NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I didn't think the combat was too bad.

I didn't really want to put in the effort though.

I am having a period where I have got bored of my games. I've lost stats on Resistance, I cba to play LittleBigPlanet and Motorstorm is too damn difficult and time-consuming.

I need something else, but I don't think Saints Row is it. I don't know what 'it' is.

Fallout 3 - I love it!

*Edit - just noticed you've got it!*

Ok how about - Smackdown V's Raw 2009 - fucking hilarious online if you have mics!!!

Hehe, I completed Fallout 3 a while back before tropies came out :( I did loads of quests and stuff too!

WWE games for me are a bit mind-numbing if I'm being honest. There really isn't a lot. I've only got a couple of PSN games maybe I should try out some more.

I played some Super stardust HD earlier. I never realised how good it was.

Then half way through the first level I noticed a weird feeling in my hands.

Then I realised that it was the rumble. That was a strange moment.

Hehe, that's what you paid £40 for!

Just had a quality idea Cooky. For one or two races should we just park our monster trucks on the finish line of The sharkmouth level so that no-one can get past? That would be quality to see who would win lol!

I am having a period where I have got bored of my games. I've lost stats on Resistance, I cba to play LittleBigPlanet and Motorstorm is too damn difficult and time-consuming.

I need something else, but I don't think Saints Row is it. I don't know what 'it' is.

I have started to drift away from the PS3 back to the Wii now. Animal Crossing has me by the balls, and I have rediscovered Mario Kart. Although I am sure I will swing back when Killzone 2/SFIV/RE5 Hits:yay:

348g2ah.gif

33m4ape.gif

I still have a huge backlog. But i am giving gaming a backseat till Killzone. Want to rest abit. :heh:

Motorstorm is too hard later and the trophies arent worth it imo unless you are hardcore.

http://www.lovefilm.com

Read the review. Was amusing even if it wasn't totally well written. I thought you were putting too much emphasis on the GTA comparison, but maybe that was what you were going for?

Anyway good read :)

I was wondering, did you guys know that apparently, Blu Ray dics are very hard to scratch. I read this somewhere (probably wiki) and have just been reminded after I purchased lost planet today. The disc is immaculate as are the rest of my games, so I am inclinded to believe this, and makes me all the more happy to buy used games, which i have been avoiding as I know it makes the games company zilch cash with the store getting everything.

PSN update was a bit crap. No SingStar update as far as I can see.

From next week I'll try and take a break from gaming until KZ2 is out.

Try but fail probably.

Read the review. Was amusing even if it wasn't totally well written. I thought you were putting too much emphasis on the GTA comparison, but maybe that was what you were going for?

Anyway good read :)

It was a bit rushed and I couldn't really help going on about how much more fun I thought it was. It's a bit hard avoiding comparisons with GTA since that's the game everyone has played. Basically if anyone was disappointed by GTA then they should get SR2 imo.

At least I hope it was vaguely entertaining to read. :heh:

Yeah, I know it can draw similarities but I think it was mentioned 3 times too many.

And I wouldn't worry that none of the money that you pay for second-hand games goes to the company that made it because 1 copy won't make a difference. Plus it was probably bought from that store, or another store anyway.

Yeah, I know it can draw similarities but I think it was mentioned 3 times too many.

You're right. It's more a bias comparison article really. :heh:

I was going to say it was barely a review lol. Obviously you got carried away by mentioning fun and cool things instead of gameplay elements and sound (basically all the aspects of a game review).

Oh well, you can't go wrong with the phrase '____ shits on ____ from a great height' ;)

I was wondering, did you guys know that apparently, Blu Ray dics are very hard to scratch. I read this somewhere (probably wiki) and have just been reminded after I purchased lost planet today. The disc is immaculate as are the rest of my games, so I am inclinded to believe this, and makes me all the more happy to buy used games, which i have been avoiding as I know it makes the games company zilch cash with the store getting everything.

Yey i did read the same thing once. Mine also have hardly any marks on any of them.

I was going to say it was barely a review lol. Obviously you got carried away by mentioning fun and cool things instead of gameplay elements and sound (basically all the aspects of a game review).

Oh well, you can't go wrong with the phrase '____ shits on ____ from a great height' ;)

lol, yeah.

Good thing I titled it 'Elated Review'. :heh:

No point in writing a proper review though since if anyone wants one of those they'll go to a big site.

Saints row 2 is on my rental list ;)

Yeah everytime i rent a DVD i am reminded of how filthy human beings are. Blu Ray just masks that.

I've been sent grubby and once a cracked Blu-Ray disks. Silly LoveFilm.

I've been sent grubby and once a cracked Blu-Ray disks. Silly LoveFilm.

I have seen afew with a very very light scratch. Dirty ones yes. But all seem near new at worst. Some DVD's on the other hand i dont feel confortable putting them in the PS3...

Just had a quality idea Cooky. For one or two races should we just park our monster trucks on the finish line of The sharkmouth level so that no-one can get past? That would be quality to see who would win lol!

Man thats just evil but I like it!

: peace:

I wanna do it! Now a good time for you? LOL this is gonna be sweet!

Hell yeah - catch you online!

:heh:

Persona PSP?

Hong Kong gaming magazine GameWave, in their latest issue (dated January 22nd), claims to have information on a very interesting upcoming Japanese PSP game: a port of the original PS1 Persona. While the information hasn't been confirmed just yet, GameWave was also the source to break the news about the releases of both Disgaea 2 and Mobile Suit Gundam: Bonds of the Battlefield for PSP. So, their track record for PSP info seems to be pretty decent, especially give that the magazine even goes so far as to give the product number for the PSP Persona release (ULJM05422).

So, what can we expect from the game? The extent of the port is not yet known, including if this will indeed be more of a straight port or may lean more towards the "remake" side of things. However, supposedly we will be getting some new characters, along with additional storyline elements and scenarios. The release is said to hit in Japan on April 30th, with a pricepoint of 5040 yen. (I'd give the dollar conversion, but really, the yen/dollar rate right now makes me too sad to even think about it.)

If you recall our interview with Persona 4 director Katsura Hashino (and if you don't, go read it here), he did say that Atlus had "various plans for the Persona series," so this indeed could be one of them. Hopefully Atlus of Japan will give some sort of official confirmation soon, and then we can wait for the day when Atlus USA hopefully announces a North American release.

Thanks to our own Nick Des Barres for the details on this news, and Aeana on NeoGAF for clarification on this being labeled a port.

2pyro9d.gif

New video in the battle section of Yakuza 3 site.