that...

Ooo Final Fantasy VII rumours, I never get bored of them!

Source Playstationlifestyle.net

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/07/22/the-final-fantasy-info/

I can now reveal exclusive inside info about Final Fantasy… VII!

Final Fantasy VII will be getting a “new†version of the classic game from the massive franchise and it will be exclusive (for now at least) to the PLAYSTATION 3. It is unclear whether a new version will be a simple remake or an extension to the original like Crisis Core, and if it will be a Blu-ray release, or on the PSN. Something else which won’t be exclusive is the original FF7 which will be coming to the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade by the end of the year.

Both of this info will be officially announced at either Square Enix’s August conference in Japan, or the Tokyo Game Show.

PSLS lists all of our inside info under rumor until it becomes official.

Sounds to good to be true, so I won't get my hopes up yet, FFVII original to XBLA and PSN aswell?

I personally would love a remake, shame I think Cloud fails compared to Zack! (<3 Zack)

Don't know if this has already been posted but there has been a release of the first screenshot of M.A.G.

2692312381_5ac00f8f69_o.png

Although it's fairly early on in the development cycle, if MAG can produce graphics on par with those displayed in the screenshot below whilst providing a stable connection for up to 256 players, that would be beyond amazing. Fortunately, Zipper seems up to the challenge. I present the first real-time screenshot from Massive Action Game.

So here's what this screenshot reveals about MAG. As hinted on in the CG trailer, players will be able to drop out aircrafts and parachute to safety. Obviously, they can be shot down while doing so, as the opposing squad here is attempting to do. The screen also leads me to believe that there won't be a cover system. If you take a look at the guy on the right, he doesn't quite seem 'attached' to the wall. This is just a guess though - I'll try to niggle some official details on that from Zipper soon.

Tech-wise, the lighting and shadowing systems look spot on. If you again glance on the combatant of the right side of the screenshot, his shadow looks soft yet accurate on the wall beside him. In the background, the building seems to reflect the hazy color of the vivid sky.

MAG is scheduled for release exclusively for the PlayStation 3 sometime in 2009.

From; PSU

Guest Jordan

At the moment, 360 > PS3.

Even though the 360 is prone to dying and sounds like a jet when it spins the DVD drive.

Just played the Naruto demo for the PS3... Oh my god, the combat totally destroys the 360's Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, just feels so much more... well, awesome!

Shame the demo only shows the combat side of the game rather then the adventure mode, but this is definitely going to get a purchase from me!

Decided to give this a blast and it it's incredible. Looks great and the fighting system has suprising depth. I too look forward to seeing how the adventure mode holds up. Very interested in this now. Too many good games coming! :)

Another secret game is set to be shown very soon.

PlaystationLifestyle got a very big scoop on 3 august.

A major new game will be announced.

(Do you think Killzone 2 looks amazing , are you thrilled about the 256 online player mode of MAG , Looking forward to the great gameplay of inFamous , I’m very thrilled to announce that the 3 previous games are NOTHING compared with the new announcement coming on 3 August. On Wednesday 30 July i will give you 2 hints. please check back on 3 August… for the announcement and again its a “ New Playstation 3 †exclusive †, Let the guessing and the waiting game begin ! (game will release late 2009)

PS: I would like to add that this has NOTHING to do with SE’s event on 2-3 August.

So we have this announcement, S-E stating that their annoucement at the S-E event will swing the Sony fans back towards them and Sony saying they will have a strong line up at Liepzig. I'd say things may finally be starting to pick up with the PS3.

At the moment, 360 > PS3.

Even though the 360 is prone to dying and sounds like a jet when it spins the DVD drive.

It's just now Blue-rays won,

Free online,

Home [though I havn't really looked into that],

Little big planet,

360's break alot,

and other than GOW2 there's not really any other exclusives that'd draw me to 360 [maybe the PGR series]. Can anyone remind me of the key 360 exclusives?!

Yes the Playstation controller has always sucked, but think I'd just have to get over it!

Then the games I'd be looking forward too...

RE5, LittleBigPlanet, SonicWorldAdventure, F1'09, maybe MGS4 [though only played MGS:TS], MAG has potential...

dunno though, doubt I'll ever make the 360/PS3 decision!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!