Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Gamespot US fires Jeff Gerstmann over Kane & Lynch review

martinist

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a shame, the bloke has written some pretty good and honest reviews. He wrote the only review of TP that i actually agreed with (mainstream site reviews anyway) and various others that seemed to be his honest opinion.

Will be a bit of a blow to Gamespot, only visited they're site to read his reviews, as i know a lot of others did. Must suck to be sacked from a place you put so much time and effort in to building up...

Its not great.

Jeff always gave his utmost to Gamespot. Being editorial chief, running the podcast and 2 weekly live webcasts.

He was the only member left of the original GS crew. I actually canceled my subscription over this, giving into advertising pressure is a fucking joke.

Yeah this quote is from the first page but whatever, I agree with it, and I also canceled my Total Access sub. Booo!

I don't know why 1UP are getting their knickers in a twist, their reviews are usually as bad if not worse than Jeff's!

:indeed:

Maybe it's because of the implications such practices can have on the industry and they may just think that Jeff got an unfair dismissal, and they want to show there support for him, and dissapointment with CNET.

Usually they're pretty good, but there has been times when they have slipped up badly.

Its a shame about the Resi 4 one, I have no clue about flight simulator, but you can't really expect to agree with all their reviews. Like Phee said, it is an opinion. Reading the review though I think the score doesn't reflect the review. And 7 is still a pretty good mark. :heh:

Its a shame about the Resi 4 one, I have no clue about flight simulator, but you can't really expect to agree with all their reviews. Like Phee said, it is an opinion. Reading the review though I think the score doesn't reflect the review. And 7 is still a pretty good mark. :heh:

Well 7 was because it's pretty much just a rerelease with Wii controls. The Original RE4 review was praise upon praise and got 9/10

Well 7 was because it's pretty much just a rerelease with Wii controls. The Original RE4 review was praise upon praise and got 9/10

Yeah, sorry, I was thinking that but for some dumb reason I didn't write it down! :heh:

It was the first time I had played Resi 4 so I would happily have given it more but if I had played the Gamecube version I probably would have passed on this all together.

*Bawww*7 for RE4 on Wii. The fatso deserved the sack!*Bawww*

That review is from someone else on Cnet.com.

Nice to see you have a personal dislike for the guy that makes it pretty obvious your arguments against him are biased.

That review is from someone else on Cnet.com.

Nice to see you have a personal dislike for the guy that makes it pretty obvious your arguments against him are biased.

Yeah I do have a personal dislike for him. I know what Eidos and CNET have done is wrong. But I'm still happy about it. He was a jerk.

7 for RE4 on Wii. The fatso deserved the sack!

Yeah I do have a personal dislike for him. I know what Eidos and CNET have done is wrong. But I'm still happy about it. He was a jerk.

I disagree, I found him to contradict himself and give scores to create a buzz and stir up controversy.

This better not be about the Zelda review. If you start you're Nintendo fanboy-ness in here i'll kick you back to the Wii board

This better not be about the Zelda review. If you start you're Nintendo fanboy-ness in here i'll kick you back to the Wii board

Haha, excellent.

Yeah, Zelda and TOny Hawk are 2 reviews, and out of the total amount of reviews he's done it's to be expected there'd be some bad ones.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!