Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

i will never forgive WB for turning down Burton's Batman III

What was the premise? Is there a link to it somewhere?

I know Tim Burton served as deputy producer or something on Batman Forever, which is probably why it's better than Batman and Robin (which he had no involvement in).

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the premise? Is there a link to it somewhere?

I know Tim Burton served as deputy producer or something on Batman Forever, which is probably why it's better than Batman and Robin (which he had no involvement in).

hmm maybe i shouldnt have said "turning down". i think the legend goes, Tim brought a few ideas to the table at WB, and even though Batman Returns was a success, they wanted the next movie to be more mainstream. so Tim basically decided to be the producer and just work on his other movies instead. I think not having Tim direct was one of the main reasons for Michael to leave too (the other being that he was not happy with the story).

Apparently, his original ideas were for Robin Williams to be The Riddler, and Billy Dee Williams (the original Harvey Dent in the first movie) to become Two-Face. Marlan Wayans would have played Robin (he was originally going to be robin in returns, but wasn't. he apparently still gets paid today for signing the contract though).

I also read online that Riddler was suppose to have a "?" shaven on his head or something, and Two Face's scarred side was suppose to be grey. I'm not sure if there is any truth in that though.

Edited by or else you will DIE

Ew ew ew at Marlan Wayans as Robin...no thanks.

I do think they should have kept the orignal Harvey Dent though...changing him made little sense except to be more comic-accurate, despite the character already being in the film series...

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/104/1044992p1.html

Independence Day 2 & 3?

UK, November 13, 2009 - Are you ready for Independence Day: The Trilogy?

You just might have to be, with Roland Emmerich, who directed the original as well as apocalyptic blockbuster 2012 (out this week), talking up the prospect of two ID4 sequels in an interview with MTV News.

He said: "What we want to do in the next - it's actually two movies - we want to do a bigger arc. Independence Day was always like the king who leads his troops into battle against an evil force, and that stays like that."

Emmerich even suggested a title: "ID4-ever, Part I and II maybe?" (we're not sure if that's a joke).

He didn't go into too many plot details, but said the story would follow on from the first movie. "There's an idea... the idea is just to continue the story and actually I don't know how many years ago this was - twelve, thirteen, fourteen years ago - and just continue where it ended."

He also said the action would stay firmly routed on this planet and not branch out into space. "It's always about earth and that earth gets invaded," the director said.

Since when was it called ID4?

Anyways, whilst it may not go to any other planets I expect there will be quite a bit of Mothership action!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/104/1044889p1.html

Rambo V Course Correction

Stallone says the sequel's story has changed.

US, November 12, 2009 - It looks like Rambo won't be going on a savage hunt after all.

StalloneZone heard from John Rambo himself, Sylvester Stallone, who advised the site that the previously reported plot for Rambo 5 -- which was being sold as recently as this week's American Film Market as Rambo V: The Savage Hunt -- has been tossed out. Savage Hunt would have seen Rambo partnering with a Special Forces team to hunt down a genetically-engineered man-beast in the Arctic. Yep, you read that right.

But fear not, fanboys. Stallone told his fan site that "Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. Rambo himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished. There will be blood." Now that's more like it!

WOW that original premise was a crazy one!

Don't really see the need for Rambo V. Rambo IV was good enough for what it was, but it felt pretty empty and almost like an updated Rambo II or something.

Still the Rambo films are what they are, so I guess he could close the farm up and don the bandana as many times as he likes really!

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – Idris Elba has joined the cast of "Thor," Marvel Studios' film centering on the Norse god of thunder.

Kenneth Branagh is directing the adaptation of the Marvel comic. Chris Hemsworth will star as Thor; Tom Hiddleston will play Loki, and Natalie Portman is the love interest, Jane Foster.

Elba will play Heimdall, who, as the guardian of Asgard, stands on the BiFrost Bridge ready to defend the city from intruders.

Elba, who had a recurring role on "The Office," most recently appeared on the big screen in "Obsessed" opposite Beyonce Knowles. He next appears in the heist thriller "Taken" and will have a turn in Dark Castle's DC Comics adaptation "The Losers."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091120/film_nm/us_elba

Bit off a odd choice, having a black man play a Norse god.

Not gonna get too bothered by it, from what I have seen he is a good actor.

Its a shame Zachery Levi had to back out (although for good reasons, Chuck got more episodes ordered). Apparently they offered him the titular role (he was meant to be playing a smaller role instead before he had to drop out) but he said no because he hasn't got the build for it.

Edited by Ashley

US Box Office Results - 1. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON $72,700,000

This shatters both previous All-Time Friday and Single Day records of $67 million set by 2008's The Dark Knight. So Batman was beaten by the Twilight sequel's vampires and werewolves which won't sit well with the superhero-loyal moviegoing community. But Stephanie Meyer's "Twilight Saga" novels -- New Moon is the second in the series -- are now proving as much of a phenomenon as comic books for source material at the box office. Friday's total included New Moon's $26.27M in 12:01AM screenings from 3,514 theaters. That set a new midnight opening record, smashing The Dark Knight's $18.4M set on July 18, 2008, and Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince's $22.2M set on July 15, 2009.

140hymc.gif

2zdzvwg.gif

Edited by Dante

• 3 weeks later...

:santa:

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/105/1054018p1.html

Iron Man 2 Trailer Set

US, December 10, 2009 - IGN Movies has confirmed that fans will finally be able to get their first look at Iron Man 2 in the coming weeks.

The teaser trailer for Iron Man 2 will definitely run with the Christmas release of Sherlock Holmes, which also stars Robert Downey Jr. The trailer will debut online at Apple, which has also just released the new teaser poster featuring Mickey Rourke as Whiplash.

iron-man-2-20091201004233667.jpg

iron-man-2-20091201004231902.jpg

Iron-Man-2_pst2_h_1260474616.jpg

iron-man-2-20091201004226590.jpg

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!