Are you racist?

Are you racist?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Are you racist?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • To an extent/Partially.
    • No comment.

The thing is, your too ignorant to realise there is a difference. Read up on the history of the word nigger, then tell me there is no difference. Jesus.

Who gives a fuck about history? The intent is the same, and that's all that matters. Killing a guy with a knife, is no better than killing a guy with a gun.

Why is it ok for there to be a black only school yet if there was a white only school then it would be racist?

So... people shouldn't have freedom of speech when they're in someone else's country, is that what you're saying?

I disagree. I believe in freedom of speech, no matter what. A true libertine.

So It's ok for me to cool black people "Niggers"? And to insult anyone I want to? You say you believe in free speech yet you criticise people for being racist. So are you up for free speech but not for freedom of thought?

And to 39: so it's not ok to pick on somebody 'cos they're black but it's ok for people to pick on my for being ginger? That doesn't single out one person I've heard far more people say they hate gingers and bully ginger people than I have for black people. I'm not saying racism is ok, but why is it not ok yet being against ginger's is? I've seen people insult gingers on the TV. People have insulted me for being ginger in front of teachers and they have said nothing and even laughed.

Why does it matter about slavery yet the holocaust was far more recent, far more vicous and on a bigger scale. Yet being against Jews is less looked down upon than being against blacks.

And to 39: so it's not ok to pick on somebody 'cos they're black but it's ok for people to pick on my for being ginger? That doesn't single out one person I've heard far more people say they hate gingers and bully ginger people than I have for black people. I'm not saying racism is ok, but why is it not ok yet being against ginger's is? I've seen people insult gingers on the TV. People have insulted me for being ginger in front of teachers and they have said nothing and even laughed.

This is exactly my point.

Tread carefully Mikey (use of the word nigger is highly offensive to some regardless of how you think of it - is it so hard to be considerate?) & triforce_keeper (don't call people ***** for disagreeing with you).

I didnt say that, i was talking about the word nigger, calling someone a ginger **** is just insulting and has no history attached to it. However, insulting someone due to there hair colour is wrong, but calling someone a fat fuck is fine as its there own fault.

A) And to 39: so it's not ok to pick on somebody 'cos they're black but it's ok for people to pick on my for being ginger? That doesn't single out one person I've heard far more people say they hate gingers and bully ginger people than I have for black people. I'm not saying racism is ok, but why is it not ok yet being against ginger's is? I've seen people insult gingers on the TV. People have insulted me for being ginger in front of teachers and they have said nothing and even laughed.

B) Why does it matter about slavery yet the holocaust was far more recent, far more vicous and on a bigger scale. Yet being against Jews is less looked down upon than being against blacks.

A) So what did you do about the insult concerning your hair colour? There was a time when insults to Blacks were of 2nd nature, but what changed that? Black people. Fact is, if they would have not done all those marches and highlight these issues nothing would have changed. If you and others are serious about the offences to your hair colour then you would do something about it, but what have you done?

B) ...Huh? Why does it matter? How do you know the Holocaust was on a grander scale than African slavery? I think you should get the facts and figures on that one if you are really trying to make a point. You seem to be trying to downplay racism against Black people. Do you remember what the London mayor said? He merely COMPARED a Jewish (?) person to the Nazi regime yet look how publicized that was! Anti-Jew sentiments gets tackled swiftly even if the sentiment was not anti-jewish.

Use of the N word is wrong, the history behind it is much too big. It's one of those words no-one should never say, including someone that's black. Saying "I'm black so I can use it" is a crappy excuse aswell.

I didnt say that, i was talking about the word nigger, calling someone a ginger **** is just insulting and has no history attached to it. However, insulting someone due to there hair colour is wrong, but calling someone a fat fuck is fine as its there own fault.

Just because insulting gingers doesn't have history (which I think you'll find it does anyway) doesn't mean it's not as serious. And I find it hard to grasp why people get lynched for calling a black person a nigger when pretty much all black people I know (yeah, all of them) call themselves niggers, most having no problem with it anyway.

EDIT: Sorry for using it my post, but I'm not directing it at anybody and I'm not using it in an insulting way.

The difference is; Ginger/blonde people seem to accept these 'jokes' - but why should they be acceptable? There are limits to jokes, I knew about two ginger-haired kids at school who were getting cussed on a daily basis - joke or not - disrespect, is disrespect; and even if they shrug it off, it still affects them. Even still, hair colour is not as absolute as skin colour or physical features for the offence to be so piercing.

They should be acceptable because most of the time they are simply jokes. Something said for a cheap laugh with no malicious intent or attempt to hurt someone, if I can laugh at the ones aimed at me then they should be able to laugh at the ones aimed at them.

Obviously I'm not condoning bullying or anything similar but like Moogle said people will get away with bullying a ginger kid but the second they bully a black kid they'll be pulled up on it. As for this 'hair colour is not as absolute as skin colour' business, well as far as I'm concerned that's rubbish, there is simply no difference.

Use of the N word is wrong, the history behind it is much too big. It's one of those words no-one should never say, including someone that's black. Saying "I'm black so I can use it" is a crappy excuse aswell.

Meh its fine to use in this context i.e talking about the word nigger but using it at/towards someone is compleatly wrong i agree.

Verbal abuse is verbal abuse, no? It all hurts the recipient and thats what I find wrong. History or no history.

