N-Europe

What is the biggest issue your country is facing at the moment?

Guest Ray Falling

Guest Ray Falling

I havent been out much lately cause of health reasons, and I hardly watch TV anymore so I havent seen the news in ages.

So I'm wondering; What is currently all over the news in your country? Like what is a big problem its facing now and what are your thoughts on this?

Like for example; maybe your country is dealing with a political crisis, or maybe that bird flu or something.

Please state what country yer from and name an issue (you think) is a very big thing at the moment and what your thoughts are on that.

I would start off with mine but I dont have a clue whats going on in Holland right now. But upon browsing the a newspaper website I see alot of issues with terrorist-ish things and people shooting politicians and daylight murders...I think the maffia is involved with that which I personaly find scary cause I never imagined we'd have that in such a small country...

I think it had to do something with the Hells Angels.

So my thoughts on that. I find it worrying that theres increasing violence in my country. Shootings and all that, as a kid you hardly ever heard of that here, but I guess its something of late.

I live in a relatively save small town here but I think more down south/south-west, thats where stuff like that happens almost every week.

So thats i for me, what about your country?

--Ray

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ray Falling
basically all the political crap thats been happening in the last number of years. its always in the news :heh:

Could you tell me some more about that please?

Could you tell me some more about that please?

well basically, catholics hate protestants and protestants hate catholics.

Ive experienced quite a few attacks where i live...A policeman got his house petrol-bombed 3 doors down to me. There was a bank robbery not so long ago (over 30 million pounds) in belfast.

Some people want to make Northern ireland & the south of Ireland joined together. Some people dont like the idea, some people do.

Some of the paramilitary/terrorist groups have been disarming of late, which means there could be a possible chance of peace in north/south ireland.

Guest Ray Falling
well basically, catholics hate protestants and protestants hate catholics.

Ive experienced quite a few attacks where i live...A policeman got his house petrol-bombed 3 doors down to me. There was a bank robbery not so long ago (over 30 million pounds) in belfast.

Some people want to make Northern ireland & the south of Ireland joined together. Some people dont like the idea, some people do.

Some of the paramilitary/terrorist groups have been disarming of late, which means there could be a possible chance of peace in north/south ireland.

wow thats awfull. Hmm but yeah I think I remember now... Peace would be good ;_; its so silly to keep fighting for so long.

Thanks btw

I'm tempted to make a Big Issue joke, but I can't see it working out very well. Still, I did find out that there's a Japanese edition of 'The Big Issue' which I thought was a little funny. I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I suppose the two major topics in England at the moment are the anti-Islamic bigots causing more trouble, and the current vogue of condemning us all to death by avian flu. As usual the press just makes things worse.

I'm not in my country at the moment, here in NJ, USA, people are being rallied to vote for John Corzine over Doug Forrester. Incidentally Corzine's campaign is somewhere along the line of "Doug Forrester, he's George Bush's choice for governor. Is he yours?"

He's got a point.

Guest Ray Falling
I think we lack a general sense of civility or unity. I'm afraid to talk to you, and that's a shame, because I've got lots to talk about.

I'm not sure I understand ;_;

Guest Ray Falling

So basically you dont like me for reasons unknown to me and therefore you dont wanna reply to my treat but you did any just to say you dont like me...hmm okay

I really get the feeling its not just you though...I would like to know exactly what it is that makes people dislike me here cause all I try to do is be helpfull and stuff...

basically what ive noticed lately is the racial tension in birmingham between asian and black people. It's got a bit outta hand and has been pretty nasty. other than that the usual crap that goes on day to day that no one hears about..... maybe its because im a londoner that i love london so...doop doop