Are you racist?

Are you racist?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you racist?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • To an extent/Partially.
    • No comment.

Verbal abuse is verbal abuse, no? It all hurts the recipient and thats what I find wrong. History or no history.

You nailed it in one shot, well done. The intent is all that should matter.

Ok what do you suppose I do? And I have actually spoke to my teachers about it and most said I was talking rubbish and a few even laughed.

So what did you do after that?

:indeed: ...So what happens in your school is obviously what happens in the entire nation...I only urge people to argue with valid points. :/

Please point out where I said that? As I said I don't have any facts and I don't know what goes off in the entire nation. Nobody does. So stop trying to make out I'm stupid and take your own advice and get your facts straight.

Dude, I have yet to insult any one with the word, and probably won't be doing. The point I'm making is, the word is no worse than many others. People just get hysterical over it.

I agree though, this word is OLD and shouldn't have any relevence to Black people of the present. Take the insult out of the word and it has no effect, which in fact is how a lot of Black people feel about the word; it has no real affect but some people just go all over-hysterical about it, which actually gives a lot of power to the person who uses that word.

... I think if you are offended when people call you fat, ginger or irish, then you are not comfortable with yourself. I'm not a carrot-top, but I've been called ginger. Just took it in my stride because the people who use "ginger" offensively are looking for a rise.

I think nigger, paki, chinky, all of those are offensive because they're derogative. Of course, it always depends on the context - but that's why it's alright for a black guy to say nigger to another - because they both understand that the context is wholly innocent (so long as it actually is).

My mate says "take time fatty" to me, and I've used it on lots of my friends who aren't fat - even those who might have insecurities about it understand that I'm saying it in jest.

As for bullying... well surely the bullies don't just pick on teh black kids, or the ginger ones, or the white ones - the point is that they pick on anyone and everyone in whatever way they can. Think of that scene in fight club where the space monkeys are waiting outside Tyler's house and he comes out and says "you're too FAT"... well one guy he just says "you're too... BLONDE!!".

TO a large extent I don't think anyone should pick at the words any bully uses. I like to think that they themselves are just spouting whatever shit comes to mind, so it's offensive if you think they actually have any brains behind what they say.

Dude, I have yet to insult any one with the word, and probably won't be doing. The point I'm making is, the word is no worse than many others. People just get hysterical over it.

Mate, your just wrong. Its like the way fuck is worse than ****. Because of what it means and its history.

EDIT: just realised you cant see that word. It starts with a C and ends with and unt.

So what did you do after that?

Nothing. The reason being is that I can take it. But a lot of people can't. And it's not the anti-gingerism that bothers me it's the injustice of it all. Everyone is equal, but some people are more equal than others.

I agree though, this word is OLD and shouldn't have any relevence to Black people of the present. Take the insult out of the word and it has no effect, which in fact is how a lot of Black people feel about the word; it has no real affect but some people just go all over-hysterical about it, which actually gives a lot of power to the person who uses that word.

I agree with this. I think that the law of racism creates a lot of racists. Taking that away would get rid of it. Not all of it but like with every other law, criminals will be criminals regardless of the law.

Please point out where I said that? As I said I don't have any facts and I don't know what goes off in the entire nation. Nobody does. So stop trying to make out I'm stupid and take your own advice and get your facts straight.

You said: "Now is the present and there is more ginger bullying than racism bullying."

As if it was an absolute universal fact. If you would have added "in my school", then I would have understood. :indeed:

... I think if you are offended when people call you fat, ginger or irish, then you are not comfortable with yourself. I'm not a carrot-top, but I've been called ginger. Just took it in my stride because the people who use "ginger" offensively are looking for a rise.

I think nigger, paki, chinky, all of those are offensive because they're derogative. Of course, it always depends on the context - but that's why it's alright for a black guy to say nigger to another - because they both understand that the context is wholly innocent (so long as it actually is).

That is contradictory. Why isn't calling a ginger derogative? Why aren't black people just uncomfortable with themselves?

You said: "Now is the present and there is more ginger bullying than racism bullying."

As if it was an absolute universal fact. If you would have added "in my school", then I would have understood. :indeed:

Well we don't know anything for absolute certain. So really we should all say "I think" or "It's possible" before every sentance we say. But then conversation would become tedious. And as I said before I don't know everything that goes on in the country so what I say often relates to my personal experience.

Nothing. The reason being is that I can take it. But a lot of people can't. And it's not the anti-gingerism that bothers me it's the injustice of it all. Everyone is equal, but some people are more equal than others.

If you have CHOSEN to 'take it' then what are you complaining about? You also acknowledge that other ginger-haired people can't take it but you still chose to do nothing...Do you see my point?

Mate, your just wrong. Its like the way fuck is worse than ****. Because of what it means and its history.

EDIT: just realised you cant see that word. It starts with a C and ends with and unt.

It's the intent, the intent is the same, the intent is all that should matter. I don't consider kunt to be better than fuck either.

If you have CHOSEN to 'take it' then what are you complaining about? You also acknowledge that other ginger-haired people can't take it but you still chose to do nothing...Do you see my point?

I do see your point. But like I said it's the injustice that bothers me. All bullying should be illegal or none at all. It's unfair to pick some.

Just because you ACCEPT being insulted, doesn't mean others should too. Simple as that.

But a joke shouldn't be taken as an insult. I don't accept people just calling me a ginger **** or something similar, but jokes that are said in jest I laugh at (as long as they are actually funny :heh:), this is what I am saying others should also be able to take!

I'm most certainly not saying that a black person should be able to take actual racist insults on the chin!

