NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

me to they better have it sorted for tomorrow...

I'm at work tomorrow till about 7 so it doesn't really become an issue until then. Konami really should have said something when they announced the Beta, not a couple days before it goes active. And why the hell do we even need another ID? Two as well!! :indeed:

I managed to get a konami ID! I downloaded the update (left my ps3 on overnight...) and I'm now ready for tomorrow :D

I managed to get a konami ID! I downloaded the update (left my ps3 on overnight...) and I'm now ready for tomorrow :D

how did u get ID?

I finally got it as well. Still can't log in on the game though but that isn't really a surprise since the servers aren't open. What does it start? At midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow??

how did u get ID?

It just worked this morning, I don't know why. Keep trying! :(

I finally got it as well. Still can't log in on the game though but that isn't really a surprise since the servers aren't open. What does it start? At midnight tonight or sometime tomorrow??

No idea! But everyone from NE should (if we get the option) play some games on the same team at a designated time tomorrow. I belive the correct term is creating a 'clan' :D. Who's up for that?

Finally back in my own house! Downloaded the update for the new store and loving the new look and feel of it!

Might get both of the new expansions for Warhawk today, or atleast the first one. Really in the mood for some Plane action!

Was playing Resistance yesterday. I can't really be bothered with it in single player but a mate came round and spent a couple hours going through it in co-op (Actually the reason I bought it, I love local co-op.). Was a lot more fun, especially the bit in the jeep! Better than the warthog imo. I loved smashing through stuff.

Also played UT3 today. Campaign is so much better when you active the option that lets other people jump in and play. I'm really loving it. The controls are perfect. My only minor gripe is turning 180 quickly, I wish there was a quick way of doing it. Any news on it being updated to do split screen like the 360 version?

First trailer came out and it looks silky smooth.

I don't plan to get it, UT on consoles just doesn't work for me.

Finally back in my own house! Downloaded the update for the new store and loving the new look and feel of it!

Might get both of the new expansions for Warhawk today, or atleast the first one. Really in the mood for some Plane action!

Agree with that, new store is excellent. Much better than before.

Motorstorm is weird. I find it repetitive, frustrating and rage inducing, yet at the same time it's addictive and I keep putting the disc in my PS3. The rubber banding is the one thing I do really hate about that game though.

Was playing Resistance yesterday. I can't really be bothered with it in single player but a mate came round and spent a couple hours going through it in co-op (Actually the reason I bought it, I love local co-op.). Was a lot more fun, especially the bit in the jeep! Better than the warthog imo. I loved smashing through stuff.

Also played UT3 today. Campaign is so much better when you active the option that lets other people jump in and play. I'm really loving it. The controls are perfect. My only minor gripe is turning 180 quickly, I wish there was a quick way of doing it. Any news on it being updated to do split screen like the 360 version?

I hate the single player campaign. There are some multiplayer games I just don't want to play and in single player you obviously have to play them. Some drag on for ages as well.

First trailer came out and it looks silky smooth.

I don't plan to get it, UT on consoles just doesn't work for me.

I didn't think I'd like it this much but I keep pulling off shots I'd only expect to do on the PC version which has allayed my initial concerns completely. I'm really annoyed they took Facing worlds (or whatever its called, the one with the two towers, you know the one I'm talking about :p) out of space. It looks lame in a jungle.

I hate the single player campaign. There are some multiplayer games I just don't want to play and in single player you obviously have to play them. Some drag on for ages as well.

Yeah, I found that the other day but now that I've switched it to LAN campaign its not just me doing ALL the leg work like when I only have bots on my team. Plus the online is seamless. I'm really impressed. I'd still like a split screen option.

Daft, last month in this thread we were talking about changing the online pic on the PS3 and we couldn't find out how to do it.

Well i have now worked out how! (took me long enough!)

Go to account management, then profile management, one of the many options on that page is to edit your profile or something (i can't remember the link names exacly but its along them lines). It then takes you through the stages again of like when you registered for the first time and the first option is to change ur pic!

It seems pics get added by what games you play. I got loads of ones that were there that was not there when i got the console. I changed mine the other day to a ratchet and clank one.

Lol, cheers Mike! I figured this out the other day as well. My slight OCD even led me to delete my Burnout save so I could change the picture on the license! :p

Metal Gear Beta delayed!

Stick a fork in it, this beta's almost done. Konami have just issued a statement on the Metal Gear Online site, which reads:

...we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected. As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server. We would like to apologize for all inconveniences as well as confusion caused.

As a result, the beta's start date - which was meant to be today - has been postponed, with an announcement on a new date expected on Tuesday (Europe: "we will be suspending the European public beta test and restart it once we stabilize our server"). To compensate for this, the beta will be run for another week, and is now due to end on the 11th of May, rather than the 6th. Good thing Konami are doing all this now, such a loooooong time before the game's due for release, because if they left it to the last minute (like, a month and a half before release, say), people might start to worry!

From Kotaku

So I bought a PS2 today. Games:

SotC

ICO

MGS3

FFVII

FFX

FFX2

Tales of Destiny

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom hearts 2

God of War

God of War 2

Rouge Galaxy

Onimusha 3

Soul Caliber 3

Tekken 5

Ratchet and Clank

Silent Hill 4

Silent Hill Origins

and others

GTA3 San Andreas

Apart from GTA3 never played any of them before, so should be fun. Was going to buy a PS3 but thought otherwise. Any other games you guys recommend?

Devil May Cry 3

Metal Gear Solid 3

Xenosaga trilogy

Ecco? :wtf: (I liked it :heh: )

So I bought a PS2 today. Games:

SotC

ICO

MGS3

FFVII

FFX

FFX2

Tales of Destiny

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom hearts 2

God of War

God of War 2

Rouge Galaxy

Onimusha 3

Soul Caliber 3

Tekken 5

Ratchet and Clank

Silent Hill 4

Silent Hill Origins

and others

GTA3 San Andreas

Apart from GTA3 never played any of them before, so should be fun. Was going to buy a PS3 but thought otherwise. Any other games you guys recommend?

Disgaea + Disgaea 2. (Mandatory purchases....unless you have a PSP for the superior version of Disgaea.)

Lol, cheers Mike! I figured this out the other day as well. My slight OCD even led me to delete my Burnout save so I could change the picture on the license! :p

Lol. I can't understand why i didn't notice it before! I'm sure i remember looking at all them options as well! Oh well...

Lol. I can't understand why i didn't notice it before! I'm sure i remember looking at all them options as well! Oh well...

I know. When I came across it I felt incredibly dumb! :heh:

Edit: Are there any good games out or coming to the PSN? (Not big ones like Warhawk) I keep looking at XBL and there are loads of things constantly coming out for it but the PSN is a little empty.

Has MGO been delayed again or something?

Yep read in the MGS4 thread...Konami couldn't handle the high volume of users and traffic...

It's a terrible shame for the Beta because means I won't play it half as much as I would have done, because of GTA