NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Really enjoying Prince of Persia. May even buy it. :)

I bought it and loved it for a few hours, then it got a little boring. Still worth it though for about £20.

OK so I'm going to buy a new hard drive. I only want to pay £45 for one. Suggestions?

Thing is if the PS3 stops loading some of my games in the menus (eg when trying to enter an online game in Resistance) is that really a harddrive problem?

I would do what Choze said. Ring up sony and see what they say before u start spending on money on other things.

But I don't have a receipt, don't know how to figure out warranty etc. I can't phone up myself because I don't have any credit details etc so...

OK will have to try that then. Hope it's in the warranty.

How did the conversation go? What details did you need to give?

OK will have to try that then. Hope it's in the warranty.

How did the conversation go? What details did you need to give?

when i spoke to them a while back they asked for the serial number, when id bought the console and how long id had it.

in the end they said take it back to the shop, they will exchange it for free. the guy also recognised my accent as south sheilds. i was impressed.

Yeah, serial number and when I bought it...and if I'd thrown it down stairs.

They swapped it the first time and fixed it the second time.

Stupid blu ray diode.

Credit to Sony. Their customer service is very good.

I didn't buy it from a shop, I eBayed it...

Shouldn't matter. If it did, a lot of people who got one as a present would be screwed.

Stop being scared and talk to them. So you know your options.

We will help you.

You maybe can even ask them if they think its a HDD issue?

Yeah so what's the number? The UK one?

This is the number for the UK Playstation Careline:

08705 99 88 77

Strongly recommend Prince of Persia to everyone who has not tried it out yet. Its fantastic :)

Bear in mind i didnt like previous Prince of Persia's

Harmonix CEO Interview

Ars Technica: We spoke to someone else at Harmonix about Amplitude, and I believe Sony owns that property?

Rigopulos: They do, yeah.

Ars Technica: Has there been a conversation about bringing that game to the PlayStation Network? You've proven the formula, and you can say "From the people who brought you Rock Band."

Rigopulos: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Ars Technica: It seems like it would be a mutually beneficial thing to do.

Rigopulos: I would love to. That game is still close to my heart. I love it. I'd love to do a sequel to Amplitude, actually. It's an issue of prioritization. It's challenging enough to keep the Rock Band train on the tracks. (Editors note: earlier that day, Rigopulos had announced that there would be no new Rock Band sequel in 2009, in order for Harmonix to focus fully on the Beatles title.) We've grown from about 80 or 90 people a couple years ago to more than 300 now, and managing that kind of growth takes focus.

For us, that lingering question of "what are we going to do about Amplitude" is still very much out there. I would love to come back and do it right for the PlayStation 3, for example.

Ars Technica: Has there been a conversation with Sony about that?

Rigopulos: Oh, yes. They... I think they recognize that the environment for that game is different now than it was six years ago when it was first released. I'd love to see us come back to it at some point.

Recently got a refurbished 60gb PAL PS3 and it randomly keeps freezing and then when I turn it back on it beeps and then turns itself off and the red light flashes.

Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

No but in the instruction manual I read today if it does that I think it is because the vents are blocked/it is getting too hot.

May not be the case but...

Recently got a refurbished 60gb PAL PS3 and it randomly keeps freezing and then when I turn it back on it beeps and then turns itself off and the red light flashes.

Has anyone had this sort of problem before?

Red light flashing is kind of serious unlike Dwarf's issue which is likely only hdd based. Though Dwarf has to worry about getting his save files backed up.

I get the feeling some sellers are making a killing on ebay selling PS3 without giving customers their original reciepts or guarantees. You dont know what these machines have been through so assume the worst. Follow advice givena bove.

Tried the GTi Club HD demo today. Great fun! Strictly an arcade racer, but i prefer the arcade-style racers anyway. I may give it a full download as a diversion until SFIV and KZ2 drops

Cant get over how nice Prince of Persia is. I think i will buy the Special edition. Liking it so much. Rentals are great. I cant believe i was so closed minded in regards to this. There is alot of unique ideas int he game which werent really acknowledged perhaps because people focused solely on the artstyle.

baetx.jpg

efgbp4.jpg

2gx432a.jpg

Reminds me to play Time Crisis 4 and 3. I got the gun but havent had the chance to play due to the setup being annoying.

Just got myself a PS3 with LittleBigPlanet and GTA IV and 2 pads for £215 :) can't wait to get on it. Few Q's

What can I expect / how awesome is it?

How does it compere to an xbox 360?

What's 'Home' like?

What PSN games are good, how are they priced? (i.e are they a rip off?)

Should I just get rid of my xbox now? (I hate gears, halo and fable 2...)

Cheers! : peace:

Firstly thats a hell of a deal, makes me wish id waited!

Im personally enamored with the direction Sony took with the PS3. Its a giant leap over the PS2 and a justifiable purchase from last gen.

I think youll find Sony did a great job evolving the XMB and PSN. It works great wired or wireless and its FREE

Home is impressive but ill admit to not having touched it in a few weeks. It needs big and constant updates to stay relevent

And yes you should get rid of your 360 before it gets rid of itself :heh:

Also PSN games i recommend: SF2Turbo HD, Castlevania SOTN, Elefunk, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Super Stardust and more im sure im forgetting