NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

With the correct burning software, anything is possible.

You can get BD-Burners and BD-R's now, although they are more expensive than actually buying a BD from a shop...

Oooo, so technically everything can be copied :o I presume (and hope) games are encrypted though.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to HOME...Seems a little lacking in online aspects. The message system works well, and is talking (presumably through an official headset only) to friends seamless?

Oooo, so technically everything can be copied :o I presume (and hope) games are encrypted though.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to HOME...Seems a little lacking in online aspects. The message system works well, and is talking (presumably through an official headset only) to friends seamless?

I've seen not seen any PS3 games on the scene... but they'de be huge if they were released. File size wise.

You can use any bluetooth headset, any at all. However i don't own one so i've not tried it.

I picked up a headset for about £12 from Play which works fine. Just dont get your hopes up about the online expirience its not as good as the 360.

Also

I'm really looking forward to HOME
so were most people a year ago :(

some newer films look awesome...but some older stuff does look great but not much better than an upscaled SD DVD...mostly because they were never filmed to be HD.

I picked up a headset for about £12 from Play which works fine. Just dont get your hopes up about the online expirience its not as good as the 360.

Also so were most people a year ago :(

I was mainly wanting it for GTA's online talking. Seems pretty good. I'm used to only using wii online so as you can imagine it's like a revelation :heh:

I was mainly wanting it for GTA's online talking. Seems pretty good. I'm used to only using wii online so as you can imagine it's like a revelation :heh:

I was the same lol. I want a bluetooth headset for MGO will be awesome, some great teamwork with jsut text, chat would be awesome.

I got Super Stardust HD. Its a real blast. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it since I'm not too big a fan of Geometry Wars. I love the fact you can actually have a custom soundtrack... It's actually one of the big reasons I bought it.

Edit: This is pretty addictive.

I think my PS3 is ill:(

Ever since I updated to 2.30 my PS3 has been getting really hot really quickly. The big main fan used to only come on during certain games or if I'd been playing for hours but now it comes on after 10-20 minutes of turning it on and I'm getting a bit worried. The fan is super noisy - that loud I have to turn my TV right up to hear the game and the air coming out is red hot but the actual BD is quite cool.

Does anyone else know why this might be happening? I have it standing vertically with I think, plenty of space for ventilation. I've already had a 360 red-ring on me hence the PS3 so I'd scream if my PS3 melted as well!

Any help/suggestions/advice would be great.:confused:

I picked up a headset for about £12 from Play which works fine.

Which one was that may I ask? I have no idea where to start with headsets.

I got Super Stardust HD. Its a real blast. I wasn't sure I'd enjoy it since I'm not too big a fan of Geometry Wars. I love the fact you can actually have a custom soundtrack... It's actually one of the big reasons I bought it.

Edit: This is pretty addictive.

I have been thinking about getting this some people big it up so much. I loved Everyday Shooter btw

I have been thinking about getting this some people big it up so much. I loved Everyday Shooter btw

I've was tempted to get that but the custom soundtrack sold SSHD for me. Quite often I just sit and listen to music on my PS3 (I f*cking love the earth visualization) so I thought I might as well play a game as well. :p

It also has co-op which is a big plus for me.

There is a demo you can try out. It takes a couple goes to 'click'.

Edit: I just downloaded the expansion and all I can say is that this is one of the most frantic best looking games on the PS3 all at 1080p.

Edit: Crap this is addictive. I haven't had this much fun since Space Invaders Extreme. I only intended to play it for about 10 minutes and now I've been on it for just over an hour. The custom soundtrack is a help.

Valve: "We're not PS3 developers".

Valve's main marketer Doug Lombardi was on hand recently to show off the latest version of the awesome looking PC, 360 zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead. But PS3 is being left out of the loop.

Lombardi told us, "We're not PS3 developers - we're doing PC and 360 like with Orange Box. EA came to us and said 'Wow, Orange box was an incredible project, can we do a PS3 version?'"

So does that mean if it's a hit someone else (EA again, maybe?) could port it over to PS3? "Left 4 Dead doesn't have that guaranteed appeal yet - it's a new IP," Lombardi explained.

"If you mention a new Half-Life, people want to make as many versions of it as possible. If Left 4 Dead is big, then we may see a PS3 version later, or if and when we do a sequel, people may be more interested in that.

