Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Muhammad Teddy Bear

Dante

Woops, you used emotional truths. Rookie mistake... :nono:

Jesus was telling the Yorkshire Ripper to murder those women.

By your argument, that makes him justified.

Also, in regards to the later part of your first sentence, that is a useless point the moment you apply Occam's Razor - you are saying a simple solution cannot be right, as it can be understood, which directly contradicts Occam's Razor.

I am not suggesting a simple solution cannot be right but merely that just because certain things make little sense to you doesn't mean this cannot be for a greater purpose.

For example a parent telling a child not to play outside at night. The child may have little understanding as to why he/she cannot play out side at night as he/she is oblivious to the dangers of the world and may thing the parent is mean or nasty for not doing so. But the child blindly follows the parent or the parent forces the child in.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example a parent telling a child not to play outside at night. The child may have little understanding as to why he/she cannot play out side at night as he/she is oblivious to the dangers of the world and may thing the parent is mean or nasty for not doing so. But the child blindly follows the parent or the parent forces the child in.

Such is the problem of religion, a fault due to evolution.

It's somewhat abusive for a parent to tell their child what to think, as apposed to how to think (namely, inquisitively).

I can carry on debating you if you want

Your idea of a debate is pretty farcical, cause essentially, it's been me talking at you, while you labour the same vacantly crude point repeatedly. So no, I'll pass on that (hopefully) one time offer, thanks.

Occam's Razor isn't the infallible truth of the universe, Fish...I think that sometimes you prize your objectivity a little much. Were talking about the difference between a benign subscriber to a faith, and someone who condemns and defines those people by a stock term. I hold the former in infinitely more esteem.

Such is the problem of religion, a fault due to evolution.

It's somewhat abusive for a parent to tell their child what to think, as apposed to how to think (namely, inquisitively).

How is that telling the child what to think. It is merely a simple instruction, as it would be detrimental to the child to inform he/she of the dangers of pedophiles,rape,murder and all the other malevolent forces at work.

Occam's Razor isn't the infallible truth of the universe, Fish...I think that sometimes you prize your objectivity a little much. Were talking about the difference between a benign subscriber to a faith, and someone who condemns and defines those people by a stock term. I hold the former in infinitely more esteem.

Firstly, Occam's Razor has yet to be proved wrong, at least by science and mathematics.

Secondly, you have a point about believers and groupers, the former at least have some in their ranks who will listen to counter-arguments (a good example being Haden), while the latter, in this thread at least, won't budge, despite, to my mind, their point having been resoundingly shown to be incorrect.

How is that telling the child what to think. It is merely a simple instruction, as it would be detrimental to the child to inform he/she of the dangers of pedophiles,rape,murder and all the other malevolent forces at work.

A child with a questioning mind (by default) will experiment, and see if said things are in fact bad.

However, evolution has gotten rid of these inquisitive minds as any child failing to understand "don't go in the river, their are crocodiles" has it's genes eliminated...

Those that survive by doing as told pass on their genes - the same genes that will make future generations believe whatever they are told.

Firstly, Occam's Razor has yet to be proved wrong, at least by science and mathematics.

Secondly, you have a point about believers and groupers, the former at least have some in their ranks who will listen to counter-arguments (a good example being Haden), while the latter, in this thread at least, won't budge, despite, to my mind, their point having been resoundingly shown to be incorrect.

I listen to your points and reply with my own. I am not the one who made the gross generalisation that those who follow religion are inherently close minded. I don't intend to argue with or upset I am just curious about your points and the beliefs of which you uphold and for one think you should open your mind to the proposals of others.

I listen to your points are reply with my own. I am not the one who mad the gross generalisation that those who follow religion are inherently close minded. I don't intend to argue with or upset I am just curious about your points and the belief in which you uphold.

I was referring to Mikey...

You're confusing Islam with people who claim to be Muslim but fail to uphold any of the religions moral codes. And I think it's pretty farcical to "search google" and come up with a bunch of quotes. Why not try reading it in context?

So are the people responsible for this woman's treatment over the teddy bear fiasco not Muslims? I'd safely bet people deem them to be. Because they believe in Muhammed they feel the need to impose their views on her, which is disgusting. People who deliberately impose their views on others for their own person reasons should be shot, then shot again.

All religions are absolute bollocks, just Islam at this current time probably worse than the others. I can only hope in the future religion has dwindled dramatically and people see sense. For ****'s sake, there is no God, the world was not made in 7 days, nor were there prophets, nor were there prophets receiving 'divine instructions'. Why? Because there is no proof for such supernatural phenomenoms, all we have are dusty old texts that are a bunch of nonsense and large groups of people too stubborn to accept that they are meaningless specks on the surface of a planet with no future past their demise.

That said I would never prejudice a person for being religious, even though I see religion as ridiculous. I often see churches and think about what a waste of bricks and mortar they are.