Meh its fine to use in this context i.e talking about the word nigger but using it at/towards someone is compleatly wrong i agree.

Oh, yeah, thats fine if your using it in a discussion like this; in this context, but as an insult, like you say it's toally wrong.

But calling someone a fat fuck is fine as its there own fault.

Really?

I'm not the thinnest person in the world, neither am i majorly fat. But it's still not a comment someone would want thrown at them.

It was bastards who thought like that which was one of the reasons i hated going to school for when i was in primary and year 7. (When i was fat.. ter)

They should be acceptable because most of the time they are simply jokes. Something said for a cheap laugh with no malicious intent or attempt to hurt someone, if I can laugh at the ones aimed at me then they should be able to laugh at the ones aimed at them.

Obviously I'm not condoning bullying or anything similar but like Moogle said people will get away with bullying a ginger kid but the second they bully a black kid they'll be pulled up on it. As for this 'hair colour is not as absolute as skin colour' business, well as far as I'm concerned that's rubbish, there is simply no difference.

There is a reason why there is sensitivty towards Black racism because we all know and have seen the horrors of its climax and it all wasn't too long ago. I however can't remember when a Ginger-haired person was lynched on the street just for being ginger. So in that sense that sensitivity is not there, thats probably why you can laugh at the 'jokes' against you.

There is a reason why there is sensitivty towards Black racism because we all know and have seen the horrors of its climax and it all wasn't too long ago. I however can't remember when a Ginger-haired person was lynched on the street just for being ginger. So in that sense that sensitivity is not there, thats probably why you can laugh at the 'jokes' against you.

Possibly because the media don't give a crap about it compared to a racist offense. Yet another problem with the balancing of general bullying/racism.

There is a reason why there is sensitivty towards Black racism because we all know and have seen the horrors of its climax and it all wasn't too long ago. I however can't remember when a Ginger-haired person was lynched on the street just for being ginger. So in that sense that sensitivity is not there, that's probably why you can laugh at the 'jokes' against you.

Well as far as I'm concerned there is no difference and if they can't laugh at themselves then it's their own tough luck (that applies not just to black people but ginger/people with any other defining trait and obviously I'm just talking about those comments that are meant as jokes and nothing more)

I'm not racist, but I do laugh at racial type jokes, be it white, black, scottish, irish, whatever, if it's funny, it's funny.

So It's ok for me to cool black people "Niggers"? And to insult anyone I want to? You say you believe in free speech yet you criticise people for being racist. So are you up for free speech but not for freedom of thought?

I am for freedom of thought, however, I do believe one must cement his thoughts thouroughly, if he is ging to defend them... And well, let's be honest, there is absolutely no backing up to being racist. It's just plain ignorant. That doesn't mean you can't be racist, but if you are, you've immediatly lost all of my respect. I have yet to meet a smart, well educated individual with balanced beliefs that is racist.

Bollocks to the hair colour not being as definite. Hair colour can change, so can skin colour. I can dye my hair. People can wear make-up. Both are as changeable as each other. So what if they is less history concerning gingers. Now is the present and there is more ginger bullying than racism bullying.

I am for freedom of thought, however, I do believe one must cement his thoughts thouroughly, if he is ging to defend them... And well, let's be honest, there is absolutely no backing up to being racist. It's just plain ignorant. That doesn't mean you can't be racist, but if you are, you've immediatly lost all of my respect. I have yet to meet a smart, well educated individual with balanced beliefs that is racist.

So is it ok for people to call me ginger? Would you lose all respect for them? No? Because that's the way it seems. Maybe not with you but with society.

Well as far as I'm concerned there is no difference and if they can't laugh at themselves then it's their own tough luck (that applies not just to black people but ginger/people with any other defining trait and obviously I'm just talking about those comments that are meant as jokes and nothing more)

Just because you ACCEPT being insulted, doesn't mean others should too. Simple as that.

Now is the present and there is more ginger bullying than racism bullying.

Facts please?

Facts please?

I don't have any facts because these things aren't exactly logged or recorded. Yet if you ask Strider (who goes to my school) I'm sure he will agree that there is a lot more bullying.

Possibly because the media don't give a crap about it compared to a racist offense. Yet another problem with the balancing of general bullying/racism.

Well a few decades ago a racist offense was practically non-existant. Basically, if Ginger-haired people feel so offended about the insults then they would do something about it, right now, I only see people using it as an excuse to downplay racial discrimination.

Tread carefully Mikey (use of the word nigger is highly offensive to some regardless of how you think of it - is it so hard to be considerate?) & triforce_keeper (don't call people ***** for disagreeing with you).

Dude, I have yet to insult any one with the word, and probably won't be doing. The point I'm making is, the word is no worse than many others. People just get hysterical over it.

Well a few decades ago a racist offense was practically non-existant. Basically, if Ginger-haired people feel so offended about the insults then they would do something about it, right now, I only see people using it as an excuse to downplay racial discrimination.

Ok what do you suppose I do? And I have actually spoke to my teachers about it and most said I was talking rubbish and a few even laughed.

I don't have any facts because these things aren't exactly logged or recorded. Yet if you ask Strider (who goes to my school) I'm sure he will agree that there is a lot more bullying.

:indeed: ...So what happens in your school is obviously what happens in the entire nation...I only urge people to argue with valid points. :/