NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

There confirmed by Sony.

Really ?

Just that the X and O buttons dont look like fit and the little trolley in the top right looks to big for its box

But if there confirmed then great :yay:

well if that is the new look I will be pretty happy if Playstation Store looks like that...

GT5:P sold well for a demo.

This happened before with the launch of ‘GT4: Prologue’ on PS2 in June 2004…10 months later the full product was launched (Gran Turismo 4, March 2005). ‘GT5: Prologue’ becomes the fastest-selling PS3 title within a week (19th overall).

01 (__) [PS3] Gran Turismo 5: Prologue (Sony Computer Ent.)

02 (01) [360] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)

03 (02) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)

04 (03) [PS3] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (Ubisoft)

05 (__) [WII] Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)

Question : - Do PS1 games that are downloaded from the PSN run at full screen?

Crisis Core arrived this morning and after 2 hours play im already in love with it. Angeal and Zack>>>>>>>>Cloud

Hmmmm. Im tempted by the game. So its like a 3D Action Adventure RPG?

Yeah. There are random encounters but you do your fighting in real-time much like Kingdom Hearts. There is also a slot machine system which allows you to level up and powers you up in battle, still trying to get my head around that though :)

So cheesed off. Walking around Cheshire Oaks all the electrical shop; hmv, game, Currys, all had offers on 40GB PS3s.

I thought they'd stopped making them. I was cheesed off anyhow.

Shit I'm getting confused with 360s.

60GB was the back compat one and the 40GB was the loewst one from that with no back compat.

I'm an idiot. I thought there were 20GB PS3s

So I finally manage to find a memory card, at a decent price and some time to sit down and play portable opps. Loved the way they tell the story through the sketched panals. Looks really cool. Unfortunatly 10 minutes into playing it the textures on one of the guards seemed to smear across the screen and then another minute later the game freezes on me and won't turn back on.

I left it for a couple of hours and tried monster hunter. 10 minutes in the game just freezes again.

ARGHHHH

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you guys would know if this is a result of a dodgy memory card or the sytem itself. I just don't want to exchange the system and put the memory card in again and the same thing happen, as I fear I may not be able to exchange the system a second time.

Would really appreciate your guys thoughts.

Is anyone able to get PS2 games running at proper full screen on their PS3 without two black sidebars? If so how and on which TV? I'm currently using a Samsung and I can't seem to be able to get it to display them in proper or even stretched full screen, it's annoying cos it's so close lol, two small bars either side though :/ was just wondering if anyone has managed to get full screen out of their PS2 games on a PS3, thanks. :smile:

Change the PS2 upscaling to full.

I tried that but I still get bars. :/

Capcom's "Monster Hunter Freedom 2G" ships more than 1 million units in just 6 days in Japan!

- The newest is also the fastest in the series to become a million-seller -

Capcom is pleased to announce that "Monster Hunter Freedom 2G" for the PlayStation®Portable (PSP®) has shipped over 1 million units in Japan.

The "Monster Hunter" series is a hunting action game centered on epic battles with giant monsters in the grandeur of the great outdoors. Since the release of the first Monster Hunter title in 2004 for the PlayStation®2, the series has sold a total of 6.3 million units (as of April 1, 2008) and is one of our most valued titles.

"Monster Hunter Freedom 2G", the long awaited sequel to the '#1-selling game for the PSP®', was released in Japan on March 27, 2008. The overwhelming success and popularity of the Monster Hunter franchise together with a renewed focus on co-operative play has gained this title tremendous support. Also, in addition to new regions and monsters, the introduction of the Felyne Comrade System along with the ability to transfer data over from "Monster Hunter Freedom 2" has been very well-received. This has resulted in more a million units being moved in only 6 days since the game’s release. We anticipate that this title will be a long-seller, as have all of the games in the Monster Hunter franchise.

As always, we at Capcom will continue to strive to develop new and original games that appeal to a broad audience around the world while expanding our properties for multiple platforms. We believe that by bringing the "Monster Hunter" series to multiple platforms, it will help the franchise reach an even greater number of users eager for its unique gameplay.

Product Details】1. Title (1) Monster Hunter Freedom 2G

(2) Monster Hunter Freedom 2G PSP® Pack

(PSP® Slim & Lite Entertainment Pack)

2. Genre Hunting Action

2. Platforms PSP® (PlayStation®Portable)

3. Release Date March 27, 2008

* "PlayStation" and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment.

capcom.co.jp

I tried that but I still get bars. :/

It must be some USA thing then.

It must be some USA thing then.

Possibly... though I googled the issue and it's occoured on both PAL and USA PS3's, so it's probably the TV... mines a 23" Samsung.

I'm not liking I get a bit of screen blur is all I can explain it as. Watching House, for example, when it fades to black for the end of the show it still had a silhouette...

Another example is starting up PAIN. The logos of companies pop up on a black screen. When the logo fades away it leaves a silhouette of the image on the screen. Dark black on Black.

Another thing is my controller decided that pressing down was the new staying level. Even though the down button wasnt pressed it was going down. Twatted it pretty hard and it was fine. Just scared me is all.

Do I need to patch my games when using the Dual Shock 3? It's on the way!

Do I need to patch my games when using the Dual Shock 3? It's on the way!

Nope but you do need to connect it to the PS3 with the USB cable once, and to charge it, other than that your good to go. :smile:

*edit* question for Dom (or anyone else with a USA PS3) : do PS2 games run at proper full screen for you on your USA PS3? If so what cable and tv are you using? I'd really like to get those USA PS2 games running in fullscreen if possible. ^^

I'm currently using... Samsung 23" TV, HDMI 1.3a lead (even though it says on the cable it's 1.3) and I'm running it through an AV box which has HDMI passthrough, any help appreciated; thanks. :smile:

Crazy success for MOnster Hunter there, imagine the sales if it was on the ds!!!

This is going to sell like crazy on the Wii! Not that it needs any help!