Are you racist?

Are you racist?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you racist?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • To an extent/Partially.
    • No comment.

I'm not a racist, I'm undiscriminate with my hate!

On a more seriosu note, I have no reason to dislike a person based on their ethinc background. I dislike people on the basis of who they make themselves to be, not for reasons they have no control over.

Couldn't actually have said it better.

Is it even a wonder that some whites like me are pissed off though? I don't hate any one for what they are by default, but sometimes you just get a certain group of people who do nothing to piss you off. Most muslims in the UK want to turn the UK in to an Islamic state according to a TV show I watched a while back. I'm an atheist, so I'm not going on the defensive over my religion, but I can't fucking stand Islam as it is, never mind having the UK as an Islamic state.

I'm OK with immigration to a certain degree, but lets stop this PC horse shit, and tell people they either have to adapt to the way we are, or they can fuck off. I'm not walking on egg shells around no bloody muslims or any other sort of minority. I am English, I am white, and I say what I want, and so should every one else. Can't handle that? Well you probably shouldn't be here. Any one who protests over our way of life who isn't English, needs to be turfed out of the country.

Couldn't actually have said it better.

Why, thanks you, kind sir.

A lot of people seem to get confused by political correctness (by the way, the PC way of saying "PC" is "culturally sensative", which is actually a better term, and is what it is). Political correctness is thought of as something which covers sexism, racism, and any other kind of discrimination.

What it actually covers is things like saying a certain religion is stupid (or, in my case, all religions).

Basically, I think you can say what you want about features and ideas that people choose to have themselves appear as, but you should be ready to have your compliments or criticisms attacked, and these opinions of yours are part of your appearance.

I chose to an extent.

I don't like all these immigrants coming in and fucking this country even more up than it is.

Oh, shut the fuck up! That's prejudice, pure and simple!!!

I'm not racist, indeed I detest it. But I'm uncomfortable around other ethnicities having being raised with almost nothing but white people around me.

What? :indeed:

I do think racism is being took too far now.

There was this incident at my school where this Arab girl called another girl "Milk Bottle" The white girl responded "go fuck of back to your own country"

The white girl got suspended from school, the Arab girl got away with ease.

Now is that fair?

Totally fair. The white girl was a total asshole, if she had any reason in the matter, she completely lost it, with that response.

I think we're all racist to an extent. It's not intentional in my case, but I know it's there. Not anything liek crazy murderous thoughts, but yeah.

I prefer being honest.

I don't make racist comments with any intent behind them you can tell.

Glad you saaid "I think", amigo, speak for yourself, ok?

I chose to an extent. Many of my friends are black/Asian so don't think I'm just flat out racist. The thing that gets on my nerves is when immigrants come to England because of war or because they're about to get murdered, then start organising protests and complaining about how shit this country is.

So... people shouldn't have freedom of speech when they're in someone else's country, is that what you're saying?

So... people shouldn't have freedom of speech when they're in someone else's country, is that what you're saying?

I think what he's saying is that immigrents should be a bit less-ready to complain how shit a country they've moved into is.

I agree with him, for two key reasons:

1) They can't be that bad if they've let you live there.

2) If you've come to the country due to reasons of political oppresion in your original country, or just from one of most middle easten countries, then you probably would be arrested for trying to hold a protest, and that's only if you're lucky.

Basically, some people (in fact, all people, immigrant or not) need to think before they speak.

I think what he's saying is that immigrents should be a bit less-ready to complain how shit a country they've moved into is.

2) If you've come to the country due to reasons of political oppresion in your original country, or just from one of most middle easten countries, then you probably would be arrested for trying to hold a protest, and that's only if you're lucky.

Basically, some people (in fact, all people, immigrant or not) need to think before they speak.

I disagree. I believe in freedom of speech, no matter what. A true libertine.

Thanks Fish. Granted this isn't purely racism, white people do it too. I just used people who moved into this country by choice as an example.

I disagree. I believe in freedom of speech, no matter what. A true libertine.

That's fair enough.

Is it even a wonder that some whites like me are pissed off though? I don't hate any one for what they are by default, but sometimes you just get a certain group of people who do nothing to piss you off. Most muslims in the UK want to turn the UK in to an Islamic state according to a TV show I watched a while back. I'm an atheist, so I'm not going on the defensive over my religion, but I can't fucking stand Islam as it is, never mind having the UK as an Islamic state.

