Are you racist?

Are you racist?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you racist?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • To an extent/Partially.
    • No comment.

here we go again with people over-reacting and failing to seperate an argument from a flame.

This isn't even an argument even more of a debate. There was only one flame i counted so far.

Calm down, I said "that appear". Nothing is out of hand yet :wink:

In fact, xenophobia is so deeply ingrained into the psyche of British society (and I should imagine most countries) it usually goes unnoticed.

This seems agreeable seeing how a fair number of people have chosen to be racists...'to an extent'...I mean what does that mean? You either do racially discriminate or you don't. :/

No it wasn't, you chose to pick on me cuz I'm the youngest and most vulnerable, and all you bummers who are backing him up, your all twa.ts

There are many posts on here which say they hate immigrants coming in.

Godamnit, look at your answers!!!? Your post was the most uniformed crap here, so I highlighted it, okay??

Who cares if there are many posts on here wich say they hate immigrants coming in, I'm talking to you, if you can't swallow that, it's your problem and your problem alone!! Learn to argue, coz "they did it too" is not a valid argument. People are backing me up coz I'm right, end of story. Can't you accept discordance, whiner?

If anyone is a "twa.t" here, that person is most likely you.

Alright alright, that's enough of the personal crap. Back to the subject on hand people.

Alright alright, that's enough of the personal crap. Back to the subject on hand people.

: peace: Sorry about that.

Calm down, I said "that appear". Nothing is out of hand yet :wink:

oh no that was the point i was tring to make:)

No it's not that I can't argue, I just think there are to many people like you causing arguments on here, ruining the forum, so I'm choosing not to.

Anyway, sorry Dyson, next time I won't post my opinions.

Hey nobody said that, you just don't have to get personal about these things. Your opinions are wanted as I in particular find them interesting.

Just try not to insult each others abilities to comprehend ideas. :wink:

No it's not that I can't argue, I just think there are to many people like you causing arguments on here, ruining the forum, so I'm choosing not to.

Anyway, sorry Dyson, next time I won't post my opinions.

Arguments ruin the forum? The best part of conversations, be it online or not is arguing, the discussion of different point of views backed up by personal belief. Your problem, my friend, is that you do not like to be questioned. Hell, it's a basic rule of existence, verbal confrontation is healthy! We're all old enough to know when we're being dumb... And that includes you, 14 is as good an age as any!

I'm not racist, just don't like them.... :heh:

Nah, in all seriousness, I don't care what colour someones skin is or where they're from or whatever.

I disagree. I believe in freedom of speech, no matter what. A true libertine.

So am I, I'm just (partially) playing devil's advocate, but I do think that people need to think before they speak, as apposed to just falling back on "you can't argue against what I think, I can think what I like".

Not racist. No race is superior to another. At times I hate immigrants, but that isn't racist, I wouldn't like them no matter what "race" they were. I make racist jokes, doesn't mean I'm racist though.

Don't really think of myself as racist. In primary school (more particularly, 5th and 6th grade), one of my best friends was a Muslim girl from Turkey. I've also met some other "coloured" people that were really nice and friendly, even though I didn't know them.

However there -is- a big amount of Moroccan and Turkish teenager guys around here that like to cause trouble, so in general I try to stay away from them. Anyone not in that age group is fine with me though.

You know what annoys me; is how racism is seen as being instantly worse than say regular bullying.

The only difference is:

Regular bullying: Picking on someones distinct features amongst other things, glasses, braces, hieght, weight or whatever

Racism: Picking on someones distinct feature: Skin colour

Why? What's the difference? I'm willing to bet if I went up to a black police officer and called him "the n word" I'd be arrested but if I went up to a fat police officer and called him fatty or a bald one and called him baldy and picked on him for it I'd get warned.

I'll tell you exactly what the difference is. Bullying, bad as it may be, focuses on one person only and only happens because of the self-insecurity of the bully, who needs to feel better about him/herself. Racism is part of twisted world view that, xenophobically and horribly misinformed, doesn't acknowledge the differences that exist between human beings. Bullying is bad and childish, racism makes you fail as a human.

Any of you even mildly defending racism should be very ashamed of yourself.

I'll tell you exactly what the difference is. Bullying, bad as it may be, focuses on one person only and only happens because of the self-insecurity of the bully, who needs to feel better about him/herself. Racism is part of twisted world view that, xenophobically and horribly misinformed, doesn't acknowledge the differences that exist between human beings. Bullying is bad and childish, racism makes you fail as a human.

Any of you even mildly defending racism should be very ashamed of yourself.

That's utter bullshit. You're saying that the ONLY reason people get bullied is because they feel like shit?

And bullying focuses on a certain persons aspects too right? Which also fits in to your "differences that exist between human beings."

