NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

As in game.co.uk? Are they good online or something? Surely play and amazon are better no?

nah...play don't always turn up launch, amazon are ok but game.co.uk have really got good recently...their prices are getting more competitive all the time and games turn up on the thursday or sometimes even the wednesday, plus get a reward card and you get points for nothing...

GT5P, Everybodys Golf and GoW:CoO finally arrived.

I was hoping to get straight on GT5P but I see you have to install it. I did that, getting all excited at this point and then I see there is an update to download! Im now on my 3rd attempt of downloading the update as it keeps getting halfway and then saying its failed. There is a topic over on GT with many a peeps with the same problem. Hopefully I will get to play it today......

EDIT: Finally worked! Now to go buy me a car :)

So whats GT5 Prologue like then?

I bought GOW for PSP today, and Ive never played a God Of War game before so I shall post my impressions later.

I'm finding Gran Turismo to be excellent so far, done most of the first class of races and I'm still enjoying going back for more. Need to give it a really good go this weekend but so far its looking good. I think the only thing that may let it down is a lack of different tracks.

I'm finding Gran Turismo to be excellent so far' date=' done most of the first class of races and I'm still enjoying going back for more. Need to give it a really good go this weekend but so far its looking good. I think the only thing that may let it down is a lack of different tracks.[/quote']

Yeah its awesome although not being able to buy upgrades has pushed me to be a better driver. Usually in GT I buy a half decent car and then upgrade the hell out of it.

Just got gold in the C class race where you have to overtake everyone in 1 lap. It took many, many attempts but at least I scored alot of cash on the way.

Anyway I wont go on about the game in here anymore seeing as we have a topic for it elsewhere.

Just finished downloading and instaling updates for Pain.

It's a pretty fun game. Not much appeal to keep going back at it and get a high score which is quite a shame seen as though I paid a fiver for it.

Gonna go into town now and get Gran Turismo, can't wait!

(£20 in Woolies....dunno what the price is anywhere else mind...well I saw it £25 in an indy shop)

PS3 leading year-to-date sales battle with 360; Sony and Microsoft consoles see over 70 per cent sales boost.

The race between Xbox 360 and PS3 shifted up a notch this past week as both consoles saw huge leaps in hardware sales, thanks to the Easter break.

Though PS3 is still outselling 360 regularly week-on-week and in terms of year-to-date sales, the Sony and Microsoft platforms both saw a 73 and 78 per cent rise in hardware sales respectively this week.

Nintendo’s mega-selling Wii and DS also saw significant rises, despite stock concerns.

ChartTrack data obtained by MCV suggests that the Easter break also saw a significant boost for software sales as parents and school kids rushed to the High Street to snap up the latest releases.

“Week 12 fell during Easter so we saw software and hardware up across the board,” ChartTrack director Dorian Bloch told MCV.

“PS3 and Xbox 360 are pretty much neck and neck at the moment, with PS3 slightly ahead. Software was up, and the formats that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 appeared on did especially well.”

Retailer activity, particularly from Dixons and Argos, have boosted already strong PS3 sales – and there’s more to come, said Bloch.

“The release of GT5 Prologue and its bundle will see a further rise on PS3 after its release. PS3 has been outselling Xbox 360 for some time, but last week they were pretty close. In terms of sales so far this year, PS3 is ahead.”

But it’s not over yet – a split Easter period means that the sales bonanza will continue into next week, added Bloch. “Some schools are on holiday so next week will be similar, as there are a lot of product slated for March 28th. We’ve seen bumper sales this week and we can expect the same for next week.”

WEEK-ON-WEEK HARDWARE SALES

• 360 - Up 78 per cent
  • PS3 - Up 73 per cent
  • Wii - Up 37 per cent
  • DS - Up 32 per cent
  • PSP - Up 10 per cent

www.mcvuk.com

Just finished downloading and instaling updates for Pain.

It's a pretty fun game. Not much appeal to keep going back at it and get a high score which is quite a shame seen as though I paid a fiver for it.

You done toss the mime and all that stuff?

I hope they release new levels for it soon. I downloaded the ninja character, hes pretty funny!

Also, I just installed my 320GB HD. Could Sony screw those screws ANY tighter?!? Jesus, I thought I had completely skinned them!

Yeah I've done the mime one and the monkey one and the explosive one.

If there aren't any more levels than that downtown one it has to be the worst £5 I've spent on a game.

Yeah I've done the mime one and the monkey one and the explosive one.

If there aren't any more levels than that downtown one it has to be the worst £5 I've spent on a game.

I thought it was pretty fun. I definitely wouldn't pay more than £5 for it. I'd consider buying another level for £2 but no more.

Man Everybody's Golf is addictive! So much fun. Looks pretty too! :D I've just been giving a few rounds online ^_^

Man Everybody's Golf is addictive! So much fun. Looks pretty too! :D I've just been giving a few rounds online ^_^

Agreed. The graphics are gorgeous and the game is such a blast.

Are all the characters in Everybody's Golf slutty school girls?!

Lol no no, there's guys in there too :P

Lol no no, there's guys in there too :P

The only reason I ask is because my girlfriend may think I have some strange fetish otherwise...thinking of getting this once I have completed a few other games...

Agreed. The graphics are gorgeous and the game is such a blast.

Don't make me want it! :heh::smile:

YEY! Wild Arms XF and Jeanne D Arc just arrived, still no Crisis Core though :(

Where did you get Jeanne D'Ark from and how much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

New PSP?

Not long after Sony unleashed its updated model of the PlayStation Portable, affectionately named PSP Slim & Lite, there's an interesting placeholder image found on Sony Computer Entertainment's website for instruction manuals that raises eyebrows.

in_3000.gif

PSP-3000_qjpreviewth.jpg

The image says "3000 series" on the PSP website, and it's inevitable for people to speculate that a new line of the handheld is at least in the works.