I'm OK with immigration to a certain degree, but lets stop this PC horse shit, and tell people they either have to adapt to the way we are, or they can fuck off. I'm not walking on egg shells around no bloody muslims or any other sort of minority. I am English, I am white, and I say what I want, and so should every one else. Can't handle that? Well you probably shouldn't be here. Any one who protests over our way of life who isn't English, needs to be turfed out of the country.

A fine post, one I found myself nodding with in agreement. Why should we have to cater to their every need when (some of them) are not willing to adapt? Because if we don't; it's 'racism'.

A) I'm racist to an extent. It's not that I hate Pakistanis and Arabs, it's just that the majority of them are downright rude and are so full of themselves. I work with some at work, and they piss me off to no end. When I try and fight back, they all just gang up on me, yeah... great ¬¬

B) I also hate all this so-called "political correctness" going on. So it's ok to be insulted by a black/coloured person, but when a white person says something back it's racist? Riiiight. I also hate all these black only things. For example - the black enterprise awards, channels for black people and the other day I saw a section in a shop that had books only by black people. Now, if there was to be a white-only event to happen, that would be deemed as racism. It's all stupid imo.

A) So you have met the 'majority' of all Arabs and Pakistanis? Have you really? No, you've just chose to label all those people with the same brush as those idiots at your work place. That is a weak and easy option. People are individuals regardless of their ethnicity how much sense does it make to judge millions of people by a few who just happen to be from the same country?

B) Who said it was okay to insult anyone, white or other? About those Black channels/awards, think about it for a minute...Just how many Black people get recognised in, lets say the Oscars?....two maybe three? How many Black models are there compared to White? See the ratio? Fact is in the West the mainstream are White. The thing is the 'Black' in BET (Black Entertainment TV) sends a distress call to many White people, thinking it means 'Blacks only' like those 'no dogs, no n*****' or those notorious 'Whites only' signs white people proudly placed on places.

Its not 'Black only' its just the fact that in the western mainstream Blacks are given little recognition as opposed to the Beckhams, Clooneys and the Brad Pitts. Therefore they have to focus on works by Black people that get under-appreciated in the mainstream.

Not even the MOBO (music of Black origin) awards are 'Black only' - there are many White people up for nomination and getting prizes. Sure the title of the ceremony is questionable, but its just an award for a specific style of very percussive music that some have come to call "Black music".

Oh, shut the fuck up! That's prejudice, pure and simple!!!

What? :indeed:

Totally fair. The white girl was a total asshole, if she had any reason in the matter, she completely lost it, with that response.

Glad you saaid "I think", amigo, speak for yourself, ok?

I really can't be arsed to argue with shit.

And it's funny how you only picked me out, when there are A LOT of posts on here saying they hate how immigrants are fucking up this country.

Something from last year or the year before, riding on the political correctness thing. There was something on the news about a name change for piggy banks and Christmas lights. Christmas lights would become festive lights, can't remember about piggy banks. The former was because Muslims find the pig to be unclean, the latter because they don't celebrate Christmas.

EDIT: I can see this turning into Vegan Thread 2.

As can I, however, I propose that instead of locking the thread you merely ban any troublemakers that appear.

Something from last year or the year before, riding on the political correctness thing. There was something on the news about a name change for piggy banks and Christmas lights. Christmas lights would become festive lights, can't remember about piggy banks. The former was because Muslims find the pig to be unclean, the latter because they don't celebrate Christmas.

OK Thats a bit over the top then. The example I'm going to use for this, is what some ancient Ethiopian king said concerning muslims in his christian country that wanted a mosque in its capital (which is used to this very day). He said if they (the muslims) want a mosque in the capital, the Muslims should first build a church in Mecca (the muslims holy city)...Which there are none.

I voted no, but my g/f's housemates are racist. It's shocking really, they remind me of rude clueless grandparents. Always talking about 'the foreigners' in the shops. One even referred to Hiro from Heroes as a 'that funny little chinky man' o_O

Just makes me feel as though they have no clue how the real world works, and have grown up as spoilt kids in a completely white area and think they're superior. I'd laugh if I didn't feel so sorry for them.

I totally agree with you here. They're trying to change a country they moved to, into their home country. So what's the point in them being here? They can just go back home.

I read that the some muslims wanted Christmas banned in the UK because they don't celebrate it, if they don't like things here then they know where to go, but instead they moan and try and change things here.

And another thing, not 100% who said it, but they wanted Ba Ba Black Sheep banned because they seen it as racism. And Muslims wanted people to stop wearing necklaces and earings with a Cross on it because they don't believe in that and wanted that banned aswell.

