N-Europe

Xbox Live Arcade/PSN Thread

Daft

Guest Stefkov
Got Braid yesterday and tried it for a bit.. it's just amazing.. but one question.

There were two pieces that I couldnt reach.. are you supposed to return later (with some new skill) or can you reach all pieces from the beginning?

I wondered the same thing. The two pieces right after the massive jigsaw thing in the second world I don't understand how to get them. One's on a platform you can't reach and the other is too high to jump.

The game's fantastic though. Graphics are great and some of the puzzles had me wondering. It was 2 in the morning mind...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered the same thing. The two pieces right after the massive jigsaw thing in the second world I don't understand how to get them. One's on a platform you can't reach and the other is too high to jump.

The game's fantastic though. Graphics are great and some of the puzzles had me wondering. It was 2 in the morning mind...

The one up high on the ledge across from the painting:

Once you have the two pieces of wall in the painting (last + second last column second row) the wall becomes a solid object that you can stand on. Move the whole painting up off the mural wall so the wall is just on at the top. You jump across using that. Similarly to get the one at the bottom which is too high to jump to you position the painting so the enemy walks onto it, then move the wall awawy so he falls onto the ground. Then wait till he gets below it and bounce off him.

Guest Stefkov
The one up high on the ledge across from the painting:

Once you have the two pieces of wall in the painting (last + second last column second row) the wall becomes a solid object that you can stand on. Move the whole painting up off the mural wall so the wall is just on at the top. You jump across using that. Similarly to get the one at the bottom which is too high to jump to you position the painting so the enemy walks onto it, then move the wall awawy so he falls onto the ground. Then wait till he gets below it and bounce off him.

That's awesome. I actually would never have thought of that.

Aye took me a little while to get that :D

Damnit why do MS have to refuse to use my card.

I have to wait around a week before I can get Braid and Geo Wars

Once I really wanted some points, I bought some on ebay from a guy who emails you the code straight away. So you can get it in about 5 minutes if you have paypal

Well if I'd known that before hand.

In fact I may well just do it anyway. I have money spare in my Paypal which rarely gets used (just my Quidco accumulation :p) so even though I've ordered some already I can use that if I fancy getting Castle Crashers or something, I'm sure I'll use them eventually.

Edit; Could you point me in the direction of the one you used please?

Once I really wanted some points, I bought some on ebay from a guy who emails you the code straight away. So you can get it in about 5 minutes if you have paypal

It works wonders as well, i did it for my Live Gold Membership and points. Got the codes within 5 minutes of paying with Pay Pal. And you also get bargains as well, got the Live Gold 12 month and 4200 points for £25 together.

Guest Stefkov
Damn that's clever..

Aye it was.

I've done world 3, world 4 there's like 1 piece missing and I don't know how to get it.

Has anyone seen the walkthrough? It's clever what it says, and it's true. It does feel satisfying once worked out.

Although you just have to wait a few days and there'll be some on gamefaqs.

the guy I used is no longer registered so you'll have to search (it's not hard)

Maybe I'm not searching properly but I can't find any that are instant delivery :(

Aye it was.

I've done world 3, world 4 there's like 1 piece missing and I don't know how to get it.

Has anyone seen the walkthrough? It's clever what it says, and it's true. It does feel satisfying once worked out.

Although you just have to wait a few days and there'll be some on gamefaqs.

I'm reluctant to click onto that, what do you mean by "clever what it says"?

Guest Stefkov

It doesn't spoil anything. What is typed there I just thought was clever. It's just telling you to play the game yourself and not use a guide. Which has gone and spoiled reading it now.

I don't get the Braid love. Sure it's artsy but..it just felt like a normal platformer to me. If it was 800 points I'd have purchased it, but there's nothing there that seems to justify the extra 400.

Agreed.

The music, visuals and gameplay look fantastic.

But fuck, 1200 points?

20080808.jpg