That is contradictory. Why isn't calling a ginger derogative? Why aren't black people just uncomfortable with themselves?

You have a point: thinking of someone as lesser than you because of something they cannot help, especially when it is to do with their apperance, makes you, in my book, a fucktard.

Well I guess here I fall into the other debate; As a near-ginger person, any attempt on me by someone who is attempting to be superiour by using my hair colour is simply hilarious. Perhaps it is as others say; I do not take offence by people using it against me, therefore it is not offensive.

Maybe I'm losing the argument here... maybe it's just a hell of a lot more complicated. The word ginger itself is a descriptive term - it describes the colour of your hair, as fat does your body weight. "nigger" itself is in no way descriptive in any objective way because of the connotations with being a slave. It's not necessarily about history in all matters, but in terms of what the word itself means, history certainly counts.

What of the word "gay"? Now associated with homosexuality, previously associated with "glee" - and also previous to that, circa the 17th century, associated with homosexual behaviour also. Word meanings are very important and very much to do with history that cannot be overlooked.

Maybe I'm losing the argument here... maybe it's just a hell of a lot more complicated. The word ginger itself is a descriptive term - it describes the colour of your hair, as fat does your body weight. "nigger" itself is in no way descriptive in any objective way because of the connotations with being a slave. It's not necessarily about history in all matters, but in terms of what the word itself means, history certainly counts.

But black is also a descriptive word. So is it not racist for me to call someone a "black bastard"? And ginger may be a descriptive word but ginge isn't. Nor is carrot-top, ginger minger, duracell, copper bollocks, wotsit etc.

i would have to say in my opinion that calling someone a "black bastard" is no different to "fat bastard" or "ginger bastard" because you are calling hte person a bastard and merely using a descriptive.

"nigger bastard" is different :) I don't really think you can ignore the history of the word, regardless of how many years the species has been on the planet.

Of course, I've called a mate a "nigger ****" in jest before, but he understood because it was intended to be friendly, and not bullying or offensive in anyway. But he knew htat, I knew that. just as with bullying both parties know what is intended, which is not racism.

I'm not racist at all. The only gripe i have is with the Polish and that is only over then stealing all our jobs making it harder for us UK nationals to get work because they are cheap labour.

Other than that, i have no problems with any culture or skin or language or anything like that.

I'm not racist at all. The only gripe i have is with the Polish and that is only over then stealing all our jobs making it harder for us UK nationals to get work because they are cheap labour.

Other than that, i have no problems with any culture or skin or language or anything like that.

Meh, most immigrants are taking the jobs most upstanding Brits prefer not to take...But then we complain when we see them in more of them and then we get extra pissed when they actually start to do alright for themselves :\...Hardly fair.

So is it ok for people to call me ginger? Would you lose all respect for them? No? Because that's the way it seems. Maybe not with you but with society.

Nop, I call some of my black friends niggers... It's a matter of not being a moron.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=walmart

Read that. Its lol. You also require education.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=walmart

Read that. Its lol. You also require education.

Wahaha! Thats hilarious but TRUE! I see immigrants out there on the cold streets looking for any odd job to put food on the table, but then I hear British nationals whining because they can't find jobs expecting a quick walk to the local Tescos with a CV in hand gives them a job automatically...:shakehead ...Then they see a few "Non-British" looking people working there and then go home all pissed and bitter. Lazy *****.

As funny as Maddox is, he can't update his page soon enough imo, I think he's missed the point a bit.

How so? 1010101010

A) So you have met the 'majority' of all Arabs and Pakistanis? Have you really? No, you've just chose to label all those people with the same brush as those idiots at your work place. That is a weak and easy option. People are individuals regardless of their ethnicity how much sense does it make to judge millions of people by a few who just happen to be from the same country?

B) Who said it was okay to insult anyone, white or other? About those Black channels/awards, think about it for a minute...Just how many Black people get recognised in, lets say the Oscars?....two maybe three? How many Black models are there compared to White? See the ratio? Fact is in the West the mainstream are White. The thing is the 'Black' in BET (Black Entertainment TV) sends a distress call to many White people, thinking it means 'Blacks only' like those 'no dogs, no n*****' or those notorious 'Whites only' signs white people proudly placed on places.

Its not 'Black only' its just the fact that in the western mainstream Blacks are given little recognition as opposed to the Beckhams, Clooneys and the Brad Pitts. Therefore they have to focus on works by Black people that get under-appreciated in the mainstream.

Not even the MOBO (music of Black origin) awards are 'Black only' - there are many White people up for nomination and getting prizes. Sure the title of the ceremony is questionable, but its just an award for a specific style of very percussive music that some have come to call "Black music".

A) I live in a predominantly Arab/Pakistani area and most people here actually treat me like crap. It's a continuous theme for me tbh. I didn't say I was judging the millions of people, I just meant the people in my workplace and in my general area. I guess I'll be clearer next time.

B) I didn't mean as in it was "okay" I was just using that as a figure of speech. Here's an example of what I mean;

A friend of mine told me of an incident he had at school a few years back. A Pakistani guy was really insulting him, and I mean REALLY insulting him (it takes a lot to piss of my mate, believe me.) Anyways, a fight ensued and my mate got into serious trouble, his parents even had to come into the school to see the headmaster. However, the Pakistani kid just got a warning, and nothing happened to him. When my mate's parents asked why the Pakistani kid wasn't disciplined, the headmaster couldn't even answer them. Tbh, the Pakistani kid was just as much to blame as my mate was, probably more so, as he started it by provoking my mate so badly.

This happens a lot, white people get done for racism and coloured people/Pakistanis get off the hook.