All this stuff annoys me though, people wanting stuff changed to suit their needs without regard for others, if they don't like it then they can bugger off.

Now I don't see myself as racist or anything but it just annoys me that they demand this stuff to be done.

The first point he qouted from you was very prejudice though... thinking like that is what fucks your country up.

As can I, however, I propose that instead of locking the thread you merely ban any troublemakers that appear.

here we go again with people over-reacting and failing to seperate an argument from a flame.

This isn't even an argument even more of a debate. There was only one flame i counted so far.

This is a rather interesting topic, and I feel we as a society rarely speak about it, so whatver happens please don't lock the topic forum gods!

A) So you have met the 'majority' of all Arabs and Pakistanis? Have you really? No, you've just chose to label all those people with the same brush as those idiots at your work place. That is a weak and easy option. People are individuals regardless of their ethnicity how much sense does it make to judge millions of people by a few who just happen to be from the same country?

B".

That's very true but people just are stupid and things will never change.. They can get better but stereotypes always exist and idiots believe them. That's how I feel. There is NO reason for anyone to be racist

Nice quote King_V. (About the church in Mecca)

I totally agree with you here. They're trying to change a country they moved to, into their home country. So what's the point in them being here? They can just go back home.

I read that the some muslims wanted Christmas banned in the UK because they don't celebrate it, if they don't like things here then they know where to go, but instead they moan and try and change things here.

And another thing, not 100% who said it, but they wanted Ba Ba Black Sheep banned because they seen it as racism. And Muslims wanted people to stop wearing necklaces and earings with a Cross on it because they don't believe in that and wanted that banned aswell.

All this stuff annoys me though, people wanting stuff changed to suit their needs without regard for others, if they don't like it then they can bugger off.

Now I don't see myself as racist or anything but it just annoys me that they demand this stuff to be done.

I do agree, also. But they actually succeeded with Bah Bah Black Sheep. :/ It's a children's nursery rhyme for god's sake. There's no hidden racist messages.

Yeah, i heard the thing about Christmas lights. Why would some lights be offensive? Makes no sense to me.

I think near enough everyone is racist to an extent. Even liberals who praise multi-culturalism often harbour deep racist attitudes towards Americans, for example. The difference is that the media and the public don't often look on anti-American prejudice as racism - but plainly it is, and so in that sense there are certainly double-standards inherent in the application of the term.

Are the some muslims who want to ban Christmas Lights. Which by the way most muslims living in this country find utterly ridiculous any worse then all this, OMG EVERY MUSLIM FINDS PIGGY BANKS OFFENSIVE. Its like ive wandered onto the Daily Mail forums.

And it's funny how you only picked me out, when there are A LOT of posts on here saying they hate how immigrants are fucking up this country.

I chose to highlight your post, as it seemed to be the stupidest one of all. Does that bother you?

Argue with shit? You see, most likely, you can't really argue, as I merely pointed out that your post was very prejudicious, and that you cannot deny, as it was.

I think near enough everyone is racist to an extent. Even liberals who praise multi-culturalism often harbour deep racist attitudes towards Americans, for example. The difference is that the media and the public don't often look on anti-American prejudice as racism - but plainly it is, and so in that sense there are certainly double-standards inherent in the application of the term.

Again... speak for yourself.

That's xenophobia, a fear or hatred (or usually both) of people because of their nationality, but what you're saying is spot-on. In fact, xenophobia is so deeply ingrained into the psyche of British society (and I should imagine most countries) it usually goes unnoticed.

I work in construction, When I go to the toilet I see xenophobic or racist comments scrawled all over the walls of the cubicles, usually aimed at the Irishman/Nigerian/Person from Bristol who happens to be working on site. On my breaks I'll often pick up a copy of The Star, which leaves me wide-eyed at the nigh-on BNP attitudes of the column writers. It's easy to dismiss these attitudes as backwards, philistinical, typical of the "uncultured working classes" (to which I happen to belong) but the fact of the matter is that these comments are representative of a sizeable chunk of the population, and all the paper is doing is reflecting the attitudes back at it's readers, keeping the fires burning.

I chose to highlight your post, as it seemed to be the stupidest one of all. Does that bother you?

Argue with shit? You see, most likely, you can't really argue, as I merely pointed out that your post was very prejudicious, and that you cannot deny, as it was.

No it wasn't, you chose to pick on me cuz I'm the youngest and most vulnerable, and all you bummers who are backing him up, your all twa.ts

There are many posts on here which say they hate immigrants coming in.