An update - the teacher has been charged, with 3 equally ridiculous (either false or noncriminal) things.

Source

She's been charged with:

Insulting religion. (So? Maybe it should be a bit less sensitive?)

Inciting hatred. (How???)

Showing contempt for religious beliefs. (How is that a criminal thing? The entire Sudanese legal system is guilty of this, unless they accept that the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe, as that is a universal necessity of all, according to the religion.)

You have a point with Iran, Jesus, that place is a mess, but if you're genuinely worried about the UK turning into that kinda place ever

Actually, narrowing it down like that is rather naive. I think what was being said is simply that beliefs destroy other cultures, and that we have to protect British culture....which doesn't even exist anymore:

British pride is all but gone

Criminals & Yobs are left to run amok (sp?) with little punishment or deterrant, and allowed to disrespect the police (probably the ONLY country in the world).

Criminals seem to have more rights than anyone (which WE pay for) else including the Elderly and Soldiers

The NHS is a shithole, and I bet criminals get better healthcare too (which WE pay for)

Bad drivers are left to drive badly, threatening the rest of the public.

"Victim culture" of which the white, working, Christian/Atheist people come of worst

Other cultures "banning" our culture......Due to victim culture, as addressed in "Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo"

Countries and the world can change overnight....Just look at it through time, it's not long that the world is "stable" before it goes bad, and I can see it happening here soon.

The Britons only need a lil more blowing up before we explode, especially if we get our own Putin.

She's been charged with:

Inciting hatred. (How???)

By doing this in the 1st place...THEREFORE making apparent "muslims" overreact like the scum they are....THEREFORE making everyone hate them.

Actually, narrowing it down like that is rather naive. I think what was being said is simply that beliefs destroy other cultures, and that we have to protect British culture....which doesn't even exist anymore:

Criminals & Yobs are left to run amok (sp?) with little punishment or deterrant, and allowed to disrespect the police (probably the ONLY country in the world).

Criminals seem to have more rights than anyone (which WE pay for) else including the Elderly and Soldiers

The NHS is a shithole, and I bet criminals get better healthcare too (which WE pay for)

"Victim culture" of which the white, working, Christian/Atheist people come of worst

Other cultures "banning" our culture......Due to victim culture, as addressed in "Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo"

Countries and the world can change overnight....Just look at it through time, it's not long that the world is "stable" before it goes bad, and I can see it happening here soon.

The Britons only need a lil more blowing up before we explode, especially if we get our own Putin.

Do you read the Mail, by any chance?

In response to your points:

Patriotism is for tw@s.

No they're not.

No they don't.

No, it's really not - my dad works for the NHS, and it can be sorted by separating it from govt. control, like the bank of England.

Eh?

That's being worked on - anyone with common sense and who is willing to say "hang on, this isn't right" can get round that.

It's their loss.

Do you read the Mail, by any chance?

In response to your points:

Patriotism is for tw@s.

No they're not.

No they don't.

No, it's really not - my dad works for the NHS, and it can be sorted by separating it from govt. control, like the bank of England.

Eh?

That's being worked on - anyone with common sense and who is willing to say "hang on, this isn't right" can get round that.

It's their loss.

No, I don't read newspapers, and am not a brainwashed moron.

No...it isn't, I used to think so, but it brings people together.

Watch those cop programmes & news once in a while, getting off with a simple warning isn't anything. Also, watch Costa del Streetcrime, the Spinish certainly know how to deal with yobby idiots.

That was on a programme once too, they have a right to go outside, they also have TVs and don't live in shitholes; there are people that do.

Is your Dad a higher up by any chance; getting loads of money for sitting on his arse, doing nothing, and letting disease run amok?

That's also what they said about public transport, now look at it. If it was separated, the people would lose any hope of control and fixing it.

Watch cop programmes more. Also, ask yourself why the public should be put in danger for someone elses comfort of driving badly.

3 Words: Celeb Big Brother.....Plus some more: It's getting worse, it's just making whites look like whiney bastards by sometimes taking their defence of rights compared to others too far, especially when people start being oversensitive like the "other side"

The only good i've seen so far is that Veil-Teacher being fired.

Did you know that the army bought LOADS of veils "just in case"....Yet our lads aren't getting boots and other equipment.

Mocy thinks Islam can fuck right off, we have the right to say Muhammad and call a teddy bear that, if they don't like that well they can start a holy war for Allah or something

Mcoy is pissed because the same religious ***** thinks Christmas is against their relligion in Britain and want it banned while they celebrate everything with their religion and claim racism when we don't allow them one tiny thing, well get off Britian then dumbfucks and let me enjoy my Christmas and allow me to call my Bears Muhammad

I love Brian Mcoy

You're a tool. Get yer eyes out of the Daily Mail and see the wider picture. This country is one of the best in the world.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!