NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

God, really enjoying Heavenly Sword. Near the end of chapter 2 right now, seems a lot better than I was expecting. Anyone else played it, and what did you think of it?

only played the demo and really didn't like it at all, not my kind of game

God, really enjoying Heavenly Sword. Near the end of chapter 2 right now, seems a lot better than I was expecting. Anyone else played it, and what did you think of it?

I finished it not long back and i agree, it is very good, especially some of the cutscenes with the gollum bloke.

The last boss is abit of a bastard, however it feels good when he's dead :)

New Firmwire update tomorrow to go along with the new Playstaion Store.

Quite excited :D

I finished it not long back and i agree, it is very good, especially some of the cutscenes with the gollum bloke.

The last boss is abit of a bastard, however it feels good when he's dead :)

Yeah cutscenes are great. The facial animation and voice acting is some of the best ive ever seen.

Also I didn't like the demo, It doesn't show you the full combat system which is very good.

Im glad you liked it. If you like the story of 2 then you will LOVE the story of 3 as there is alot more emotion to it.

Reading that just made me so excited. :p

I'm going to save it for next weekend. Might try and play over MGS2 during the week. I really like Raiden. He annoyed me at first but by the end I thought he was great. I thought Solidus was a bit crap tbh.

I'm actually really glad I've only started playing them now because I'm sure I definitely wouldn't have appreciated all the ideas and dialog anywhere near as much if I had got them on release.

Yeah i love it, i'm on the last level, it's great! Hard level though....:blank:

New Firmwire update tomorrow to go along with the new Playstaion Store.

Quite excited :D

yeah me to actually...probably will only get the store update, but you never know may be other things...

yeah me to actually...probably will only get the store update, but you never know may be other things...

Is it today now then? or is it tomorrow 15/04?

Just the new store.

Its very quick loading however most of the images are broken...

Very clean, but i'd still say i prefer XBLM.

Very clean, but i'd still say i prefer XBLM.

Now now, no need to turn this into another versus debate.

Downloading the new update now :smile:

hope it's worth switching my PS3 on for... >>

Now now, no need to turn this into another versus debate.

That wasn't my intention...

New store = better than before, broken images = fail (they should have had these working for the amount of time they took to change it) but otherwise it's yeah... better.

But XBLM and even the Wii shop channel (in terms of design not load times) pwns it imo. :heh:

New store = better than before, broken images = fail (they should have had these working for the amount of time they took to change it) but otherwise it's yeah... better.

But XBLM and even the Wii shop channel (in terms of design not load times) pwns it imo. :heh:

well thats disappointing to hear seem as its been touted as the solution to the previous version problems....

Ahh well still got MGS Online Beta to look forward to.

The Wii Shop channel is an awful design in terms of looking at products, they put too little on the pages :/

Thats true, theres jack all games per page and the loading times between them are pretty disgraceful.

There aren't many games per page on the PSN either though :/ yes the load times are better than the Wii's shop channel but the broken images on the PSN just make it feel incomplete...

Also I like the minimalism of the Wii shop channel and I'm not sure but I think there is actually an option to display more results per page, anyways the new PSN is an improvement on the old, I just think the broken images look shoddy and they maybe went a bit overkill with the blue. :S

The broken images won't stay like that you know, it's just came out today there's obviously gonna be a few bugs or slow servers with everyone downloading it...

Anyways i love it, really nice to navigate compared to the old store. I would say it's about on par with Marketplace now.

Anyone know how you preview videos?

Yeah and it will look a lot better when the images are fixed :smile: I still prefer Marketplace though but as long as shop channels have the content I want and I can get to them without too much hassle I really don't mind. :heh:

I have to say in its current state it is worse than the previous version...but it will be better when they sort out the problems. I kind of think the problems are really inexcusable considering we havn't had updates for the last few weeks.

Just read on GT forums that a Haze demo is coming to the PSN in early may! Sweet!

that would be sweet, definitly need to check it out before buying it.