"We're only 150 people, so there's only so many things we can do. But it's one of those things with partners, wanting to take on that investment and risk. I think until L4D is proven, you'll probably just see what we make in that franchise."

computerandvideogames.com

Valve: "We're not PS3 developers".

Valve's main marketer Doug Lombardi was on hand recently to show off the latest version of the awesome looking PC, 360 zombie shooter, Left 4 Dead. But PS3 is being left out of the loop.

Lombardi told us, "We're not PS3 developers - we're doing PC and 360 like with Orange Box. EA came to us and said 'Wow, Orange box was an incredible project, can we do a PS3 version?'"

So does that mean if it's a hit someone else (EA again, maybe?) could port it over to PS3? "Left 4 Dead doesn't have that guaranteed appeal yet - it's a new IP," Lombardi explained.

"If you mention a new Half-Life, people want to make as many versions of it as possible. If Left 4 Dead is big, then we may see a PS3 version later, or if and when we do a sequel, people may be more interested in that.

"We're only 150 people, so there's only so many things we can do. But it's one of those things with partners, wanting to take on that investment and risk. I think until L4D is proven, you'll probably just see what we make in that franchise."

computerandvideogames.com

I heard a while ago that it wasn't coming for PS3...I am gutted it looks so good...

Thats why I'm glad I have all 3 consoles this time around. Last time I only had a Gamecube so as you can imagine I missed out on a fair bit.

3 Consoles and 2 Handhelds is the only way to fly ;)

At the moment we are still seeing the 360/PC love but perhaps the PS3 will pull away from the 360 in a few years and we will see a role reversal? Who knows. Perhaps by then 360 owners will be ready for an upgraded system.

Owning all three systems is nothing but harming for the industry in my opinion. Gaming should be as accessible as possible. Guess it's always been this way though. IE - Buy a SNES and miss Sonic. Buy a PS1 and miss Mario64 etc...Choices, choices, choices...

Curse my student lifestyle!!

Just a reminder of whats on the PSN today.

6th May PlayStation Store update

PS3 Demos

Condemned 2

Haze

PS3 Games

Blast Factor Advanced

High Velocity Bowling

Street Skater

PS3 Content

Blast Factor Advanced Research

High Velocity Bowling Character - Mike

PS3 Trailers

Buzz! Quiz TV

Secret Agent Clank

Siren Blood Curse

PSP Games

Street Skater

PSP Trailers

Siren Blood Curse

Source: Eurogamer

Haze demo <3.

Should have brought my PSP to work and remote play downloaded it...

Haze demo <3.

Yeah, im really looking forward to playing it. Lets hope that Free Radical hasnt failed us.

A big interest of Haze for me is the Co-op and multiplayer. When the group has done stuff like Goldeneye and Timesplitters, the multiplayer has to be good, i'll be sad if it isn't :(

Haze demo! Yeah! and i'll probably purchase that bowling game....: peace:

Just nicked this from someone over at GT forums.

IGN import impressions of Valkyria Chronicles

"It's been a while since we played a truly brilliant RPG from SEGA. Thinking about it, the last one was probably Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast back in 2001. Part of the problem in recent years has been SEGA's lack of focus, with a handful of mediocre Shining Force spin-offs and dilution of Phantasy Star Online doing little to remind us of the Big S that was responsible for publishing such awesome RPGs as Shining Force III and Panzer Dragoon Saga. From what we've played of the Japanese version so far, Valkyria Chronicles could be right up there among SEGA's finest.

The English-language version of Valkyria probably won't be finished until much later this year, but the Japanese voice acting in place here is generally excellent. The story, too, treads a fine line between reality and fiction – it's not so daft you can't believe it to be true, yet it's not at all historically accurate. If you like your Japanese RPGs in human, believable settings, but with touches of visual flair (the watercolour graphics really are one of Valkyria's standout components) and complemented by satisfying, strategic battles, SEGA's latest shows all the signs of being able to satisfy your wish list. It could end up being the best SEGA RPG in almost a decade."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/871/871809p1.html

Awesome!

Haze Demo?

Shweeet. Defo gonna have to get on tonight.

PEOPLE ADD ME, ReZourceman, I have loads of people to add, but its easier if you add me because ;

A) I have like tens of people to add

B) Your names are mostly different to names on here.

C) Mines easy

D) Im easy

E) *Insert easy jokes here*

F) How many letters can I get to?

G) I reckon J.

H) Nah actually H.