NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I've thought about getting UT3 love all the mods that are coming out for it.

Yeah, plus I need some rampant mindless death. If enough peaople have it we need to have a forum game!

Anyone have any picture of the Facing Worlds map (I think it was called that) that came in the free map pack!? Does it look a lot better? I loved that map to death!!

Facing Worlds?

Face][ from UT Classic/2004 is where its at.

UT3 just doesn't feel like an Unreal games on consoles... or on PC. UT2004 was freaking awesome and always will be but i've never found the wanting to buy UT3.

Anyway, is MGO Beta in todays PSN update?

MGO Beta is up along with the new Warhawk expansion.

The stores icons are loading up much faster now too.

Bah, beaten to it! :)

Facing Worlds?

Face][ from UT Classic/2004 is where its at.

UT3 just doesn't feel like an Unreal games on consoles... or on PC. UT2004 was freaking awesome and always will be but i've never found the wanting to buy UT3.

Anyway, is MGO Beta in todays PSN update?

I can't remember what it was called...it's the famous one with the two towers floating in space. I loved th origional UT, didn't like UT04 as much.

I'm still looking forward to playing this though.

I can't freaking wait for MGO to start. This weekend belongs to MGS3 though. :p

woohoo will download MGO when I get home which wont be till 10.30 tho :(

Anyone registered for the Konami ID AND the Game ID??

I can't get through.

Why do we need 2 IDs?

Isn't it just the yanks who need both?

I logged onto the Beta, installed the update and it has on screen instructions to get both.

Why we can't use our PSN ID I have no idea. Pro Evo 2008 does.

This whole downloading a update via bit torrent on MGO is a joke, it's taking forever. Why can't it just be like a normal game?

What update? I thought we couldn't play it till Monday anyway.

What update? I thought we couldn't play it till Monday anyway.

Try and play it and it will prompt you with an update. God knows why.

...Still need to get my Konami ID crap. The servers are overloaded ffs.

SIREN: New Translation Trailer

Screens

he identity of the mysterious game Sony was promoting at its Japanese website earlier this week at last came to light today. Sure enough, the pools of blood on the page did not deceive: the new game is a PS3 installment of Siren.

Not Siren 3, though. Instead of a completely new title, Sony has decided to do a remake of sorts of the first PS2 Siren game, known internationally as Forbidden Siren. In its PS3 debut, the game will be called "Siren New Translation."

The visuals have been dramatically improved for the PS3. But that seems to be the smallest change on hand here.

If you browsed the teaser webpage prior to the full unveiling, you might have noted the English voices in the background. English voices don't exactly fit in with the motif of the original Siren, as anyone who played the localized versions of the original will attest to, but they're a key element of the remake. Sony has played around with the story, making it center now on an American television crew who comes to Japan on August 3, 2007 and gets to experience first hand what happens when that siren goes off.

Siren series producer Keiichro Toyama appeared in the latest issue of Famitsu to explain why his team decided to make this major change. As Toyama explained, he wanted to show Japanese horror from the perspective of a different culture. While the setting of the game remains mostly unchanged, the main characters are mostly foreign this time around.

Toyama also revealed that the structure of the game has changed. The game is now split into 12 episodes, each with an opening and ending sequence, and each comprised of parallel scenarios for multiple characters. You're required to play through the whole game in a set order -- a vast change from the original, which placed characters on a complicated scenario chart, known as the "Link Navigator," and allowed players to freely select scenarios at will. The Link Navigator is nowhere to be found this time around.

Despite the non-Japanese cast, Toyama assured readers of Famitsu that the basics of the series haven't changed, from that distinctive style of Japanese fear to the basic gameplay mechanics, including the "Shibito," the game's name for undead (literally "dead people"), and the sight jacking system, where you peer into the sights of other characters and zombies.

There have been a few updates to the gameplay, though. The map screen now displays your current position, a change that was originally implemented for Siren 2. The new map also provides a 3D view, allowing you to better grasp your surroundings.

The game gives you more actions for your characters now. According to Toriyama, it manages to do this without making the controls too complicated, by having some actions performed automatically, for instance.

New actions should come in handy, as the Shibito now attack more aggressively and have greater variety to their own motions. Plus, the Shibito will now come in new forms.

Toriyama also mentioned to Famitsu a new type of sight jacking system. He wouldn't get into specifics, but promised something that gives you a more direct taste of the game without stopping the action. The new system will also make it so that you're better able to understand the movements of the Shibito, allowing for a better paced game.

Siren New Translation will be released on July 24. But the wait for a taste of PS3 fear will come a lot sooner than that, as Sony will be releasing a demo through the PlayStation Network on April 25. This demo will let you play through the game's prologue section.

Those who can't wait even that long can get a sampling of the horror that awaits via this streaming trailer clip that Sony made available at the game's new official site today.

These release date and demo date are exclusively for Japan at the moment, as Sony has yet to announce an international release for Siren New Translation. The use of westerners as characters is a pretty good indication that the new title has been made to appeal to all audiences, though, so we expect to hear word of a release outside of Japan shortly.

Reminds me of RE4 and Silent Hill 3.

Reminds me of RE4 and Silent Hill 3.

How does it remind you of Silent Hill 3?

How does it remind you of Silent Hill 3?

Because the style of it

UT3 came today. Just and a go on it and so far it is pretty awesome. I like the feel of it. Reminds me of the original.

I did the optional install. Not sure if it made a difference. I think its about 2.5GBs.

Because the style of it

I can see your point but the traits the two games (Silent Hill 3 and the Siren remake) share are common throughout both games series.

I was just perplexed as to why you said Silent Hill 3 in particular. I agree with your point though.

Played some more Motorstorm. Don't like it at all. Seems weird how every little nick on a rock or anything and you blow up...

Might just Ebay it, not really my kind of game.

Lame lame lame lame lame!

I downloaded the update for Metal Gear Online, but now I can't create ******* konami ID.

Buggercunt.

Anyone help :( ?