I'm not racist in the slightest. I get annoyed when people use the colour of someones skin against them. It's pretty shameful putting someone down becuase of their skin colour. I don't belive the whole immigration thing, i.e saying "it's getting annoying because so many peoplke are coming into the country" etc it racist. It's only racist if you hate the people that are coming in, just because of the colour of the skin.

I've said a couple of racist jokes before, but not with the intention of making someone feel bad, I mean it's just a joke and I would never say something that would knowingly offend someone.

Some one in this thread said if you called a police man a nigger you would get arrested if you call a fat policeman fatty you would only get a warning.

You seem to be ignorant of the differnce beetween the word nigger and fatty.

One has 100s of years of history and used to opress people, fatty hasnt.

jeezus.

Basicly racism is wrong, if your opinion is different to that, your wrong, that is all.

I find this concern towards immigration a bit superficial, for sure let in skilled migrants who will further aid the country and bar illegal immigration, but Britain (and later America) were countries with very historic immigrants. Anglo-Saxons, Celts, Vikings, Romans etc were all making their way in this country, I thought this country was meant to be the United Kingdom, uniting all different people...:/

Then there is America...European immigrants who massacred NATIVE Americans for the land...Was that legal immigration? No! But are any of you arguing against it? No!...Then ofcourse there was European colonilizaton into Africa and Asia...If you're really against these historic wrongs or careless about them, then I don't see how present day immigration have got you so worked up. Immigrants don't exactly have a good life here; they have to pay about double the taxes and fees we British citizens contribute and all cases point to the fact that immigrants are aiding our economy...So is it a case of their ethnicity or what?

That's utter bullshit. You're saying that the ONLY reason people get bullied is because they feel like shit?
It's a fact established in psychiatric research. There's bullying from insecurity, and bullying from racism, and since that falls under racism, the only bullying I count is that of the bully's self hate. People bully so that they can feel better about themselves at the cost of other people's suffering. That discussion is not the point, however.
And bullying focuses on a certain persons aspects too right? Which also fits in to your "differences that exist between human beings."
That's just vague use of language. Bullying picks out an (some) individual(s), racism is the systematic denial of differences of members of certain ethnicities or lifestyles out of sheer ignorance. Both are bad, but the second is a crime against humanity.

You know what annoys me; is how racism is seen as being instantly worse than say regular bullying.

The only difference is:

Regular bullying: Picking on someones distinct features amongst other things, glasses, braces, hieght, weight or whatever

Racism: Picking on someones distinct feature: Skin colour

What I hate is that it's fine to tell a joke about blondes or gingers (of which I am one :heh:) or any other individual but as soon as the butt of the joke is a black guy everyone goes all silent and you're accused of being racist. If I can laugh at jokes about my traits (i.e. ginger jokes - some of my favourite jokes are ginger ones) then I think they should be able to laugh at jokes about their individual traits. It's not like it's said with any malicious intent (at least in my circle of friends it isn't)!

I make racist comments all the time, but just jesting, I'm not even slightly racist.

Me too!

I got told I was racist because I didnt want Lewis Hamilton to win :(

Racist...

People worry far too much about it. I say what I want, when I want. If I wanna call someone a nigger, or rag head, I will. People should just be greatful that people like me don't feel like doing it. If someone pissed me off enough, I would. No worse than calling someone a fat fuck, or ugly in my book.

I guess it all comes down to personal interpretation at the end of the day.

Well to me, there's a difference between niggers and black people. Niggers to me are the black version of chavs. You'll find even most decent black people hate niggers.

People worry far too much about it. I say what I want, when I want. If I wanna call someone a nigger, or rag head, I will. People should just be greatful that people like me don't feel like doing it. If someone pissed me off enough, I would. No worse than calling someone a fat fuck, or ugly in my book.

The thing is, your too ignorant to realise there is a difference. Read up on the history of the word nigger, then tell me there is no difference. Jesus.

What I hate is that it's fine to tell a joke about blondes or gingers (of which I am one :heh:) or any other individual but as soon as the butt of the joke is a black guy everyone goes all silent and you're accused of being racist. If I can laugh at jokes about my traits (i.e. ginger jokes - some of my favourite jokes are ginger ones) then I think they should be able to laugh at jokes about their individual traits. It's not like it's said with any malicious intent (at least in my circle of friends it isn't)!

The difference is; Ginger/blonde people seem to accept these 'jokes' - but why should they be acceptable? There are limits to jokes, I knew about two ginger-haired kids at school who were getting cussed on a daily basis - joke or not - disrespect, is disrespect; and even if they shrug it off, it still affects them. Even still, hair colour is not as absolute as skin colour or physical features for the offence to be so piercing.